PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #300- A Toga Party!

RICHARD
01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
I almost typed TOGO party!:rolleyes:

Welcome to the Three Hundredth Edition of Thursday's! I never thought we'd keep it going THIS long...Isn't that like 10 months worth of Sundays?

Lame joke........Anyway, Strip the sheets off the bed, grab some olive branches and I'll twist up some head wear-we are off!

I did find a theme drink for the day!

The Trojan Horse!
1/2 pint Guinness® stout
1/2 pint Coca-Cola®
Mix coke and guinness in a pint glass.

Weird, but hey, it fits the bill?:D

I know that everyone, almost everyone, dies at the end of the movie, 300!
But, we'll do this in a most responsible way!

A sequel!

Leonidas fakes his death in order to get back to his foxy queen, they move to the Island of Crete, open up a Mediterranean Fish Restaurant and live happily ever after. Xerxes goes for cosmetic surgery and loses his bid for world domination because no one like scarred wanna-be gods. He goes back to Perisa and works in his dad's sand sculpture business.

The End!

or DONE?:eek::)

Karen
01-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Hee hee - never knew there was a drink named after a pretend horsie! The things one learns from Pet Talk, eh?

Cold and snowy here, I hate to sound repetitive, but a nice hot chocolate, please, and I'll share some of the mini marshmallows with Lady. Wonder if the orange kitty wants to play with some - they kinda bounce ...

slick
01-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Richard, you look devine in a sheet! :D Wait a minute....are you dressing "commando"???:eek::eek::eek:

I've never heard of the movie 300 but hey, I'll participate anyway. Sounds like phun! One DOTD please, I'm in the mood to try anything.

RICHARD
01-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Hee hee - never knew there was a drink named after a pretend horsie! The things one learns from Pet Talk, eh?

Cold and snowy here, I hate to sound repetitive, but a nice hot chocolate, please, and I'll share some of the mini marshmallows with Lady. Wonder if the orange kitty wants to play with some - they kinda bounce ...

We have been obsessing with horses lately?:D

It's hot dry and windy out here.....not good at all! I'd trade for a foot or two!

One Hot Choco, with the rainbow colored mini-mallows? DONE!

Cinder & Smoke
01-14-2009, 01:55 PM
... I'll share some of the mini marshmallows with Lady.
Wonder if the orange kitty wants to play with some - they kinda bounce ...

:eek:

When marshmellows "kinda bounce" ... they need a LONG swim inna hot drink;
or stuck onna stick in the fire!

:p

RICHARD
01-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Richard, you look devine in a sheet! :D Wait a minute....are you dressing "commando"???:eek::eek::eek:

I've never heard of the movie 300 but hey, I'll participate anyway. Sounds like phun! One DOTD please, I'm in the mood to try anything.

Ah....My underwear is as "Spartan" as it comes!:rolleyes:

I look like Divine?:eek::confused:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_(Glen_Milstead)

One Trojan Horse!

DONE!

C&S,

I get the hint!

I'll start the fireplace up!:D

DONE!

wolflady
01-14-2009, 03:09 PM
*snicker* count me in! I'll take one of those Trojan Horse drinks and say "Unless I miss my guess, we're in for one wild night!!" :p

RICHARD
01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Put it this way?

I ain't dancing on no bartop in this getup!

WL,
One wild night and a Trojan Horse?

DONE!

davidpizzica
01-14-2009, 03:44 PM
RICHARD, if you get up and dance on the bar, I'll join you! After a couple of trojan horses anything can happen! No Orc, you can't have my toga for a table cloth.

pomtzu
01-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Put it this way?

I ain't dancing on no bartop in this getup!

And if you're as smart as I think you are, you'd better be darn careful lighting the fire in that getup too!
Maybe that Spartan underwear will protect "whatever"........... :D

Medusa
01-14-2009, 04:07 PM
I need something a little stronger than my usual hot chocolate tonight. May I please have a decaf coffee w/Bailey's? I've turned the heat up to 74, I'm wearing two sweaters, I'm sitting on a heating pad next to the fireplace w/a roaring fire that melted the glass on my fireplace screen and I'm still freezing! Every year I say this is my last year for Ohio winters and yet here I am. Make that a double. Please.

Randi
01-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Gosh, seems it's a lot warmer up here in the North. :p I'll try a sip of the DOTD, and if I don't like it, can you give me a Westmalle, please - that should make me go to sleep! :D

RICHARD
01-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Gosh, seems it's a lot warmer up here in the North. :p I'll try a sip of the DOTD, and if I don't like it, can you give me a Westmalle, please - that should make me go to sleep! :D

A DOTD and a Westmalle! And a soft pillow!:D
DONE!

Medusa,

Just don't burn the house down? I melted the crate in my FP and I cannot imagine being THAT cold-I heard it was going to get -50 in some spots!
Grab a kitty and keep em close!

One double decaf, with a giant squirt of Bailey's? DONE!

Pom,

LOL- Just for that.....Did you pay your membership fee?;)

David,
I'll get the Orc a table cloth from the Lost and Found!

We run the risk of being shut down it we violate the town's nudity laws!

One TH and a table cloth!

DONE!:)

lvpets2002
01-14-2009, 04:51 PM
:) Ok I found my Toga Outfit.. For once I am going to come as a Greek Goddess.. Now I have to get Orc in his.. Wait a minute Orc is a orc so he has his Greeks on.. Oh wells Richard gives me one of those T Horseeee drinks.. Make it a double = its been a hard day here at work..:p

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/6498_1.jpg

Medusa
01-14-2009, 04:58 PM
I heard it was going to get -50 in some spots!

Yes, in MN but here it's only going down to -10. A heat wave!

RICHARD
01-14-2009, 06:57 PM
:) Ok I found my Toga Outfit.. For once I am going to come as a Greek Goddess.. Now I have to get Orc in his.. Wait a minute Orc is a orc so he has his Greeks on.. Oh wells Richard gives me one of those T Horseeee drinks.. Make it a double = its been a hard day here at work..:p

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/6498_1.jpg

LOL, This is going to be a good week.

A Double T Horse......I should look into some Greek food?

DONE!

Medusa,

-10? Still, my bones hurt just thinking about it.

Lady's Human
01-14-2009, 07:04 PM
No dancing on the bar. Last time I was involved in that we were banned from the place for a week!

I'll try a Trojan Horse, but just one.

Lady, No, you CANNOT have that whole bag of marshmallows.....I don't care WHAT drugs you're on.

Just make sure Orc keeps his feet on the floor and not the bar, okay?

RICHARD
01-14-2009, 07:57 PM
No dancing on the bar. Last time I was involved in that we were banned from the place for a week!

I'll try a Trojan Horse, but just one.

About time SOMEONE took responsibility for the theme this week!;)

Lady, come here.......Your dad is right, just a few!

And a TH for the man!

DONE!

-------------

I have to toss this one out! The movie, 300 was the story about a group of Spartans, Arcadians and other men who fought a battle at Thermopylae against thousands of invaders and their leader Xerxes, that came from Persia (Modern Day Iran). Leonidas, the king of Sparta, held the Perisan army off for a while, but long enough to mess up Xerxes plan to get to Sparta and take over.

In one scene, the commanders of each army are trying to 'dog' each other out.

The Persian says to the Spartan leader, "Our arrows will blot out the sun!"

The Spartan shoots back, "Then we will fight in the shade!":eek:

So...This week's motto is?

"We will party in the shade!"

I know, shut up and bartend!!!;)

cassiesmom
01-14-2009, 08:12 PM
The only way I can wear a toga on a night like this is with lots of layers underneath it! May I have coffee, please, or decaf- whatever is brewing or I can start a pot.

Karen
01-14-2009, 08:22 PM
There's always coffee brewing in here - I don't even drink the stuff, but was born and raised in a Swedish* household - to get a pot of coffee going as soon as I got up if one wasn't already put on by Ma! Love the smell of the stuff, just don't drink it but here at Thursday's there's always coffee ready.

