PDA

View Full Version : Dog movies??

Cookiebaker
09-18-2002, 09:01 PM
We just barely finished watching the movie "Michael" w/John Travolta & I loved it because they had the cutest little dog star in it. Anyway, I was wondering what your favorite movie with doggie stars??? Any good suggestions???? :cool:

Aspen and Misty
09-18-2002, 09:04 PM
Homeward Bound & Far From home.

I love both of them! They are my favorite movies!

Nomilynn
09-18-2002, 10:01 PM
I was an extra in the movie "Air Bud: Golden Reciever" (the football one). The movie was filmed in Cloverdale, BC and it was our grade 12 grad year and we had the school fundraising by being extras in the movie. Each person got $40 a day for being there, and the money was only being handed out to an organization (ie. people were not given to individual cheques).

If you want to see me (we actually got a good shot) right after the scene in the final football game and Bud gets hurt, they pan the crowd and then focus on the actresses (we were sitting right there). I'm the blonde with a ponytail (I think my hair is up anyway), and my boyfriend (Lirathal on the boards) is right next to me wearing a black ball cap with a police logo on the front. I'm wearing a black jacket.

And if I look like I'm laughing it's because we didn't actually see the dog, an actor was out on the field "pretending" to be the action but he was hamming it up big time and I had to keep covering my smile with my hands :p

My faves were Homeward Bound and Turner and Hooch :D

Ann
09-19-2002, 04:52 AM
Wow Nomilynn, that's really cool! Did you ever get any calls from Hollywood? ;)

Turner & Hooch is really good, but it bugs me how so many dog movies always have such a sad ending!!!

The Incredible Journey (there's a newer Disney version along with an old one) is pretty good, and so are the White Fang movies and Beethoven.

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-19-2002, 06:08 AM
That's cool Naomi.

I haven't seen any of those Air Bud movies. I liked "Retrievers," an Animal Planet Original. "My Dog Spot" was good. And I absolutely loved "Cats and Dogs!"

delidog
09-19-2002, 06:54 AM
go rent "Fluke!!!"...the bestest doggie movie!!!!

ParNone
09-19-2002, 08:24 AM
My all time fave is Wizard of Oz. Hard to beat the singing of
Judy Garland and the cuteness of Toto.

C.C.'s Mom
09-19-2002, 08:46 AM
I like Air Bud too. Have to admit (blush blush) that I only watched Fluke because of Eric Stolz.

I like Napoleon, a movie about a brave Golden Retriever pup that discovers the world of the wild dogs.

wolf_Q
09-19-2002, 10:43 AM
Snow Dogs! :D Huskies, yay! I just watched the second Homeward Bound a couple of days ago. I have both of them, they are so cute! It's obviously a different dog that plays Chance in the second one though! I'm not sure about Shadow and Sassy, I'd have to watch the first one again. I like the Whitefang movies also. Oh has anyone seen The Journey of Natty Gann? (sp?) There's a really cool wolf hybrid in it, and it's a cute show. I also have all 3 of the 101 Dalmatian movies, I think they are cute. I'm not always a fan of corny movies, but hey, if they have dogs in it, I'm a sucker!! Cats and Dogs was pretty cheesy, but I still really liked it! :)

C.C.'s Mom, I've got to rent that Napoleon movie sometime. I remember seeing the cover of it, and it looked cute!

anna_66
09-19-2002, 02:05 PM
Snow Dogs! Does that surprise you?!
I also loved the movie See Spot Run, it was soooo funny!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-19-2002, 02:08 PM
I also recently watched a movie on Lifetime called "A Walk In The Park" (I think). It was very cute! Lots of doggies!

Aspen and Misty
09-19-2002, 02:33 PM
DoggiesAreTheBest

I also watched that movie. It was so good! I loved how he said finish and the German Shepherd went silent and layed down. It was very cool. The Aussie in it was adorable I must admit! I loved all the dog though! It was a good movie, expesially if you like romance movies, its romace between people and the dog are so cute! So if you love dogs and Romance go see the movie :D

Ash

Pam
09-19-2002, 02:41 PM
OTIS AND MILO. IT IS A MOVIE ABOUT THE ADVENTURES OF AN ORANGE KITTEN (MILO) AND A PUG (OTIS). I ALSO LOVED 'AS GOOD AS IT GETS' WITH JACK NICHOLSON AND THE CUTE LITTLE BRUSSELS GRIFFON. (sp?)

lovemymaltese
09-19-2002, 03:01 PM
I like the dog from the Frazier show and the dog from Beethoven movies.

ChrisH
09-19-2002, 04:14 PM
Don`t think it counts because he`s not a `real` dog, but the Scooby Movie is the funniest for me! :D

primabella
09-19-2002, 05:46 PM
i think my love of dogs developped after having watched HOMEWARD BOUND. it was the cutest movie! i recently saw BEST IN SHOW which i find is very funny. OLIVER'S COMPANY is cute and i liked SNOWDOGS as well. :) actually, a few days ago, they were showing a mocie called A DOG'S TALE. it was cute!:D

Nomilynn
09-19-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Pam
OTIS AND MILO. IT IS A MOVIE ABOUT THE ADVENTURES OF AN ORANGE KITTEN (MILO) AND A PUG (OTIS).

I forgot about that.. thats a GREAT movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that one! :D :D

delidog
09-19-2002, 09:25 PM
oh, theres' one that i almost forgot...rent "Hambone and Hillie!!"
bit of a tearjerker,but...still a great doggie movie!!!
next to FLUKE!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-20-2002, 06:13 AM
Li, Best In Show is another one of my favorites!! My mother and I rented it last summer and mom kept saying: You and Andrew and Drake should be in this movie!

lovemymaltese
09-20-2002, 12:32 PM
I loved that movie Otis and Milo, completely forgot about that one.

C.C.'s Mom
09-21-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by lovemymaltese
I loved that movie Otis and Milo, completely forgot about that one.

Is that where kitten and pup are lost in a wood? And the kitten sleeps with deers and pigs? And in the end they meet again and they both have a family and their own babies?

If so, than I loved it. I saw it in German and it had a very different title.

Cookiebaker
09-21-2002, 12:15 PM
Thanks so much for the replies! I have seen a couple of those mentioned (Turner & Hooch and The truth about Cats & Dogs), but a bunch that I haven't. So I am going to write them all down, and check them out!! I just *Love* dog movies!! :D

Rachel
09-21-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
Li, Best In Show is another one of my favorites!! My mother and I rented it last summer and mom kept saying: You and Andrew and Drake should be in this movie!

That is soooo funny Souraya. I think my husband thought the same thing about me. My favorite dog movie is an old, old one...Lassie Come Home. I've seen it many times and I still can't watch it without crying.

primabella
09-21-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest

lol...it's a great movie.:) maybe because it's so simple and features the best stars in hollywood...dogs. ;)

Nomilynn
09-21-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by C.C.'s Mom

Is that where kitten and pup are lost in a wood? And the kitten sleeps with deers and pigs? And in the end they meet again and they both have a family and their own babies?

If so, than I loved it. I saw it in German and it had a very different title.

Yes that's the one :D

Dakota's Mommy
09-24-2002, 08:51 AM
I know they are obvious ones, but I still love 101 Dalmations, 102 Dalmations, Beethoven, Cats & Dogs, and Snow Dogs. They are just so cute. There are plenty more movies with animals that I love and would like to have, but I won't go on and on listing all of them. I know too many movies so I won't bore everybody! Those are just some that I remember off the top of my head!

ellensy
09-24-2002, 11:59 AM
i love......

Beethoven (all Beethoven movies)
My Dog Skip
Homeward Bound
K-911
Shiloh season
AirBud movies
101 & 102 Dalmatians
Snow Dogs
See Spot Run! [hilarious!]