PDA

View Full Version : Tons of good news

NicoleLJ
01-17-2009, 03:48 PM
I found an awsome suite to live in. Has 2 bedrooms and a huge den. So I am turning the den into a master bedroom and then the boys will share one room and my daughter will have the other room. THe bathroom is bigger then we have here and the kitchen is huge. It is all on one level. The livingroom is the largest room in the house. The place is only $675 compare to the $1450 I have been paying currently. I get to start moving in on the 20th.

Now for the better parts. The owner loves the dogs and loves my goals for breeding. SO she has stated in the future if I want to continue my program I can. YIPPEE. Second good news is she also loves the cats. SO I get to keep them. No more having to find them a new home. THird good news is they have a fish tank in the place they would rather not move. It has 4 Koi in it. Beautiful too. SO they asked if we would mind caring for them. Of course we could. SO I need to learn about Koi. The biggest one is about the lenght of my hand and is the type of gold as a golden ring. It is beautiful. THen there is a silver one, and an orange one with dark black spots and a white one with a few black spots. We just feed them and care for the tank. They pay for it all.

SO as you can see a lot of good news.

Karen
01-17-2009, 04:39 PM
That sounds like an ideal place - and you get to keep the kitties as well. Good news all around. I hope the move goes smoothly.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-17-2009, 04:46 PM
That sounds perfect, Nicole!!! Congrats to you!!!

krazyaboutkatz
01-17-2009, 06:17 PM
This is wonderful news.:) I'm glad to hear that they like animals so now you can take all of your furkids with you too.:) Good luck.:)

Freedom
01-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Oh that IS good news! How exciting! And a bit of relief, although I suspect the real relief will hit when you unpack the last box and the moving is over. So best wishes with that!

Oh, and as a cat and aquarium owner, do be sure that is a cover / lid on the koi tank. My Sparkle used to go fishing for my tetras when I first got into fish (it was a small 10 gallon tank and my tetras kept disappearing!) :D

phesina
01-17-2009, 06:56 PM
FABULOUS news, Nicole! What a wonderful place and new landlord. Heaven on earth for you and all your beloved ones!

All the best with it all,
Pat

shepgirl
01-17-2009, 08:09 PM
BREEDING???

Sounds like a rerun....:rolleyes:

sumbirdy
01-17-2009, 08:20 PM
BREEDING???

Sounds like a rerun....:rolleyes:

Have you ever heard the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

I'm happy for you Nicole. I wouldn't be of help with the Koi, I can't even keep goldfish alive. :(

Marigold2
01-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Wishing you all the best in your new home. May you find great joy.

Giselle
01-17-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm glad you found a good living situation :)

However, I must echo the sentiment regarding breeding. I remember that you were unable to keep one of your dogs, so I seriously must question whether it is a good idea to bring a potential litter into your life at this point? I don't mean any offense at all, but I am concerned as an avid dog lover and as a citizen of the dog community. I also can't help but wonder what your purpose for breeding will be? Again, I don't mean any offense, but we all know how serious dog overpopulation has become and how important it is to breed only for the betterment of the breed. In other words, are you still showing Sheena or proving her in some other field?

I wish you luck with whatever you choose, regardless, and I hope your dogs are doing well.

carole
01-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer person, i am thrilled to bits for you, you deserve a new beginning with lots of happiness,good luck with everything.:)

K9karen
01-17-2009, 11:32 PM
See? 2009 is turning out to be a great NEW year for you! Sounds like you got a real bargain on a huge, lovely place! I love koi! Enjoy them too! I'll be the cats will have a blast staring at them!

NicoleLJ
01-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Or my friends(excluding shepgirl) I was most definately not meaning breeding now. Ajax is only 18 month old. Has had no health tests and I don't even have a female. It would be at least 2 year or more before that happened. It is a long term goal. THe land lord is hoping I will stay a long time and let me know that when I am ready and in a position to be able to breed agian she will allow it. That is all. There is no way I could do it now even if I wanted to. Since I did so well by the last litter I know what to expect know but that is at least a few years down the road. She was was just curious if I was breeding them. And I explained my goals to her is all. And she supported them.

Giselle- No offence take. Just a misunderstanding. Sheena can't be bred. She is spayed. Ajax is the one that can and he is only 18 months old so not old enough yet.

jennielynn1970
01-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Sincerely happy for this fortunate turn of events for you.

Here's to a great new year for you, and hope that things will turn around!

Randi
01-18-2009, 11:36 AM
It sounds like a great place you found - Congratulatons! :)

Taz_Zoee
01-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Woo Hoo! This is wonderful Nicole. Just another step in the right direction for you and your family. :D Congrats!!

Daisy and Delilah
01-18-2009, 01:11 PM
This is great news!!! I hope things continue on this path for you and your family, Nicole.:)

NicoleLJ
01-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Oh, and as a cat and aquarium owner, do be sure that is a cover / lid on the koi tank. My Sparkle used to go fishing for my tetras when I first got into fish (it was a small 10 gallon tank and my tetras kept disappearing!) :D

Great suggestion. My cats have already shown an interest in it when I have taken them over for a visit. Luckily there is a top on it but thanks for the tip. Now I will make sure to make a sign saying "Never forget to leave it off unattended".

Cataholic
01-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Not sure what kind of top is on there now, but, you might want to make sure it is secure and maybe even weighted. Cats are 'funny'.