PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see Ann Coulter on The View?

Nomilynn
01-16-2009, 01:07 PM
I heard about her appearance and went to YouTube and watched the clip. I must say, I was pretty shocked about some of the stuff she talked about in her new book. I was just wondering what others thought?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGbWSfIL1d4

RICHARD
01-16-2009, 02:12 PM
LOL, all the woman on the view are slobs.

ALL OF THEM.

Baba Wawa should collect her pension and go back to babbling on about things she thinks are relevant.

Whoppi should bathe.

Elizabeth should get some cojones and leave, the stupid punching bag, Joy Behar should increase her hormone therapy and the other gal should get a clue.

Anne Coulter is just a smart arsed "DUDE looks like a lady"-apologies to Aerosmith for that- she's gone to wearing turtle necks to hide the adam's apple! Check it out!;)

AC says all the things that she wants to shock people, She's the stupid nasty woman who stirs the pot at a party, then watches it spill all over the stove, to her delight!:D

Pam
01-16-2009, 03:01 PM
I can't stand The View. I doubt that there would ever be a guest on there that would cause me to watch. I pretty much agree with Richard about Barbara, and Joy Behar is the only other one that I have ever watched back when it first came on. The others are new I guess. :rolleyes: I thought Barbara's interview with Patrick Swayze (not on The View) was terrible. Imagine saying to his wife "have you imagined yet what life will be like when he is gone?" How incredibly insensitive and mean!!! She really needs to get off TV... IMHO.

Sorry, I realize your post was about Ann Coulter and I got way off track.

RICHARD
01-16-2009, 03:04 PM
I thought Barbara's interview with Patrick Swayze (not on The View) was terrible. Imagine saying to his wife "have you imagined yet what life will be like when he is gone?" How incredibly insensitive and mean!!! She really needs to get off TV... IMHO.

INSENSITIVE? MEAN?

That's down right crass and rude.

IT just shows that no matter how long you do a job, you never quite learn to do it right and with panache.

Moron.

Oh did I mention that the show is a henfest?

Pam
01-16-2009, 03:12 PM
INSENSITIVE? MEAN?

That's down right crass and rude.

IT just shows that no matter how long you do a job, you never quite learn to do it right and with panache.

Moron.

Oh did I mention that the show is a henfest?

These women give women a bad name! :p:D

Puckstop31
01-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Gads!!! Ann Coulter... Republican hack....

K9soul
01-16-2009, 03:35 PM
I thought Barbara's interview with Patrick Swayze (not on The View) was terrible. Imagine saying to his wife "have you imagined yet what life will be like when he is gone?" How incredibly insensitive and mean!!!

I don't watch The View, but I saw the interview as well with Patrick and didn't like that question either. I felt like she was trying to drum up some tears and emotion for the viewership. I did enjoy listening to Patrick and his wife though as they spoke about their life and relationship. I remember being really annoyed with some of her questions to Terri Irwin too after Steve died.

lvpets2002
01-16-2009, 03:35 PM
:o Same here = I cannot stand Ann Coulter.. Is she some what a Liberal too??
Gads!!! Ann Coulter... Republican hack....

janelle
01-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Her books are mostly against liberals. Read the titles. She does get shocking and she admits it. Calls it satire if you can appreciate that sort of thing but if a liberal does the same satire against conservatives they get a chuckle in the mainstream media but not Ann so I don't care if she does give liberals the Sharp end of her tongue at times. That would be like 200 to one.

I have ever liked the view from the first and it gets worse each year. Bunch of cackling hens is all I see. One token conservative. They could at least make it even to be fair. I only see snipets of it and that is more than enough.

lizbud
01-16-2009, 04:51 PM
I don't watch the view but saw some bits of her speech,rant or
whatever she does. The woman is evil & a very unhappy women.

jennielynn1970
01-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Good lord, I can't imagine listening to that every day! Do they always talk over each other and be so rude??

Not that I think their questions were wrong, or rude. I don't like the tone of the whole "single mothers" argument. Like they said, what about the single dad's in that whole equation, and why blame the mothers.

I don't like Ann Coulter's performance on this show, and if that's how she normally is, I won't be seeking out anything she has to say either.

Edwina's Secretary
01-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Always remember this about Ann Coulter...she said the widows of 9/11 who had a different opinion than she...are harpies whose husbands probably wanted to divorce them anyway. It is in one of her books.

Nice way to speak of the widows of heroes. A far more horrible thing I don't know if I have ever heard.

She is proof that you can be very pretty, rich, smart, educated and still so full of hate. Yes, I believe she does much of her hatefest to sell her books and make more money.

But she is truely the ultimate Anti-American.

beeniesmom
01-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Errrp, Bleahhhhhh She makes me vomit.

blue
01-16-2009, 07:12 PM
I started to read one of her books once. It was mindless drivel, needless to say I didnt finish it.

joycenalex
01-17-2009, 06:05 AM
QUOTE=RICHARD...Whoppi should bathe.
richard, how do you know she should bathe? do you have a smell-o-vision on your TV?

Nomilynn
01-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Thank you for your replies.

I don't like Walters, but I do have great respect for Whoopie and her accomplishments, and I find that when I do come across this show on TV, Whoopie's comments seem to be far more thought out and educated than the others. I did think that Whoopie was the only one that used some restraint in this particular interview.

I had heard of Coulter in the past but knew nothing of her writing. I'm very glad I have not bothered to pick up one of her books!

