PDA

View Full Version : surgery 1/22

joycenalex
01-19-2009, 04:51 PM
i'm going back again on thursday 1/22/09 to have the same incisional hernia repaired, this time with meshing to keep it in place....wooo hoo. i'll be in the hospital 3-5 days. i'm looking forward to the mext month to 6 weeks away from work, however this isn't the easiest way to get time off:p. talk to you next week

Karen
01-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Oh, good luck, and we'll be thinking of you!

Lady's Human
01-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Good luck with Sir-Jury.

Daisy and Delilah
01-19-2009, 08:51 PM
I hope all goes well. My thoughts and prayers are going out. Enjoy your time off work!!:)

K9karen
01-19-2009, 09:15 PM
No sirjury is ever fun, but at least it's an excuse to relax, get pampered (even when you feel great..milk it for all it's worth! :p)
Praying your operation goes perfect and that you don't have too much discomfort. Take care of yourself. I know the furries will take good care of you.

shais_mom
01-19-2009, 11:00 PM
good luck Joyce!

4 Dog Mother
01-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Will be thinking about you, Joyce during your surgery and recovery!

Medusa
01-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Prayers going up that all will be well. :)

carole
01-20-2009, 07:15 PM
I hope everything goes well for you and wish you a speedy recovery,good luck.,be thinking of you.:love:

joycenalex
01-21-2009, 04:58 AM
thanks for the well wishes. i've got a half day at work today, then home to finish the last minute things....like pretending i can do all the house tidying and laundry (HA!). princess peanut has taken to sneaking onto my bed in the middle of the night, the cats already know they own it and this means that i'll be sleeping with a pillow on my stomach for a while.....and oh yeah...never read a janet evanovich comic novel with sutures in your abdomen...i laughed until i hurt for real. see you next week

beeniesmom
01-21-2009, 05:29 AM
Good Luck!

lvpets2002
01-21-2009, 12:35 PM
:) Best of Good Healing Wishes.. Sending Lots of Positive PT Vibes & Prayers & Huggss..

JenBKR
01-21-2009, 12:53 PM
I hope all goes well, good luck! Lots of prayers coming your way!

Cinder & Smoke
01-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi God ~

Did Alex, da Wonder Dawg Angel, tell Ya about his Mom, Miz Joyce?
She's havin fixzit sir jury tumorrow - You gonna be there?

OK, great!
So Alex made allua arrangements, huh?
Tubby an Peanut have the Silver Klowd Express all gassed ta go, gotz a MapQuest
printed out, an Alex got Your kleen *skrubbies* all laid out fur mornin!
Ya say Alex is doin a ride-along as Your 'assistant'? NEET! :cool:

Kan You take da Big Book along fur reference, God?
Dis izza 'repeat' fixzit job ... try ta show da White Coat how to Do it Rite dis tyme.

THANKS, God!
/s/ the Prayer Pups

lizbud
01-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Best of luck with the operation.:) Will you have help if you need it?
Take it easy & feel better soon.:)

lizbud
01-23-2009, 04:46 PM
I hope you are well on the mend & resting up at the hospital. Prayers
for a good recovery.:)

Daisy and Delilah
01-23-2009, 10:42 PM
I just wanted you to know that I'm sending out more thoughts and prayers and I hope all is well. I look forward to an update.

momcat
01-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Count on my prayers for a swift and full recovery. Groucho is sending you lots of get better purrs and kitty hugs :love:

joycenalex
01-25-2009, 11:16 AM
got home a little while ago. i'm pretty fuzzy, narcotics, properly used are good, i no longer have a belly button, and the hernia is gone....massive hernia and massive adhesions indeed..
princess peanut and mojo are glued to me. off to the recliner, does this mean i get to control the remote?;)

Catty1
01-25-2009, 01:26 PM
"A better life through pharmacology." ;)

WOW - sounds like a lot of work was done. I hope you are feeling ok and that your fur nurses are working full time!

Hog the remote - you've earned it! :)

Get well soon.:love:

Cinder & Smoke
01-25-2009, 01:28 PM
got home a little while ago.

i'm pretty fuzzy, narcotics, properly used are good ...

off to the recliner,
does this mean i get to control the remote? ;)

Welcome Home, "Fuzzie"!

