PDA

View Full Version : Blue Boy

Lee927
01-15-2009, 02:04 AM
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=2153592&imageID=53927906&MyToken=1cdbd848-1043-4097-8fa9-a93679647acaI think everyone should know Blue,because he's such a testament to happiness.
He came to us because his legs were "slammed" in a door by unattended chidren.They didn't realize what they had done,of course,but his rear legs had been crushed.
His rear legs soon atrophied,and he used his fronts to move.He can't use a litter box,and will soil himself if we don't "express" his bowels.
For the sake of sanitation and risk of infection,his rear legs were amputated.
Yet,I recall seeing him the first day after the amputation,
and he was as happy as ever,scooting around.
He adapted to his situation so well,that after many attempts to get him used to an "ambulatory device",like a kitty wheel chair,we just let him be.
He loves the company of kittens,and they love to play with his "nubs".
He found a home with a lovely man,that constructed ramps for him to crawl up,and slide down.
I've never seen this cat depressed.He is truly an inspiration.

CultureJunky
01-15-2009, 10:54 AM
He sounds so wonderful, but I can't see the picture?! Is it my PC or is there something wrong with the picture that's posted? I'd love to see this amazing boy!

lvpets2002
01-15-2009, 11:36 AM
:love: Such A Very Heart Warming Story to read about Blue Boy.. Awee I wish we could see pics.. I just know he is so Sweet & Adorable.. Thanks for sharing his story..

Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pics..

GILL
01-15-2009, 12:21 PM
I am so glade that he found a great home.
When we got Dimetri His rear leg had been amputated after a run in with a car. I find it amazing that they don't even know that there's a problem. Our guy runs and rough houses with the bunch. The only difference is that he uses his front paws to climb. I love his braking method, run then drop the rear and drag. He is one of the happiest purr machines we have.
The only handicaps are ones we impose.