*Mind you, we are of many nationalities and ethnicities, but as far as coffee goes, it was Swede!

RICHARD
01-14-2009, 08:32 PM
The only way I can wear a toga on a night like this is with lots of layers underneath it! May I have coffee, please, or decaf- whatever is brewing or I can start a pot.

I have to laugh....The mental photograph on this is a toga, and two thermal underwear clad legs underneath?:eek:

Cafe?

DONE!

Karen,

That was just too SWEDE!

(had to do it!);)

Medusa
01-14-2009, 08:35 PM
-10? Still, my bones hurt just thinking about it.

Exactly. So a toga won't cut it around here. A Nanook parka maybe. :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
01-14-2009, 08:45 PM
We had one nut show up to formation at Ft Drum naked in -20 degree weather.....He didn't even have a toga on. Just flip-flops!

RICHARD
01-14-2009, 09:25 PM
We had one nut show up to formation at Ft Drum naked in -20 degree weather.....

Frost bite took the other nut?:D

Sounds like a Cah Lee fuh Nee Ahn!:eek:

MEdusa,

You may have to wrestle him for it!:eek::p:cool:

Lady's Human
01-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Worse than a cal if for nee un.

He was an Ex-ranger. Evidently they don't re-issue their brains when they get off of ranger duty!:D

Cinder & Smoke
01-14-2009, 10:08 PM
We had one nut show up to formation at Ft Drum naked in -20 degree weather ...
He didn't even have a toga on. Just flip-flops!

Frost bite took the other nut? :D

>snikker<

:D

gini
01-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Hi guys - thought I would show my face - no costume - just a great thirst for something extra strong....................

Lady's Human
01-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Extra strong? How's about a Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster?

Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol' Janx Spirit.
Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V.
Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it.
Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qalactin Hypermint extract.
Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger.
Sprinkle Zamphuor.
Add an olive.
Drink . . . but . . . very carefully . . .

"Like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick."

Thanks to Douglas Adams.

RICHARD
01-14-2009, 11:46 PM

Sprinkle Zamphuor.

Wasn't Zamphuor the pan flute guy on T.V.?:eek::confused:

I'll pour the Ginster a Ketel One shot as a backup?;)

Cinder & Smoke
01-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi guys - just a great thirst for something extra strong....................

"Like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick."

:p

Or, ya could just have A Shot anna Beer, and not worry where your Brains went!

Lady's Human
01-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Or, ya could just have A Shot anna Beer, and not worry where your Brains went!

Why do you think we were banned from that bar for a week!

DJFyrewolf36
01-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Hi guys just popping in for a drink...

Life is too complecated...sigh. I need a hug...lol

Lady's Human
01-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Hugs are always in stock in this bar.

{{{{DJ}}}

RICHARD
01-15-2009, 01:16 AM
DJ,

You ain't alone, me gots a world of wonder and an ocean to cross to get there.

You don't have enough time to worry, instead get down to counting your blessings!:D

One Trojan Horse!

---------------

I got the wrong Zamfir!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wv3Ya9nskA

This guy is a hoot. About 20 years ago, you could stay up late at night and get a commercial-this was before infomercials- of this guy selling pan flute music.

Some of the stuff was really creepy sounding and for some reason I equate it to a satyr running around and buggin people with his music.

So since a satyr is kinda from the same era/religious kinda time, Should we let him stay?

---------

Just thought of something, Is the Orc bartending tonight? He's the only one to toss a brick of gold!

DON----I mean DUCK!

smokey the elder
01-15-2009, 07:35 AM
"It's not going to be an orgy...it's a toga party!"... Boone, from Animal House

LOL at the image of a toga and Under Armour(TM). It's wicked cold (well, not by MN standards, but still..) and snowing. I have some REAL Kona beans (no blend!) that may remind coffee imbibers of a much warmer place. "Secret ingredients" optional.

pomtzu
01-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Pom,

LOL- Just for that.....Did you pay your membership fee?;)

Absolutely - with a corny church joke if I recall correctly.

You don't think I'd crash a Toga party otherwise, do you??? :p

DJFyrewolf36
01-15-2009, 08:00 AM
I count my blessings every day :D

I wouldnt mind another drink tho...and something to calm down these cats. Its 6 am, and they are of course bouncing around RIGHT before I decide to go to bed :rolleyes:

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi guys,
Sorry I'm late. It was hard to wrap the toga around all the thermal layers. It's cold and sunny? here. Making some homemade bread and beef stew for tonight. Should hit the spot. I'll have a TH, I'm not drivin' anywhere.

lvpets2002
01-15-2009, 09:38 AM
:) I as well will bring a couple of Greek Dishes.. We could put the food around the bar like a buffett..

Souvlaki Plate

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/230px-Souvlaki-plate.jpg

Dolmathes stuffed grapevine leaves

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/200px-Armeniadoma.jpg

smokey the elder
01-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Yum! Where's a replicator when you need one?:D I love Greek food.

Killearn Kitties
01-15-2009, 11:49 AM
This lovely Greek buffet is making me feel it's summer! And me here in my thermal togo too. :D I might take a chilled retsina, just to complete the atmosphere.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-15-2009, 01:26 PM
No toga for me! It's only 9 degrees! I'll stick to my flannel longjohns for now.

I would love a hot chocolate with tons of marshmallows though. :)

RICHARD
01-15-2009, 02:37 PM
No toga for me! It's only 9 degrees! I'll stick to my flannel longjohns for now.

I would love a hot chocolate with tons of marshmallows though. :)

A choco and 2,000 pounds of marshmallows?

DONE!

KK,
One chilled retsina and a fork?

DONE!

STE,

Under Armour! Love the visual!

Kona and secret ingredients?

DONE!

LP,

Take the grape leaves away! I'll lick the plate if if comes down to it!

Thanks for the other visual!

DONE!

LOH,

One TH and help with that stew? I slice, dice and juice!:cool:

Done!

DJ,

One TH and a kick in the pants we need when we are feeling low?

DONE!

cassiesmom
01-15-2009, 04:57 PM
I have to laugh....The mental photograph on this is a toga, and two thermal underwear clad legs underneath?:eek:

Precisely. They're actually pink thermals. Don't forget the ragg wool socks... it's -8F here in Chicago today.

RedHedd
01-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Toga and sandals are perfect for the weather we're having. Sorry, everyone - it's been sunny and 70's here in NorCal :cool:

I'll have an iced tea to go please :)

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the help with the stew Richard and here's the bread. Hey who's got Orc's remote I think we need some more wood on the fire. And I thought it was cold here in NY. Brrrrrr! Wow!

RICHARD
01-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the help with the stew Richard and here's the bread. Hey who's got Orc's remote I think we need some more wood on the fire. And I thought it was cold here in NY. Brrrrrr! Wow!

Thanks! OH OH! Let me get some butter for the bread!

Let me look thru the couch cushions before we bother David?

DONE!

Redd,
Got the tiedye toga and Birkies on?

On Ice Tea, to go!

DONE!

CM,

I kinda do have ESP!;)

More wood on the fire?

DONE!:D

blue
01-15-2009, 09:12 PM
I could really go for an Irish Carbomb right now.

And no more wood on the fire, it Tshirt and sandle weather here. It went from -26 on sunday to 41 here today.

RICHARD
01-16-2009, 12:13 AM

And no more wood on the fire, it Tshirt and sandle weather here. It went from -26 on sunday to 41 here today.

Would you like that with C4 or regular dynamite?:cool:

Irish Car Bomb!
12 oz Mickey's® malt liquor
1 1/2 oz Bailey's® Caramel Irish cream liqueur

Pour a shot of bailey's caramel irish cream and have a glass or cup of mickey's ready. Drop the shot into cup and drink up!...

DONE!

Hey,
I love the "Lord of War", great flick!

blue
01-16-2009, 12:16 AM
The bestest Carbombs are made with Guinness, not the Mickeys.

Dont you mean War Lord?

Karen
01-16-2009, 12:18 AM

So it is warmer there than here - that's a switch! :) The furnace is humming away in the basement, its about nothin' outside here!

The juncos were all puffed up to half again their bulk in the back yard today.

Makes staying inside seem like a good idea. And some good hot chocolate, please!

blue
01-16-2009, 12:21 AM
What is a

juncos?

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-16-2009, 08:00 AM
I think this is what Karen is talking about blue:

widespread and common small sparrow, the Dark-eyed Junco is most familiar as a winter visitor to bird feeders. It comes in several distinctly different looking forms, but all are readily identified as "juncos" by their plain patterning, dark hood, and white outer tail feathers.

speaking of hot chocolate, I just made a fresh batch and restocked the marshmallows. So here you go Karen.

as Richard would say DONE!

RICHARD
01-16-2009, 09:15 AM
And speaking of birds?

I was awakened by the sound of the White coated Southern California sparrow
watcher, meowing loudly. He needs to get his fill of bird watching!

Let me scare up some breakfast and coffee or hot water for some choco?

DONE!;)

And anyone can say DONE around here!

davidpizzica
01-16-2009, 09:42 AM
And speaking of birds?

I was awakened by the sound of the White coated Southern California sparrow
watcher, meowing loudly. He needs to get his fill of bird watching!

Let me scare up some breakfast and coffee or hot water for some choco?

DONE!;)

And anyone can say DONE around here!

RICHARD, how about a BIG cup of coffee with some Bailey's in it. Right now in "ice" burgh it's -4 degrees with a wind chill of -22 degrees! I found Orc's remote! It was tucked down in the chair cushions again.

lvpets2002
01-16-2009, 10:30 AM
:eek: -22 degrees.. Thats like Brrrr Cold.. Come Orc lets be getting some more firewood for get this fire a going.. Orc Orc now why do you think you need those marshmellows first?? Oppss Guffss == David can you help with cleaning the remote again.. Orc melted some mellowss with the remote in his hand.. A mellow remote Again..:p:D
RICHARD, how about a BIG cup of coffee with some Bailey's in it. Right now in "ice" burgh it's -4 degrees with a wind chill of -22 degrees! I found Orc's remote! It was tucked down in the chair cushions again.

RedHedd
01-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Redd,
Got the tiedye toga and Birkies on?

I'm more a Manolo gal than Birkenstock ;)

Cuppa coffee this morning and an extra-dark pair of sunglasses - it's blaringly sunny (and warm again) here in NorCal :cool:

davidpizzica
01-16-2009, 12:02 PM
:eek: -22 degrees.. Thats like Brrrr Cold.. Come Orc lets be getting some more firewood for get this fire a going.. Orc Orc now why do you think you need those marshmellows first?? Oppss Guffss == David can you help with cleaning the remote again.. Orc melted some mellowss with the remote in his hand.. A mellow remote Again..:p:D

Yep, I'll clean up ole messy, here. This poor remote has been dunked into every type of mess I can think of! We might have to splurge on a new one!

RICHARD
01-16-2009, 03:57 PM
I found Orc's remote! It was tucked down in the chair cushions again.

See, Told you!

Coffee and Bailey's?

DONE!

Hey, If Pitt and Philly make it into the SuperBowl will your head explode?:eek:

LP,
You and that ORC are way too much!;)

Redd,

I only know Birkies. Manolo would make me more fashion saavy than I think I am?

One cup and I hate to say this, It has been magnificent outdoors lately.

DONE!

davidpizzica
01-16-2009, 04:11 PM
RICHARD, the mayor of Pittsburgh is Luke RAVENstahl. So for the game with the Ravens on sunday, he changed his name to Luke STEELERstahl!

Karen
01-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Redd,

I only know Birkies. Manolo would make me more fashion saavy than I think I am?!

