PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist attack in Lost Angeles.

RICHARD
01-18-2009, 11:15 PM
There has been a chemical/biological attack in the San Fernando Valley, just north of Lost Angeles.

I was sitting in the front room of my mom's house when I started to notice a strange smell in the air.

Ugh, I can handle some stench, but this was way out of my comfort zone. I have been able to live pretty well since I changed the cat's litter to Feline Pine, but tonight I was attacked!

I bought Ed some new 'green' treats-I'll get the brand later on-and he loved them.

So much he became a PITA and I just tossed the bag into his treat dish.

Those friggin things made his dump stink like nothing I have ever smelled before. It's not the regular stinky turds a cat has when he changes food!

This is not a sharp odor, It's a base, thick stench that traveled all thru the house. Holy Jerry, Jose and Martina!

I had to go get the baking soda cat box stuff and an air freshener!

This has got to be a terrorist plot to make us turn against our pets. I have lived thru some pretty rank litter box attack, but this one was effing the worst- there was no scratching of the box of food dish afterwards. Ed just dumped and came out to the front room, lay down and let his 'handiwork' take over.

Ugh, I have to go back and take care of the problem. I scooped out the offending poop, but I know the stench is still in there....

Pray for me!

UGH!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-19-2009, 04:37 AM
HAHA !!! My first thought was "why is this thread in Cat General??"

It is amazing what change some food can make in the litterbox "products" :rolleyes::eek:! Do never give them something with lots of onions :eek::eek:, or you might have to evacuate ...:p:D

momcat
01-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Wow, sounds like a call to the HAZMAT crew is in order here! :eek: :eek:

RICHARD
01-19-2009, 03:18 PM
The offending treats are Purina/Friskies Indoor brand.

Chicken is the flavor that offended me.

-----------

A little background. My mom would refer to Edward as the 'Terrorist" for his lack of manners and ability to do all naughty cat things in front of her!

Hence the association with a terrorist attack!:)

lvpets2002
01-19-2009, 03:24 PM
:p Your such a funny Goof Richard.. Try mulitiplying the smell of flavor with more than 1 kitty.. :D

kitten645
01-19-2009, 03:31 PM
"Do never give them something with lots of onions "

Onions are harmful to cats :eek: Careful!

Thanks for the funny Richard. I haven't varied diets for my two in 7 years to avoid just such a "gassing"!

Claudia

smokey the elder
01-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Pink Nose often lays a "poop of mass destruction" in the litter box closest to where we are so we can get full value out of it! *holds nose*

GILL
01-20-2009, 07:22 AM
I agree with lvpets2002 try it times 15 in a 1400 sq ft house with 6 litter boxs, when it's between 0-10 deg., you just can't open a window.

lvpets2002
01-20-2009, 09:13 AM
:) See thats when you want to put on a Bigg Pot of Cabage to Cook.. Then you get confussed with the smells of flavor for sure..:p:D
I agree with lvpets2002 try it times 15 in a 1400 sq ft house with 6 litter boxs, when it's between 0-10 deg., you just can't open a window.

RICHARD
01-20-2009, 02:07 PM
I woke up this morning at 4 a.m. to get a cup of hot chocolate.

I got chocolate, a choco chip cookie and another gassing.

IT was terrible. I had to race to get it up and out of the house!:rolleyes::D

orangemm
01-22-2009, 04:45 AM
Been there, done that. I hate it when they don't cover up!:eek:

I can tell when the offending deed has been done, there is usually a lot of racing around, leaping, "urking" (that strange noise they make) and general wildness.

Guess he won't be getting more of those treats, eh?:rolleyes::D

RICHARD
01-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Been there, done that. I hate it when they don't cover up!:eek:

I can tell when the offending deed has been done, there is usually a lot of racing around, leaping, "urking" (that strange noise they make) and general wildness.

Guess he won't be getting more of those treats, eh?:rolleyes::D

LOL, I get that behavior too!

We have been serving wet food as a treat for the last few days. NO REPORTED attacks, YET!;)

orangemm
01-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Keepin' my fingers crossed for you, Richard!:D

Good luck! (wouldn't want the EPA breathing down your neck)

cassiesmom
01-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh my goodness, Cassie made a poop of mass odor today while I was in the shower. I came out of the bathroom and -- yikes! I have noticed that, as she is getting older, she doesn't bury her stools in the litter all the time. Sometimes she just goes and then does a kitty sprint right out of the room.

RICHARD
01-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Sometimes she just goes and then does a kitty sprint right out of the room.

Can't stand her own stench?:D

I have been giving Ed a bag of wet food a day.

He was getting Temptations and was ticking me off. He'd sit next to the treat dish waiting for them to appear, when they wouldn't, he'd go in search of them.

Now I open a packet wet food and he doesn't bother me so often, He's become the Curious Case of Edward D. Katz.

I think he is acting younger by the day!:eek: