PDA

View Full Version : The Pee Tent- patent should be pending :)

Cataholic
01-19-2009, 07:18 PM
I have this wonderful invention that I want to share with everyone, and I am SERIOUS! LOL, but, it is funny to imagine.

I have some cats that are too big/bushy to use a covered litterbox. And, if I leave the cover off, the pee ends up vertical, until it runs down the wall, into the floor mat that the box sits upon. I got tired of smelling urine.

I found the perfect solution. I took three normal everyday white plastic garbage bags- I think they are the 13 gallon size and cut them open down the long side, at the seam. I then used duct tape and taped one end on the inside of the litterbox (close to the top so as to not get in the way of the litter). I took the other end and taped it to the wall, repeating the process on two other sides, and taping the bags to one another at the corners.

It works great for me cause the one box is in the bedroom closet (to accomodate Minnie). So, I have ready made walls to work with. But, with some ingenuity, one could probably come up with some other type of wall device (maybe some framing?).

It has the benefits of controlling the overactive pee'ers without the covered lid! Build your own Pee Tent!

Freedom
01-19-2009, 07:44 PM
You are going to be a millionaire when the patent comes through! :D

Cinder & Smoke
01-19-2009, 08:10 PM
I have this wonderful invention that I want to share with everyone ...

It has the benefits of controlling the overactive pee'ers without the covered lid!
Build your own Pee Tent!

And how do you cover the DOOR end of da Box?

Boot's was always *creative* :rolleyes: with his Box Habbits :mad:

* He'd climb in, then dig to China - throwing vast piles of sand over & out of da box.
*THEN, he'd back up on the pile left in the box and stick his butt over the side! :mad:
* BOMBS away ... and he'd vacate the box without a single covering scratch!

I found a "High Side" box with only a low-cut entry way ...
Yeah ... he'd just walk straight in and excavate out the door, then *BOMB* out the door! :mad:

MY solution?
Wally'sWorld sells large plastic "storage tubs" - some with sides 10-12" high and
about litterbox width and length ... BOOTS-proof!

He had to *JUMP* up and in/out - but seemed to like the challenge.
And The TUB was about impossible to toss either sand or Pee/Poop out of! :D

I guess I made a Pee High-Rise!
:p

Medusa
01-19-2009, 08:16 PM
I can see it now: pee condos. Sounds like a winner to me. ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-20-2009, 03:29 AM
I have this wonderful invention that I want to share with everyone, and I am SERIOUS! LOL, but, it is funny to imagine.

I have some cats that are too big/bushy to use a covered litterbox. And, if I leave the cover off, the pee ends up vertical, until it runs down the wall, into the floor mat that the box sits upon. I got tired of smelling urine.

I found the perfect solution. I took three normal everyday white plastic garbage bags- I think they are the 13 gallon size and cut them open down the long side, at the seam. I then used duct tape and taped one end on the inside of the litterbox (close to the top so as to not get in the way of the litter). I took the other end and taped it to the wall, repeating the process on two other sides, and taping the bags to one another at the corners.

It works great for me cause the one box is in the bedroom closet (to accomodate Minnie). So, I have ready made walls to work with. But, with some ingenuity, one could probably come up with some other type of wall device (maybe some framing?).

It has the benefits of controlling the overactive pee'ers without the covered lid! Build your own Pee Tent!

Please post a picture of your invention:)

orangemm
01-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Yes, I have a cat with the same habits! (pee and poop) Good thinking!

In fact, yesterday, when we were going to the vet, I detected "that smell" as I was driving. Poor Binky was so upset he peed in the carrier.:rolleyes: Thank goodness I had a big thick towel in there.

Cataholic
01-20-2009, 08:43 AM
I guess I made a Pee High-Rise!
:p

A Pee High-Rise beats a Pee Tent! :) Phred, I had the concern about the un-plastic wall side, but, that doesn't seem to be the style of my pee'ers. They jump into the box (it is a jumbo box) and turn around and pee!

Lut, I will try to post a picture...my closet is small, and I am not sure I can get the right angle.

GILL
01-20-2009, 10:01 AM
The tent sounds like a great idea. We have started using the very large storage bins, the sides are almost 18 inches high. I just cuut a low openning in one end for easy access.

catmandu
01-20-2009, 03:45 PM
AS HAS BEEN SAID MANY TIMES, MANY WAYS NECCESITY IS TRULY THE MOTHER OF INVENTION:):), AND WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR PEA TENT, AS A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS!!!:love::love: