PDA

View Full Version : My two beautiful boys

kittykatharine
01-16-2009, 07:28 PM
I lost Baby December 4th, 2006 and Hercules October 31st, 2008. I loved both these cats with all my heart and I miss them more than anyone will ever know.

I saved Baby when I was just 13 years old, when I was living at an apartment complex. Some neighborhood kids were hitting him with remote control cars, when I ran down and yelled at him. This beautiful little black kitten ran off into the woods and I ran after him. I searched for two hours before I found this little scared kitten hiding in a log. I sat there another hour trying to gain his trust and finally he came to me. Baby came home with me that day, to spend the next happy 12 year with me.

I rescued Hercules one day, after finding him in the street by my house. He was so huge I had originally thought he was a dog. Hercules was so sweet and loving, I immediately bonded with him. After getting Hercules his shots and vaccinations, we tried to introduce him to our other cats (Baby, Sydney, and Charlie), but his feral ways were too strong. After several failed attempts to integrate him, it was decided he was to live in a room alone. We got him his own television with 24 hours a day Animal Planet, a thermo blanket for when it is cold, a fan for when it is hot, and toys galore. Hercules loved his little room and we all made sure we saw him several times a day.

Both Baby and Hercules died very quickly (Baby after the vet gave him a medication which put him into liver failure; and Hercules from a believed poisoning) - and I think about them everyday. I still have pictures of my boys everywhere. The one positive thing I have learned from the loss of my two boys is to be proactive with the health of your furbabies. Sydney is alive today because of all I learned from both Baby and Hercules. I wish more than anything I could hold them both in my arms and kiss them. As long as I am on this earth, they will have a place in my heart and my thoughts. :love::love::love::love:

Taz_Zoee
01-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Awww, Baby and Hercules sound like they were very special kitties. It's great that they taught you so much while they were here.
They are together (and Hercules is even getting along with everyone:p) at the bridge.

RIP Baby and Hercules

CultureJunky
01-18-2009, 07:50 AM
They sound wonderful cats and were so lucky to have you as their guardian. So many cats touch us with their beauty and companionship. My Jack is at the bridge, and I know that he has made many new friends who all have their stories to tell about their beloved humans.

catmandu
01-18-2009, 03:22 PM
YOUR HERCULESE SOUND LIKE MY TUBSTER PANTHER AS HES NOT A VERY SOCIAL CAT EITHER, AND SPENDS MOST OF HIS DAYS IN THE GELLAR WHERE HES MASTER OF HIS DOMAIN.
AND POOR BABY BEING CHASE BY THAT JUNIOR IDIOT, I WOULD HAVE THROWN THAT CAR INTO THE NEAREST DUMPSTER.
THEY ARE TOGETHER NOW AS ANIMAL ANGELS AND STARTING 6 WEEKS IN THE SOUTH SEAS , TTHEN RVING IN THE US SOUTHWEST WITH TUBBY AND PEANUT BUTTER, THEN 7 WEEKS IN HAWAII!!
WHERE I AM SURE THAT THEY WILL FIND A PLACE TO BE WITH THIER MEEEOOOWMIE!!!
ONE FINE DAY.:love: