PDA

View Full Version : Ajax's first day at doggy class

NicoleLJ
01-14-2009, 01:52 PM
First of all it was a big class and all purebreds which surprised me. I was looking forward to some mixes. There was even a GSD there that was not to friendly that was bigger then Ajax. He was huge. And Ajax is 90LBS with no fat on him. It was mainly younger puppies about 6-8 months with only about 5 of us old farts we called ourselves with dogs almost 18 months.

I hate to brag but in most was Ajax was the star. During all the discussions when we were all sitting on chairs beside each other Ajax would be the only one in a down stay looking at the teacher. The rest were busy playing, getting tangled, barking or getting sick. Yup one kept throwing up. He was the cutest bull dog you ever saw. We then worked on sit(which Ajax already knows by hand command and by voice) so we worked on this with distractions and also for length of time. He did very well even when the bull dog thought his tail was a chew toy.

Then we did downs. Agian Ajax know this by hand commands and voice so we did the same and he did just as well.

Then we worked on stand. This was a newer one to Ajax. I had worked on it with him just not as much. He caught on quickly, and soon I had him doing it on both hand commands and voice.

The teacher then had us sit and taught us about leave it. Ajax knows this one so I was not worry about it. Then it was play time. FOr 15 minutes the dogs got to run loose together and play. THis was a good test for Ajax to see just how bonded to me he was. He went and played for a few minutes or checked something out and then would return to me and sit by me for a few minutes. I would reward him and then send him back out to play and he would do it all over. This is so good. THe urge to always want to come back and be with me or check on me is so important in his training. I can mould that later for many other things.. All in all it was a great class. I can't wait till next week.

Husky_mom
01-14-2009, 02:03 PM
GO AJAX!!... what a nice day you all had!!...

congrats to both

anna_66
01-14-2009, 02:20 PM
It's always nice to be ahead of the game!

I'm glad to hear that Ajax did such a great job. I look forward to hearing how he does in the upcoming classes.