PDA

View Full Version : How are you staying warm?

momcat
01-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi fellow kitties,
It has been very cold here in Trenton recently, much colder than usual. From what we've seen here at PT, many of you are also having extremely cold weather.

What kinds of things are you doing to stay warm? I thought this might be a good time to share some ideas. I've been being extra snuggly with Meowmie and Soncat by going under their blankets with them. Sometimes I put myself right next to where the warm air comes out in the rooms. Sometimes when Meowmie is reading or watching television I try to go inside her big, warm sweatshirt. No matter what I do, there are always lots of lovies to go with it.

What are you doing to stay nice and toasty warm? And please remember our fellow kitties who are outside with no place to go when you say your prayers.

Your friend,
Groucho

3Catcondo
01-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Hey Groucho
We are staying warm by snuggling on our meowmie's bed and she turns the electric fireplace on for us, so we get at the foot of the bed to get the most heat. I also go under the covers and sleep some, too.

:love:
Owen

Taz_Zoee
01-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Hello Groucho,
I'm glad you asked this question. I was just demonstrating the other day what I do when it's cold. Meowmie even caught some pictures of me snoozing in my warm place.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/2009/Cats/December2008251.jpg

If you look closely you might be able to see that I am holding my tail with my front paws. Hee hee, I guess I wanted to keep my paws warm too. :p

Stay warm,
Taz

catmandu
01-17-2009, 04:30 PM
WELL THE LIVING ROOM BEDS RIGHT OVER THE VENT SO BO BO AND JOHN HANCOCK STAY THERE.
AND THE SPARE BEDROOM GETS THE SUN IN THE MORNING SO A LOT OF FOUND CATS SLEEP THERE.:love::love:
PLUS THERES A LARGE OFF THE GROUND VENT WHICH ATTRACTS HEAT SEEKING CATS TOO.:love::love:
I SLEEP IN THERE MYSELF TO HAVE FURRY LOVING COMFORTERS:love::love:
AND MICHAEL THE DREAM CAT HAD PHESINAS BED,:):) AND A WARM VENT
SO HES A HAPPY AS HE CAN BE!!
HE LOVES HIS AUNT PAT BED!!:love::love:

kb2yjx
01-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Dear Groucho!!
Hi from your NJ buddies!!! Mom is going to try to add some small photos of us keeping warm. One is wearing warm sweaters like the one Hope Simone has on. Another way, and the way we like the BEST, is to snuggle in front of the fireplace insert. Mom keeps it loaded with wood all day in weather like this. At night we take over the bed where Mom and Dad sleep!!! It will be an 8 cat night tonight for sure!!!!
All the Clan,
Norton, Tina Peepers, Riley, Hayley, Hope Simone, Nimet, Bianca Rose, and Delilah

Freedom
01-17-2009, 07:02 PM
MeOW! Groucho!

Chestnut here. Yes it HAS been cold here. And because of that, Mom draws all the shades down low overnight to help retain the heat. This means we are missing out on watching sun rises! PHET!

I much prefer to sleep alone. And all my furballs here prefer that I do because I SNORE, or so they claim. :rolleyes: But these last few day, I've been quite willing to ave someone snuggle up with me. Tuppence has been joining me. I am also normally a very spoiled boy who enjoys sleeping on a bed, sofa, of upholstered chair But these days I can be found sleeping in a donut pet bed which is on the floor! Why? Becaue it is righ in front of a heating vent and it is under a chair so the heat all builds and builds quite nicely. With Tuppy snuggled in the donut with me, we get quit cosy! We sleep head to tail and sometimes our heads duck under each other's tail, lol. We keep our pawsies all in the middle together. Mom's been trying to snap a piccy, even before she saw this thread, but we move as soon as we hear her.

Hey Groucho, this is Vita. In case you don't remember, I am the QUEEN here, I do what I want and all the other pets have to pay attention to me. I've been snuggling under the blankies with Mom at night, and once or twice I must have got disoriented in my sleep and I was under her pillow! I've even come between Mom and Lacey, and THAT is something -- Lacey is velcro stuck to mom most all the time!

Groucho, this is Bobby. Tommy, Chaplin and I often enjoy sleeping in the cellar (Mom keeps the door open almost all the time). Mom has noticed that these last few days, no one seems to even investigate the cellar; someone could have stolen it and we wouldn't even KNOW! We been staying up on the main floor.