Marigold2
01-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Poor Ann is a right wing nut job, judging all and believing it's still 1955 and dad is working 8 to 5 and mom is at home baking cookies.
Life is not like that any more. A family is whomever lives together and loves each other while making a home. Be it two men, two women or a grandfather raising his grandsons. Home like family is what you make of it.
This is America not Communist China. Those kids raised by the stay at home cookie baking mom's of the 50's became the biggest drug users and super rebellious teens this earth has ever produced. They are the generation who produced these crazy teens we have now.
Ann needs to understand that just because she says so, doesn't make it right or even sane.

Twisterdog
01-17-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't watch the view.

I don't read Ann Coulter.

Rude, crass, trashy, IMO.

JenBKR
01-17-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't watch the view.

I don't read Ann Coulter.

Rude, crass, trashy, IMO.

I couldn't have said it better :)

RICHARD
01-17-2009, 08:52 PM
This is America not Communist China. Those kids raised by the stay at home cookie baking mom's of the 50's became the biggest drug users and super rebellious teens this earth has ever produced. .

LOLOL, those teens are the AHs that are running the country now.

I never inhaled, but I smelled coke once!

K9karen
01-17-2009, 11:53 PM
I can't stand The View. I doubt that there would ever be a guest on there that would cause me to watch.

:eek::eek::eek: Not even PAUL MCCARTNEY????

Lady's Human
01-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Those kids raised by the stay at home cookie baking mom's of the 50's became the biggest drug users and super rebellious teens this earth has ever produced. They are the generation who produced these crazy teens we have now.

Excuse me?

The creator of this web site was raised by a "stay at home cookie baking mom", and "these crazy teens we have now" are doing a damned fine job in the armed forces (I use that as an example because of personal experience). Nice generalizations.

Careful about painting with too broad a brush.........you tend to wind up painting yourself as well.

I can't help but think about my dad's comments on drug use in Korea compared to Vietnam. It just got more pub in the '60s than it did before. Drugs are still used, have always been used in this country, and always will be. It has nothing to do with generational issues, beyond people from one generation being overdramatic about how bad the new generation is.

pomtzu
01-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Excuse me?

The creator of this web site was raised by a "stay at home cookie baking mom", and "these crazy teens we have now" are doing a damned fine job in the armed forces (I use that as an example because of personal experience). Nice generalizations.

Careful about painting with too broad a brush.........you tend to wind up painting yourself as well.

Well said. I'm a product of a 50's stay at home cookie baking mom also. I'm proud to say that I never used drugs and was never arrested for anything, and I produced 2 law abiding children, and they in turn have produced darned good kids as well. I don't think it's fair to throw a whole generation in the same pot, just because of a minority of bad eggs. :mad:

pomtzu
01-18-2009, 09:27 AM
but I do have great respect for Whoopie and her accomplishments, and I find that when I do come across this show on TV, Whoopie's comments seem to be far more thought out and educated than the others.

I lost all respect for her.....
Did you happen to watch the first day that Whoopie appeared on The View? She more or less condoned Michael Vick's actions regarding his dog fighting adventures. She implied that this is considered nothing out of the ordinary for "that area of the country". To me that was a slur to the folks in the south, saying that this is acceptable behavior and practice. And she didn't do her homework very well either before opening her mouth, since Michael Vick was from Newport News, VA - and that's hardly considered "the south".

Twisterdog
01-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand ... but I couldn't leave it alone.

EVERY generation has it's share of drug addicts, alcoholics, murderers, etc. I'm sure there were some bad eggs in every generation of Neanderthal society, too. It's how human beings are. The kids raised in the 1950's (my siblings) did not grow up to be any better, or worse, than any other generation. I was raised by a stay-at-home, cookie-baking mom in the 1970's, and I turned out just fine. So did most of my friends who were raised by working moms.

Nomilynn
01-18-2009, 01:33 PM
I lost all respect for her.....
Did you happen to watch the first day that Whoopie appeared on The View? She more or less condoned Michael Vick's actions regarding his dog fighting adventures. She implied that this is considered nothing out of the ordinary for "that area of the country". To me that was a slur to the folks in the south, saying that this is acceptable behavior and practice. And she didn't do her homework very well either before opening her mouth, since Michael Vick was from Newport News, VA - and that's hardly considered "the south".

I didn't know that, but thank you for this info. I am going to look it up.

RICHARD
01-18-2009, 02:02 PM
richard, how do you know she should bathe? do you have a smell-o-vision on your TV?

No I have a mirror in my house, I take a peek and just know that it's time to wash! Whoopi and I just look that way.

RICHARD
01-20-2009, 03:07 PM
I was raised by a stay-at-home, cookie-baking mom in the 1970's, and I turned out just fine. So did most of my friends who were raised by working moms.

My mom made hand made tortillas. Could that be my defect?:eek::confused:;)

kitten645
01-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Goodness I have a hankering foro homemade cookies now. Off to bake! :p
Claudia

elizabethann
01-21-2009, 11:27 AM
I've come to believe that if Ann Coulter were alive during WWII, she would have been a Nazi. I have no respect for her whatsoever.

Lady's Human
01-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Godwin's law rides again!

RICHARD
01-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Godwin's law rides again!

LOL,

Thanks!

Does it apply to this sentence?

And if you disagree with me, then you sir are worse than Hitler!

This comes from the "news" show REDEYE on Fox News!

-------------

The Nazi's would have shot AC because her buffonish statements would have embarassed them.:rolleyes::eek::(