PDA

View Full Version : I made a tunnel for Fister

Randi
01-19-2009, 04:09 PM
No pictures yet, but perhaps one of these days. ;)

I got 5 empty wine boxes in my supermarket and taped them together, lenghtwise. Throw a couple of little balls of yarn in there, and Fister is racing through. Quite fun to watch, and a cheap toy. :D

lvpets2002
01-19-2009, 04:16 PM
:) Well now who got to drink the Wine??:p Hey that does sound like a pretty neat idea..

Cinder & Smoke
01-19-2009, 04:25 PM
:) Well now, who got to drink the Wine?? :p

WoW!
How many bottles come in a BOX?

>*hick*<

:D

lvpets2002
01-19-2009, 04:30 PM
:) Kinda my thought too.. Here all this time a party has been going on & we was not even invited.. :D >*Up*<
WoW!
How many bottles come in a BOX?

>*hick*<

:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-19-2009, 04:41 PM
That is a super idea Randi!! There are always empty boxes (wine or other) at our local supermarket. I will give this a try to!!! Thanks for the neat idea:):love:

catmandu
01-19-2009, 04:55 PM
I HAD A TUNNEL MADE OF OLD LITTER BOXES ALL TAPED TOGETHER, BUT THEY SAT ON TO OF THAT AND CRUSHED IT COMPLETELY!!
:love::love:
I WILL HAVE TO FIND SOME STURDY CADBOARD BOXES AND TRY AGAIN:love::love:
WE CANT WAIT TO SEE SENIOR OWESOME ORANGIE FISTER IN HIS BARRELS:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Edwina's Secretary
01-19-2009, 06:05 PM
How wonderful that he enjoys it! My mother geve the Es a tunnel and their reaction was....ho hum...

Please get video!

Sugaree
01-19-2009, 06:14 PM
What a good idea to make a tunnel! i've made condos and just have boxs all over my house but i never thought of that! Thanks for sharing.

Cataholic
01-19-2009, 07:12 PM
This takes me back to some happy days with RB Tex, Georgie and Tenny. Mom and I bought this school house shaped like a tunnel and those 3 played in there for a long, long time. Finally, as Gary mentioned, it became crushed under the weight of the cats and went to the garbage. It was fun while it lasted.

Bengalz
01-19-2009, 07:30 PM
What a great idea! We also got a tunnel for Eve which she completely ignores:rolleyes: however .... give her a box that she barely fits into and she"drives" it headfirst :p all over the place. We call it "PlayStation Eve" ;) she is always trying to emulate her Daddy:p

shepgirl
01-19-2009, 07:35 PM
All we need now is for someone to come up with an idea on how to make dog tunnels. Our pet shops quit carrying them because they weren't a big seller.
They don't make wine bottles large enough for Shepherds.

Karen
01-19-2009, 07:47 PM
All we need now is for someone to come up with an idea on how to make dog tunnels. Our pet shops quit carrying them because they weren't a big seller.
They don't make wine bottles large enough for Shepherds.

Refrigerator boxes are big enough! Ask at Home Depot or Lowes? ;) However, does your house have a room big enough to set up a "shepherd tunnel" in it? ;)

Randi
01-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Before anyone think I'm turning into an alcoholic, let's get this straight.... a woman in the supermarket, put the EMPTY boxes away for me to come and collect. :D And btw, she is a very nice person who is looking in to getting some special cereal (Jordans) for me. :p AND... she has two cats! :)

Gary, yes it IS important that the boxes are sturdy. ;) Each box makes room for 6 bottles.

Lut, if you make a tunnel of them, use some of that thick brown tape!

Sonia59
01-20-2009, 06:28 AM
I can't wait to see some pictures or a video of Fister playing like a young kitty in the tunnel!:)

shepgirl
01-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Actually I never thought of going to those big stores for cardboard boxes.. Thanks for the idea Karen. I could also build some outside for the summer , cover them with tarps when it rains.
Yes our downstairs would be big enough to build a pretty long one even with a twist to another room, we don't use that part of the house anymore.

GILL
01-20-2009, 11:35 AM
I do allot of shipping in/out. The rule of the house is box comes in. cats have first choice. I will some times retape the box then cut a hole in one or two ends. It's fun to see a 15 lb. cat try to sit in a 6 inch square box or a kitten in a 40 x 36 in.
When the box gets crushed or worn out there is always a new one available.
Having different sizes is great fun for all.
Right now there is a small box in front of the stove Demetri, Lucky, and Roz take turns in it.

lvpets2002
01-21-2009, 12:25 PM
:) My babies love the D-Coke 12 pk & or 24 pk size box.. I get one or the other each week & give them the box when I put the cans up..