PDA

View Full Version : Hannah starts daycare on Monday*****PICS ADDED IN POST 10*****

sparks19
01-16-2009, 01:48 PM
It's only one day a week but we figured it would be good to get her out with other kids (since I don't drive this is often a challenge) and it will give me time to work on my jewelry stuff and whatever else... maybe cleaning but probably not lol.

I am going to be a nervous wreck on Monday lol. I am already like "what if she doesn't like it" "what if she cries all day long" (which I know won't happen lol) what if this what if that.

They do naptime on mats LOL... I wonder how that is going to work out. Hannah is a great sleeper... in her crib. but I just can't imagine her staying put on a mat lol. and they also do a sit down craft time sorta thing... I wish I could be a fly on the wall the first day. I just can't picture her sitting still for more than 5 seconds lol.

So... Monday I am going to be a wreck so I apologize in advanced because I am going to whine and fret ALL DAY LONG lol.

Husky_mom
01-16-2009, 02:01 PM
I know what you mean... i took my kid to pre- kinder... he was just 2... and boy was I nervous... but he wanted to go as he saw my brother that went to school and he wanted too... so I took him.. his was the whole week.. from 9-1pm... and he didn´t even shed a tear... he went as if he had been there long time ago... but me.. well that´s another story.. LOL...

what else could I expect I pulled the same onmy mom.. ;) :p...

I bet Hannah´ll do great... she´ll have fun spending time with other kids... many hugs to you both

sparks19
01-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Oh yeah... Hannah will be fine. She doesn't seem to care too much if I am in the room or not lol. She's to independant lol. She will love it I know she will.

lvpets2002
01-16-2009, 03:20 PM
:) Now Now Mom take a very deep breath.. You just sit back & watch Hannah is going to do just fine.. Then when she does then you will like she did not miss me or home today..;) I know you will be a wreck all day Monday so you better get some good rest this weekend..

Sirrahsim
01-16-2009, 03:22 PM
How fun!
Be prepared for her to come down with every cold bug that comes her way though! The first year or two of social interaction tends to tax their little immune systems.

Karen
01-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Now, now, Mom - Hannah will be just fine. I suggest you sit down NOW and write yourself out a list of things you NEED to do Monday while she is away. Then you'll have something else to focus on - we know some chores are just afr easier without baby help - and will spend less time fretting.

And better you go through this now than 4 years from now. I will never forget the one little girl who had never been away from her mom and was completely heartbroken and sobbing her first day in Kindergarten. Thankfully, Kimmie's older brother was in my grade (second), and he was able to comfort her a little, but the poor child was a wreck.

Taz_Zoee
01-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Yes, the first day or two will be hard on you, mom. But once you see she is having a blast you will be fine and happy that she is having so much fun.

I remember when a first time mom brought her son to daycare the first day. He was only an infant, about two or three months old. She cried before she even made it in the door to drop him off. I reassured her that he would be fine and that she could call ANYTIME she wanted. She called at least once a day for the first few months he was there. Then we (mom and I) developed a friendship so she felt completely comfortable leaving him with "his" Miss Cindy. Oh and it helped that there were a few other babies about his same age, so he even had a "girlfriend" in class. LOL :D

Little Hannah is growing up! As hard as we try to stop them from doing that, they just go ahead and do it anyway. My niece is going to be 18 next month. That is NOT okay!!!:eek:

Have fun Hannah!! :D

sparks19
01-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah I know she'll do great. she loves to be around other people. She probably won't even notice I am gone... she never does lol. she loves me when I'm around but if I'm not it's no big deal to her lol.

I am already planning my day lol. I figure there is no way I am going to be able to take a nap lol so I am going to come home after we drop her off and make myself a coffee. take some pics of some jewelry pieces, update my shop, work on this bridesmaid project I have... I have lots to do lol.

boomersooner
01-16-2009, 07:34 PM
She'll do great!!! She'll love all of the new toys and kids!!

sparks19
01-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Well Hannah is safe and sound and happy as a clam at daycare. We dropped her off this morning and she played shy for about a minute and a half... you know hiding between my legs and what not. but it didn't take her long to get over that and head off to the toys and start making a mess lol. by the time we left the one teacher was holding her and trying to get her to wave goodbye to me... I didn't even get a WAVE or anything lol. There weren't any kids there yet when we dropped her off so we didn't get to see her meet new friends but she was having a great time when we left.

I'm doing good so far :p but I didn't get a wink of sleep last night.

now for pics... I'm such a mom lol

eating breakfast before daycare
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/2nd%20set%20of%20pics/3rd%20set%20of%20pics/4th%20set%20of%20pics/100_5260.jpg
is it time to go yet?
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/2nd%20set%20of%20pics/3rd%20set%20of%20pics/4th%20set%20of%20pics/100_5262.jpg
Leaving the house
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/2nd%20set%20of%20pics/3rd%20set%20of%20pics/4th%20set%20of%20pics/100_5264.jpg
in the car
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/2nd%20set%20of%20pics/3rd%20set%20of%20pics/4th%20set%20of%20pics/100_5266.jpg
arriving at the daycare
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/2nd%20set%20of%20pics/3rd%20set%20of%20pics/4th%20set%20of%20pics/100_5267.jpg
exploring
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/2nd%20set%20of%20pics/3rd%20set%20of%20pics/4th%20set%20of%20pics/100_5268.jpg
making a mess
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/2nd%20set%20of%20pics/3rd%20set%20of%20pics/4th%20set%20of%20pics/100_5269.jpg

Cataholic
01-19-2009, 12:02 PM
I meant to ask you guys this when I first read your post, but, forgot! I know you two are pretty "strong" ( can I use that word safely?LOL) on homeschooling Hannah. How is it you made the leap to daycare, knowing your position on homeschooling? I see it as somewhat contradictory.

sparks19
01-19-2009, 12:15 PM
I meant to ask you guys this when I first read your post, but, forgot! I know you two are pretty "strong" ( can I use that word safely?LOL) on homeschooling Hannah. How is it you made the leap to daycare, knowing your position on homeschooling? I see it as somewhat contradictory.

She only goes one day a week.

Basically right now I don't drive so I can't take her to playgroups and stuff right now so I don't have the option of alternative methods of socializing her (fingers crossed... I will hopefully be getting my license this spring. As long as I don't fail the test lol) nor do we have a second vehicle (which will change this year)

I don't really see it as contradictory because it's not that we don't want anyone else teaching her or don't want her to have time away from us or anything like that. I just don't like the public school system as of late and feel like it's only going more and more downhill... lack of funding, lack of good teachers... lack of teachers period, etc.

We want to homeschool her because we believe that through a strong homeschooling community we can give her an education personalized to her needs. and if there is an area that she is lacking in (socialization or a certain subject or anything else) we will without a doubt ask for help or do what ever needs to improve that for her... just like now I know she needs to be around other kids right now and without a license I have not been able to provide that for her on a regular basis... so we did what needed to be done to give her that :) So every monday she goes to daycare for the day

Being pro homeschooling doesn't mean she can't ever go and learn from someone else or join a playgroup or do anything outside the home :) It just means we would like to do the majority of her education at home

Cataholic
01-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Thank you for not flipping your lid, and explaining the answer to my question! :)

Husky_mom
01-19-2009, 12:38 PM
awwww..... loved the pics....

sorry you didn´t got a wave.... here´s a wave from me ((waves))... LOL

I bet she´s having a blast... I can remember when mine went... aww... lil backpak and all.. awwww.....

Husky_mom
01-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Thank you for not flipping your lid, and explaining the answer to my question! :)

I think this is what PT is all about... one can explain and answer politely.. no need to flip (like on past cases)(not directed to anyone here just pointing out an opinion)... I´m really pro that...

sparks19
01-19-2009, 12:47 PM

You're welcome. I guess it could have gone either way lol... I'm pretty emotionally unstable today having my baby girl away for so long for the first time.

I kid I kid (sorta)

awwww..... loved the pics....

sorry you didn´t got a wave.... here´s a wave from me ((waves))... LOL

I bet she´s having a blast... I can remember when mine went... aww... lil backpak and all.. awwww.....

thank you :p

she should hopefully be napping right now... I hope she's co operating.

Brian has to do some work there today so he's going to peek in and see how she is doing :D

lvpets2002
01-19-2009, 12:52 PM
:love: Aweee Hannah is such a wittle Cutie Pie.. So glad she & mommy did very well.. great pics thanks

sparks19
01-19-2009, 01:02 PM
OH yeah... and she is the ONLY girl in the group lol. there are 5 of them and she's the ONLY girl. She'll keep those rowdy boys in line :D

JenBKR
01-19-2009, 01:22 PM
:eek: She's not a little baby anymore! Look at her, she looks so grown up! :eek:

Too funny that she is the only girl....I bet she'll have those boys straightened out in no time ;)

sparks19
01-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Brian is at the daycare right now. he said that she is doing good. She only ate about half of her lunch but I'm not surprised because she had a big breakfast. She went down for a nap around 11:30 (ahead of their usual nap schedule there but she was really tired so they put her down early) until about 1:30 and then she just played quietly until the other kids woke up.

they took the kids down to the fellowship hall (basically like a big room they can run around and play... basically it's the playground when the weather isn't good and they can't go outside. Hannah got a little teary when they went down there because it was some place new but as usual it only lasted about a minute and then she was running around.

So she's doing good :)

Only a few hours until she comes home :D

lvpets2002
01-19-2009, 03:18 PM
:) Well today went well.. Now this is just on Mondays right?? Wait till she gets used to this & wants to do this everyday..:D

sparks19
01-19-2009, 03:31 PM
:) Well today went well.. Now this is just on Mondays right?? Wait till she gets used to this & wants to do this everyday..:D

lol yeah just on Mondays.

We couldn't AFFORD to send her everyday lmao Daycare is EXPENSIVE.

Medusa
01-20-2009, 07:58 AM
I was waiting to see how she did before I commented but I had a good feeling that she would do fine. Great pix. :)