PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Photons?

RICHARD
01-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I look at my cat as an ongoing experiment in learning cat behavior and how to relate to them.

I recently came across this observation and feel rather badly about it.

I watch Ed get to the spots where he sees light/sunshine falling.
HE's very methodical about positioning himself where he gets optimum warmth.

Same thing with the fireplace, he'll come over to see if there is the possibility of it erupting into flame, hence a warm spot to lie down in.

Recently I bought some night lights- I was having trouble navigating around the place and decided to pick up a few to light my path.

I placed one in the powerstrip near the front door and Ed's preferred place of nap!

The nights have been cooler and I have noticed that he's been asleep next to the night light.-he lies with his back to it and while I am not concerned with him getting electrocuted, I was wondering if he took the orange glow as a sign or warmth or even fire?

Anyone else with this observation?

Yes, I have entirely WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!

emily_the_spoiled
01-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Those things actually give off heat, so he is just "toasting his other side" :rolleyes:

RICHARD
01-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Those things actually give off heat, so he is just "toasting his other side" :rolleyes:

LOL!
I know! But he hangs out there ALL THE TIME!

Sucking up photons?:D

catmandu
01-20-2009, 03:24 PM
ALL CATS I THINK ARE ATTRACTED BY LIGHT AND HEAT, SO MANY THE EDSTER THINKS THAT YOU STOLE A PIECE OF THE SUN, AND PUT IT IN THE ROOM JUST FOR HIM.:love::love:

emily_the_spoiled
01-20-2009, 03:24 PM
No, he probably just figures it is a more reliable heat source than the sun, afterall it does operate 24/7 (thanks to Dad) :D

RICHARD
01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
I went over and felt the heat coming off the light. He has his hip pressed up against it!:)

lvpets2002
01-20-2009, 04:50 PM
:love: Maybe he is giving you the hint to turn on some heat Richard..:p Poor baby..:D
I went over and felt the heat coming off the light. He has his hip pressed up against it!:)