PDA

View Full Version : Landmines, Hand grenades and mortars?

RICHARD
01-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Long ago I went on a camping trip with a group of friends.

At night a friend of mine, who was pretty drunk was trying to move a folding chair out of the way of the camp fire smoke. I turned away for a second and heard a thump and the chair hitting the ground.

When I turned to look I saw the smoke from the fire, dirt and dust in the air and my friend's arms and legs sticking up from the ground. It looked like he was in the middle of an explosion. I started to laugh and that night came to be known as "The Day Danny hit a Land Mine"

Over the years any 'occasion' for a fall is known as "The Day XXXX hit a Land Mine" or depending on the sound- Mortar or Hand Grenade!

I was relaxing in front of the TV when I hear a rather large THUMP on the floor.

I looked around and saw nothing, I then thought that ED was in the kitchen knocking things down.

Two seconds later he walked from behing the recliner and I remembered he was asleep on the recliner back. Ed is a normal cat, He'll find a pile of magazines, newspaper or plastic bags to sleep on.....

Another two seconds and I remembered he was asleep on a calendar I had left draped across the back of the recliner. He fell asleep there and in an effort to make himself more comfortable, slipped off and fell!

That was the thump I heard!

He walked around the corned, stopped for a second, looked at me as if to say,
"I meant to do that!"

I apologized profusely and gave him a hug......but, I didn't tell him that this little episode was the "Day that Ed became a Feline Mortar Round":eek:

HE forgave me and now I am more aware of what obstacles I put IN HIS sleeping areas.:eek::o:(

catmandu
01-17-2009, 04:24 PM
:love:THERE A JAPANESE CAT CARTOON , WHAT MICHAEL WHERE IF A CAT DDOES SOMETHING CLUMBSY, THEY JUST DANCE AWAY AS IF IY WAS ALL ON PURPOSE.
:love::love: