PDA

View Full Version : Question for Lady Edwina

cassiesmom
01-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Dear Lady Edwina,

What did you think of the actresses' and actors' fashions at the Golden Globe Awards?

I thought that Kate Winslet looked beautiful. I was a little confused by Drew Barrymore's big hair, though.

Since you are our resident fashion guru I would be most interested in your opinion.

Thank you,
Elyse

catmandu
01-14-2009, 10:32 AM
MY DEAREST HH LADY EDWINA ROSE:love::love:, YOU ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD:love::love:, AND IF YOU TOOK YOUR RIGHTFUL PLACE ON THE CAT WALK:):), THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD RECOGNIZE YOUR SHEER BEAUTY, AS I YOUR OBEDIENT SERVANT DO.:love::love:
YOUR TRUE LOVE, YOUR LOVE , THE SINGING CANADAIN CAT
JUKE JOINT JOSEPH :love:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1879.jpg

Edwina's Secretary
01-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Darling JJJ3...pass me some milk...I'm about to dish!

My favorite dresses...Kate Winslet - can you say elegant? classy? fabulous? all of that and more but please...fix that bit of hair that keeps falling in your eyes when you are trying to read your notes? Thanks sweetie!

I would :love::love::love: that collar around Beyonce's neck...or the one Eva Mendes wore with that stunning white gown! Either would look purrfect on me!

Cameron Diaz was wearing my favorite color. How can you go wrong with pink???

And Tina Fey just looked hot Hot HOT!

Now...the other side of the coin....

Sting...get a shave and...

Jennifer Lopez...how can I say this...Love handles might help your tiny boy toy husband keep a hold on you..but trust me...NOT a good look. You have reached the age where less is really NOT more!

Thoughtfully and fashionably,

Edwina

momcat
01-14-2009, 07:15 PM
How are you today, Lady Edwina? I missed the awards but your concise update and color commentary tells me everything I need to know. As always, you did it in the very finest of taste and style.

jennielynn1970
01-14-2009, 09:53 PM
I was just looking at pictures, and wow.... JLo really does have love handles!

Simon Baker, from The Mentalist.... can we just say MEOOOWWW!!! :love:

Edwina's Secretary
01-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Simon Baker, from The Mentalist.... can we just say MEOOOWWW!!! :love:

I agree.....puuuuuurrrrrrr

Edwina's Secretary!

cassiesmom
01-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Oh, Edwina! After I read your first post, I went on the Internet to find a photo of J.Lo. "Less is really NOT more" is right!

Would you care to comment on Sigourney Weaver's look? http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3561589248/rg1908513280
I thought the color of her gown - deep blue - was very pretty. But her hair and make-up were quite plain. I wished she'd had a necklace or pendant on, too. I have liked her ever since "The Year of Living Dangerously".

Did you see Tony Shalhoub? I am a fan of "Monk" on USA Network. I heard the pre-show commentator (I am not sure if it was Brooke Burke or Nancy Odell) buzzing that this jacket was purchased off the rack. I like the jacket but I don't like the beard!
http://www.tvguide.com/special/golden-globes/galleries.aspx?gallery=2009-Golden-Globes-1001411&page=33

Edwina's Secretary
01-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Dear Auntie Cassiesmom,

Ooooo...I missed Sigourney Weaver. Blue...what a nice change from black....very classic and pretty...both adjectives for the lady herself! (My meowmie's brother has had a crush on SW since some movie where she was an alien or something...meowmie much preferred her in The Year of Living Dangerously...) Her coloring is so exquisite with that blue but I agree a touch more jewels would be nice.

As for that Tony guy...again...take a shave and please...I just don't get the jacket. If it at least FIT I might...just might...:rolleyes:

Cattily,

Edwina

Barbara
01-16-2009, 02:53 AM
I think it's about time Edwina gets a column on www.gofugyourself.com ;)

cassiesmom
01-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Dear Lady Edwina,

What did you think of Mrs. Obama's Inauguration Day dress and her gown? I hope she was warm enough in the dress and coat she had on during the day. I thought it was green but my sister said it was actually sort of a yellow gold. Must be my old analog TV! And she used a Chicago designer. I thought her gown was very pretty, all those ruffles.

Thank you,
Elyse

Edwina's Secretary
01-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Dear Lady Edwina,

What did you think of Mrs. Obama's Inauguration Day dress and her gown? I hope she was warm enough in the dress and coat she had on during the day. I thought it was green but my sister said it was actually sort of a yellow gold. Must be my old analog TV! And she used a Chicago designer. I thought her gown was very pretty, all those ruffles.

Thank you,
Elyse

Dearest Elyse,

Although Ms. Obama and I have slightly different shapes I think she has such marvelous taste! (Most of the time... I am not a fan of the red and black dress she wore the night of the election...:eek:) The greenish/yellow color seems difficult to capture on tv or the computer and difficult to wear but it was daring and she has the coloring to pull it off. The gloves and shoes though! To die for!

Both her evening gown and Ms. Biden's evening gown....va.va.VOOM!:D:D

Enviously,

Edwina

cassiesmom
02-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Dear Lady Edwina,

Once again I am interested in your opinion on the subject of fashion. What did you think of the actresses' gowns at the Academy Awards? I thought Penelope Cruz looked beautiful - all those ruffles! And I thought Meryl Streep looked lovely and elegant and her daughter looked lovely too!

I really liked Eva Marie Saint's outfit. I am not sure how Goldie Hawn was trying to dress but I thought she was a fashion Don't. Same with Mickey Rourke - Don't.

And oh, yes, I :love: :love: :love: Hugh Jackman!

Thanking you, I remain
Loyal fan of PT's fashion guru
Elyse

catmandu
02-23-2009, 09:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies2169.jpg
None of those so called high priced super stars can hold a candle to My HH Lady Edwina Rose :):):)
The lovliest woman in the World :love::love::love:

Edwina's Secretary
02-23-2009, 02:50 PM
When Edwina finished blushing (oh JJJ3! You know how to keep a girl's love alive!!!!) she made these observations...

Sorry Angelina -- you are gorgeous...but with those visible tats...it is impossible to achieve elegance...

That dress! Sarah Jessica Parker...made Edwina hungry -- all she could think of was something served on a platter

Melissa Leo (whoever you are)...interesting color but...a) a dress that matches your hair color and B) doesn't fit...isn't the best way to get noticed

Loved the necklace Amy Adams (didn't it belong to the Duches of Windsor once??) and you are delicious...but I would have worn it with maybe a seafoam green???

As for Edwina's favorites...

Those architectual, asymetrical necklines were great....especially Virginia Madsen!!! Purrfect....

And...hubba, hubba, hubba...Frieda Pinto.

Fashionably,

Edwina

p.s. what WAS the wire apparently holding Goldie Hawn's bosom together??? Do you think perhaps they have made a Goldie out of spare parts?