Control the remote?
SURE - as long as you can hang onto it!
(And agree to watch Animal Planet.) :p

FEEL BETTER!! :)

lizbud
01-25-2009, 04:54 PM
got home a little while ago. i'm pretty fuzzy, narcotics, properly used are good, i no longer have a belly button, and the hernia is gone....massive hernia and massive adhesions indeed..
princess peanut and mojo are glued to me. off to the recliner, does this mean i get to control the remote?;)

I wonder how routine these 2nd surgeries are for the same hernia?

I also had to have a 2nd surgey to correct what the Dr missed the
first time. The thought of re-opening a first surgical scar just about
freaked me out..:eek:

I'm glad you are home now & resting. Get well soon.:)

Karen
01-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Glad you are home, let the healing begin!

RICHARD
01-25-2009, 05:29 PM
I wonder how routine these 2nd surgeries are for the same hernia?

I also had to have a 2nd surgey to correct what the Dr missed the
first time. The thought of re-opening a first surgical scar just about
freaked me out..:eek:

I'm glad you are home now & resting. Get well soon.:)

Hernia repairs are very common and have to do with the condition of you area you are having the sugery in.

Abdominal/inguinal hernias are very common and sometimes a repair can put stress on the outlying area, making it a necessity to have a repair 'fixed'.

The mesh repair is done with a material called 'marlex' and covers more of the area that just a simple incisional herna repair. It's like a patch that covers it up.

An incisional hernia is a weakness in the muscle wall of your abdomen. The 'fix' is to sew up the incision in the muscle wall. If the muscle wall cannot hold the 'bulge' in, a surgeon wil place a patch of material over the area, secure it with stiches and that helps spread the tension across more of the adominal muscles!

All in all they are a very common surgery and sometimes have to be redone for many reasons!

Medusa
01-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Rest is probably the best medicine right now. Get plenty of it and get better. :)

joycenalex
01-27-2009, 09:54 AM
1-mojo generates a fair amount of heat as a lapcat 2-vegging out infront of lolcats and ihasahotdog isn't a good thing when percoceted. *snork*

joycenalex
01-27-2009, 09:55 AM
[QUOTE=RICHARD;2115863]Hernia repairs are very common ....
The mesh repair is done with a material called 'marlex' and covers more of the area that just a simple incisional herna repair. It's like a patch that covers it up.marlex and me? LOLLOL...narcotics..hee heehee time to go lie down heeheehee

Karen
01-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Oh, Joyce, posting under the influence of narcotics are we? I hope you feel better sans percoset soon! Glad you have your furnurses handy!

lvpets2002
01-27-2009, 10:35 AM
:eek: Ouchy Ouchy that all sounds Painfull.. Enjoy thems Drugsss.. Glad your home & all went well.. Now you get some rest & heal && for sure Hog the Remote..:D

cassiesmom
01-27-2009, 08:52 PM
1-mojo generates a fair amount of heat as a lapcat 2-vegging out infront of lolcats and ihasahotdog isn't a good thing when percoceted. *snork*

Uh-oh.

I'm glad you are home and everything went well! Take good care!

RICHARD
01-28-2009, 02:41 PM
marlex and me? LOLLOL...narcotics..hee heehee time to go lie down heeheehee

LOLOLOL,
That took me a second...........Posting while medicated is better that posting while angry!

Feel better!

joycenalex
02-02-2009, 03:47 PM
the surgeon removed the drains and the staples this afternoon, and i am sooo glad. i feel 60% better and i'm looking forward to continuing to improve. if the warm weather keeps melting the snow, i can start walking again, sadly without the princess tho, she pulls too hard (poorly trained human, head hung in shame). time to update the mom now.

Karen
02-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Glad things are looking better for you!

lizbud
02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Well, so far, so good.:) I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

joycenalex
02-12-2009, 02:38 PM
i had my last post op visit, i can return to work on 3/2, with light duty for the first 2 months,maybe one month longer possibly longer since my clinic has the bariatric equipment (the hospital put the xray/cat scan/mri/bone density tables that can handle 450-700 pound patients) and i'm never going to try to move a patient of size by myself ever again. i had a small post op wound infection that responded very nicely to bactrim. the wounds are almost closed. the recovery room nurse who hooked me up to a pain pump when i started crying in the PACU was an angel. posting under narcotics made for some fun reading afterwards.
thank you for the well wishes, it really helps.

lizbud
02-12-2009, 06:54 PM
It's good to hear how well you are healiing up.:) Please be sure to follow
Dr's orders when you do get back on the job. NO HEAVY LIFTING.:D