PDA

View Full Version : I have heat again

davidpizzica
01-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Last night my furnace conked out on me. It made a lot of noise and then it wouldn't even go for me this morning. I called the furnace man and he said I'll probably need a new blower motor soon, but he managed to get the old motor going for right now so that I'll have heat. It's a little noisy , but at least there's heat in the house. More importantly, Marigold will be nicely snug and warm.

Marigold2
01-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh David, you let the secert out and everyone now knows about us. :eek::eek: :D
Last night my furnace conked out on me. It made a lot of noise and then it wouldn't even go for me this morning. I called the furnace man and he said I'll probably need a new blower motor soon, but he managed to get the old motor going for right now so that I'll have heat. It's a little noisy , but at least there's heat in the house. More importantly, Marigold will be nicely snug and warm.

blue
01-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Its a good feeling aint it. I went most of Oct and half of Nov without my furnace.

davidpizzica
01-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Now you know that I'm TERRIBLE at keeping secrets! Unfortunatly my furnace decided to give up the ghost, and I'm using a couple of space heaters to keep warm until I can have major work done to it.

JenBKR
01-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh david, I'm sorry to hear about your furnace. It always seems to happen when it's coldest outside...and of course this is our coldest winter in something like 20 years I believe! Do what you can to stay warm, good luck!

DJFyrewolf36
01-17-2009, 10:36 PM
That stinks!! I remember when I was little having no heat for a couple of days because a main line for natural gas ruptured and took out the gas for half the city. My mom kept me from going outside and by the end of it I was getting really tired of not being able to be more than a few feet from a space heater lol.

I hope the furnace guy fixes your problem soon!

Karen
01-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh, David, keep one faucet on a slow drip - the last thing you need is frozen pipes.

davidpizzica
01-18-2009, 06:06 AM
Oh, David, keep one faucet on a slow drip - the last thing you need is frozen pipes.

Karen, thanks for the advice. I have the laundry tub on slow drip and also the bathroom tap is on it, too. Marigold's doing alright in this no furnace situation, she's cuddling a little more, but she is the one I am most worried about. Is there an RB for furnaces?

Karen
01-18-2009, 08:44 AM
No, but there's a grand junkyard in the sky. Glad Marigold is doing her part to keep you warmer!

davidpizzica
01-18-2009, 10:08 AM
No, but there's a grand junkyard in the sky. Glad Marigold is doing her part to keep you warmer!

She is doing her part. These past two days I felt like the "Old Man" in A Christmas Story battling with an old furnace!

RICHARD
01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
David,

I have passed up on commenting on this thread until today. No one can do anything when you are in heat.:eek:

OH, wait a second......You GOT heat!

Never mind?:confused:;)

DJFyrewolf36
01-18-2009, 10:12 PM
david,

i have passed up on commenting on this thread until today. No one can do anything when you are in heat.:eek:

Oh, wait a second......you got heat!

Never mind?:confused:;)

booooooooooo! ;)

Daisy and Delilah
01-18-2009, 10:19 PM
I hope you're not freezing, David. It's been chilly here for several days and I would have had an awful time without a little heat. Even in Florida we need heat occasionally. I hope you get your full furnace back really soon. I don't know how you Northeners stand the cold anyway. Without heat......YIKES!!!! Stay warm!!

blue: my prayers go out to you for being without a furnace in Alaska. Not even imaginable!!:eek:

davidpizzica
01-19-2009, 12:09 AM
I hope you're not freezing, David. It's been chilly here for several days and I would have had an awful time without a little heat. Even in Florida we need heat occasionally. I hope you get your full furnace back really soon. I don't know how you Northeners stand the cold anyway. Without heat......YIKES!!!! Stay warm!!

blue: my prayers go out to you for being without a furnace in Alaska. Not even imaginable!!:eek:

Terry, right now I'm getting by with a couple of space heaters, but it's not that great. I also have cuddles from Marigold which help, too. I agree, no furnace in Alaska is unthinkable!

blue
01-19-2009, 12:21 AM
I need to check how much heating oil I have, running out at 36 degrees wont be as bad as when I ran out at -32 but it would still suck.

davidpizzica
01-19-2009, 01:48 PM
The old furnace is working again. There's a new blower motor in there now at a cost of $400 and the furnace guy also thought the heat exchanger might have had a crack in it, but he looked at it closer and said it was all right. At least now I can put away the space heaters!