Um, Richard, Manolo Blahnik not only makes only women's shoes, they all have thin and high heels - AND he only makes them up to women's size 11.

So even if you tried, you likely could not wear them.

I certainly couldn't - I cannot walk in spike heels whatsoever, as my balance is not stellar and I roll my feet to the outside ...

Me, I've got my snow boots - thick soles with good traction. I saw a high school wannabe fashionista the other day wobbling down the sidewalk on her thin spike heels - shivering as she chatted on her cell and tried to avoid any contact with snow ... kinda tough this time of year hereabouts!

Redd, you can have all the Manolos, okay? With my blessing!

Meanwhile, yes, blue, juncos are little black birdies that are white underneath - so they look like they have been sitting in the snow too long! I guess you don't have them up your way? In this weather they are very active eating and hopping about to stay warm. They're on the other end of the scale, size-wise, from the turkey who leaves tracks in our snow.

Oh, and some nice warm chai, please, bartender?

RICHARD
01-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Um, Richard, Manolo Blahnik not only makes only women's shoes, they all have thin and high heels - AND he only makes them up to women's size 11.

Oh, and some nice warm chai, please, bartender?

That's why you cannnot trust a man in a red white and blue striped toga wearing "Spartan" undies to know anything about fashion!

One warm chai?

DONE!

DJFyrewolf36
01-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Anyone have a cure for a chest cold? I hate having a cough...especially in foggy wet weather. I could use a hot cup of soup...

Karen
01-17-2009, 11:30 PM
Get some eucalyptus - most florists shops have it as it is considered "decorative and pretty" - and crumble it over a bowl of very hot water, them breathe the steam.

Drink tea with lemon and honey - anything with steam will help loosen chest congestion, but the eucalyptus is what the nurse at my college recommended when I was close to pneumonia all those years ago. She gave me some in a film canister - can you tell I went to Art School?

zippy-kat
01-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Anyone have a cure for a chest cold? I hate having a cough...especially in foggy wet weather. I could use a hot cup of soup...

I'm right there with ya. Whiskey/lemon/honey, tea, coffee, milkshake... nothing is soothing this throat or cough! Finally resorted to prescription cough syrup and even that isn't helping so much.

Barkeep, any hot 'n sour soup? I tend to crave that when I get a cold.

Karen
01-17-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm right there with ya. Whiskey/lemon/honey, tea, coffee, milkshake... nothing is soothing this throat or cough! Finally resorted to prescription cough syrup and even that isn't helping so much.

Barkeep, any hot 'n sour soup? I tend to crave that when I get a cold.

Zip, nothing with dairy in it is going to help. Diary - milk, cream, etc. - actually promotes mucus build-up. Stick to clear fluids, okay?

Bartender, give me a hand, and I bet we can mix up a large vat of chicken soup - good for what ails ya - and good even if nothing ails ya. I miss it in real life, as I am allergic to the celery and carrots, but here at Thursdays, there are no allergens!

Cinder & Smoke
01-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Zip, nothing with dairy in it is going to help.
Diary - milk, cream, etc. - actually promotes mucus build-up.
Stick to clear fluids, okay?

Who'da thunk it!?

So, are *Whiskey* and *Beer* considered "clear" enuff to be OK as kold & koff fighters?

Zipp ~
Try *tippin* da Whiskey Jug a lil steeper and longer ... your last batch of koff sauce
mitta been a lil 'light' onna active ingreedient! :p

FEEL BETTER, Kidz!!

/s/ Doc Phred

;)

DJFyrewolf36
01-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks Phred! Its been foggy as all get out, and I always feel worse out in it. Not sure if its because I feel like a slightly damp washcloth out in it or what but I sure can't wait for my favorite season...summer! I would rather be in 120 degree heat than this garbage...

I know I know, I'm a wuss lol. I don't know how you guys in below zero temps do it year after year!

RICHARD
01-18-2009, 10:19 PM

Karen's idea is good, also take a dollop of Vicks and float it in a bowl of hot water!

