PDA

View Full Version : New Flooring.

blue
01-21-2009, 02:53 AM
Ive been wanting to redo my computer racks for awhile and figured if I was gonna do that I might as well tear out the carpet and put down some laminate flooring.

It took me longer to get everthing torn down and out of this room then it did to tear the carpet out and get the new flooring down.

I had 5 different colors of flooring I used and I think it came out pretty good looking.

http://www.geocities.com/duffy7836/newfloor001.jpg

I still have to get the gun safe back in here as well as re-rearranging the computer stuff and shelving but its been a long day and Im staisfied with the results.

jennielynn1970
01-21-2009, 03:52 AM
Good job! It looks really neat with the variations in the boards. Now you can come down here and do mine, lol! :p

Give yourself a pat on the back, a good drink, and go to bed, or relax somehow!

chocolatepuppy
01-21-2009, 04:33 AM
Looks great! :D Same as Jenn, you can come do a few of my floors next!:p

Medusa
01-21-2009, 04:50 AM
Well done! :)

beeniesmom
01-21-2009, 05:33 AM
Wow, very nice Dan. Looks really good. Add me to the list!

3Catcondo
01-21-2009, 06:33 PM
What an awesome job on the floor. I love all of the different shades of laminate. Way to go!

Karen
01-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Looks great, good job! Now, apologize to your knees and head over to Thursdays for a good glass of something!

lv4dogs
01-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Wow, that looks great! You gave me a great idea for some of my floors (which we are actually just starting to do!). That idea can save a lot of money too as you can often find just one or a few boxes of each color on clearance at hardware stores! It's easy to install too.
I am really impressed. :D Thank you for the ideas.

blue
01-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the comments. My old boss gave me a killer deal on mismatched flooring and I some how wound up with about 30 square feet extra. It was originaly supposed to be two different colors of birch.

When I first started laying it down I wasnt sure I was gonna like it, but when I was half done I realy liked the blend. If I ever get the cherry laid down in the living room Im gonna find it boring.

Daisy and Delilah
01-21-2009, 07:24 PM
That's awesome. I've never thought of doing a floor like that. Great job!!