I am Dad's cat, Crystal. Or I should say, Mom's Dad, our grandpa. Anyway, I sleep on Dad's bed with Marlin. We don't allow ANY other pets on there. And we often grumble at each other, a full size bed just isn't big enough for the TWO OF US! Yet all of sudden the past few nights, we both been snuggling up to Dad together, and if we are touching it is alright. Now THAT tells ya how cold it is!

Don Juan's mom
01-17-2009, 07:49 PM
its been pretty warm here the last few days mom says we need it to be raining and cold again hoomins are crazy right? i usually sleep with mom in the hoomin bed zerlina gattobrat gets in too when its really cold :love:
don juan el gato magnifico y hermoso

Mom says I "bogart" the little box in her room that the heat comes out of. I don't get it. It's just the right size for ME. I also like to get lots of exercise, especially by teasing Don Juan El Dorko. :D
zerlina gattobello nero

cassiesmom
01-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Dear Groucho,

I might have a kitty aboose case for you. My person has a space heater in the bedroom because the window in there is old and leaks a lot of cold air. She turns it on about 15 minutes before lights out. I like to lie on the floor in front of it, but when she sees me there she picks me up and moves me farther away from it! Doesn't she know that I like to be where it's warm? She said something about not wanting me to get burned. I will have her take a picture of me there so you can see that I don't get too close to it.

She was cleaning out a closet today and moved the space heater into the hallway. That was purr-ty nice for me because I could rest there and keep an eye on her at the same time.

So, that's what I do to stay warm. I rest close to the space heater. When my person doesn't have it turned on, I rest on a warm blanket on the bed that my person keeps out for me.

Could you please have your people give you some hugs, scritchies and loves from us?

Thank you,
Cassie and person Elyse

RedHedd
01-18-2009, 11:48 AM
It's warm here in Northern California. Temps have been in the high 70's. Mitzi bakes in the windows. Sunshine is streaming in almost all the time here.

Edwina's Secretary
01-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Dear Groucho,

We hae a different problem. How do we stay cool in this beastly weather? We are having a heat wave. Meowmie -- who does not like hot -- doesn't like us to snuggle much when it is so warm.:(:(:(

Edwina and Eddie

Moesha
01-18-2009, 08:01 PM
I've been spending more time inside! But unfortunately other kitties have been coming inside as well. That does NOT make me happy. So I've been staying warmer by having my blood pressure elevated while trying to fight with these critters that are usually outside! I've spent some time locked in a room by myself where I found a pile of blankets to lie on. This super-soft Slanket it my favorite!

Aroara

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp45/runningazoo/Aroara/AroaraSlanket3.jpg

momcat
01-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi again fellow kitties!!!
What wonderful ideas you have shared! These are some things we can all use. It's still cold and snowing lightly here in Trenton.
Cassie: Never you fear! Every mention of possible aboose is very serious and is investigated. Immediately after the big party in Chicago I'll be out with my ace investigators to get to the bottom of this.
Hope Simone: Your sweater looks purrfect for this cold weather and on you looks quite fashionable.
Taz: Yes, we must remember to watch out for our beautiful tails. You're right to keep your paws and your tail nice and warm! (Meowmie loves the picture of you holding your tail between your paws!)
Edwina, Eddie, and those of you having a heat wave, perhaps your purrents will turn on some fans and open your favorite windows for cool air to come in.

Your friend,
Groucho

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Aw sweetheart, there are many ways to stay warm!!

In a warm cosy bed
http://users.telenet.be/bernardgabriels/images/nieuwe%20tent%201.jpg

http://users.telenet.be/bernardgabriels/images/Inka%201%20jaar%202.jpg

http://users.telenet.be/bernardgabriels/images/august12inka.jpg

http://users.telenet.be/bernardgabriels/images/inko10.jpg

Sharing my bed with my big sister Maya
http://users.telenet.be/bernardgabriels/images/aug%20samen%202.jpg
http://users.telenet.be/bernardgabriels/images/aug%20samen%209.jpg

of course, I'd rather share my bed WITH YOU my dearest!!

Oh, I also love to sleep on my towel when it is ON the radiator!!