Karen,

Film canister, Uh, Might Liberal Arts be a clue?

Zippy,

One hot and sour! Lol, I used to do Top Ramen with chili flakes or horse radish for a temp clearing up!

DONE?

Karen.

What is it with all of you?

I bought some soup beans today and was planning on making a chicken/bean soup. I hate it when you read my mind!:D

DONE!

C&S,

LOL, I always take a few shots when I get sick....If I am going to wake up feeling like poop, may as well self medicate!:D

DONE!

Karen
01-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Karen's idea is good, also take a dollop of Vicks and float it in a bowl of hot water!

Karen,

Film canister, Uh, Might Liberal Arts be a clue?

Hey, I graduated from The Massachusetts College of Art, which has now been renamed to the Massachusetts College of Art and Design.

So, if you equate Massachusetts with Liberal, then I've got the "Arts" part down!

Karen.
What is it with all of you?

I bought some soup beans today and was planning on making a chicken/bean soup. I hate it when you read my mind!:D

Hee hee - I knew you would help! ;) Hey, if you don't want your mind read, don't leave it open! :p

Killearn Kitties
01-19-2009, 10:57 AM
*sniff sniff* I'll sit over by the infected ones. Don't come close if you don't want the cold. I would just love a big bowl of that chicken soup. Don't worry, I'll help myself. By the time Richard teeters over here in those heels, it will be cold. ;)

Medusa
01-19-2009, 11:24 AM
*sniff sniff* I'll sit over by the infected ones. Don't come close if you don't want the cold. I would just love a big bowl of that chicken soup. Don't worry, I'll help myself. By the time Richard teeters over here in those heels, it will be cold. ;)

Oh, so sorry that you've got the snuffalupagusses. Chicken soup is one of my specialties but if I come over there, it's going to be in thermal underwear, three sweaters, heavy boots and a quilted parka. I appear alien but I come bearing gifts. ;)

RICHARD
01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh, so sorry that you've got the snuffalupagusses. Chicken soup is one of my specialties but if I come over there, it's going to be in thermal underwear, three sweaters, heavy boots and a quilted parka. I appear alien but I come bearing gifts. ;)

Dang, you all sit down and I'll serve...

Chickie soup for the Chickie babes!

DONE!

KK,
For our office parties I did dress as a woman, I was Cher to a Sonny, who was 4'11" and more of a woman than I could ever be, we did "I Got You Babe" and I got to throw her over my shoulder as we walked out of the room.

In heels, no! Plus, I was pretty lubricated at the time.:eek::rolleyes::D

Karen,

Soup's ON!!!!

DONE!

lvpets2002
01-19-2009, 03:20 PM
:eek::eek: What What No No Video of This.. Darn Darn :p

For our office parties I did dress as a woman, I was Cher to a Sonny, who was 4'11" and more of a woman than I could ever be, we did "I Got You Babe" and I got to throw her over my shoulder as we walked out of the room.

In heels, no! Plus, I was pretty lubricated at the time.:eek::rolleyes::D

Cinder & Smoke
01-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Dang, you all sit down and I'll serve...

Chickie soup for the Chickie babes!

DONE!

Hey Cookie ~

Can you wrap a couple gallon bowls of Chickie Soup to GO?
And do we have any stamps for postage?

Need a CARE package for Keegan's MOM - Miz Staci is purdy far UNder the Weather
over in western O HI Ho ... stayin home frum werk today -
feelin kinda *Krummie* ... and NOT a happie kampur! :(

Think her sum Happie Thoughts and Get Well {{{Hugs}}}!

;)

RICHARD
01-19-2009, 05:16 PM
No wonder they ask me about mailing liquids at the post office!

Two gallons, FEDEX?

DONE!

LP,

That and an appearance as a lusty, Hawaiian goddess on a dating show are lost to the annal of time. Only to be remembered by those in attendance and the stories that circulated afterwards.

And I was DANG GOOD, TOO!

Dumb, I mean DONE!:D