PDA

View Full Version : I miscarried

BitsyNaceyDog
01-13-2009, 03:06 PM
We lost the baby. I started bleeding a little Saturday, Justin took me to the ER. They did some tests and an Ultrasound. There was no heartbeat on the ultrasound. They also found that the baby was not healthy to begin with and he/she had not been developing the way he/she should have been. I was sent home and told what to expect in the next few days.

We went home devastated. We cried and neither of us really wanted to talk about it much that night.

5 am Sunday morning I started bleeding a bit heavier and passing clots, and at first everything was just as the doctor said it would be. A few hours later the bleeding got really heavy and I was really light headed and pale. Justin called our good friends who live pretty close to come stay with Nathan and he took me back to the ER. Later Justin's parents came and took over babysitting duty.

When we got to the hospital there was luckily no one waiting and they took us right back. The nurse had just got the blood pressure cuff around my arm when I passed out. They couldn't wake me up and I started dry heaving (so I'm told, I don't remember any of that). The nurse told Justin they needed to get me into the wheelchair and then they'd take me back to a doctor. I woke up on my own then though. They helped me into the wheelchair and took me back to a room. The nurse asked Justin if he could help me get undressed and into a gown. Justin did and within a minute the doctor came in to see me. She found I was bleeding excessively and even though I was passing a lot of clots I still had a lot of clots and tissue backed up in my cervix. They moved me to another room and the doctor removed the clots and tissue. They then gave me an IV to help with cramping I was having and the bleeding. I had lost so much blood by that point they had to put the IV in the side of my wrist, they couldn't get a vein anywhere else.

My blood pressure was still really low and I started to pass out again, Justin paged the nurse and she got me out of it before I lost consciousness. She then went to get the doctor. She wasn't gone a minute before I was throwing up (just bile as I had nothing in my stomach) and I was starting to pass out once again. Justin paged for a nurse again. Both the nurse and doctor came in and got me out of it. Because my blood pressure was so low the doctor wanted me moved to another room closer to the nurses station. It wasn't until I had 3 liters of IV fluids/meds in me before I stopped passing out (which took all day). Finally around 6 pm my blood pressure, while still not great, was good enough and stable and I was able to come home.

I'm on bed rest for a few days though. My MIL was here taking care of Nathan for me yesterday and my sister is here today. My midwife has been checking my blood pressure and as soon as my blood pressure and my iron (she's going to check that today) is back to par I'll be able to get off the couch.

Justin and I have been able to talk and we've both accepted the loss of our baby. We know that he/she wasn't healthy and God knew he/she'd be better off in heaven with him rather than here on Earth with us. It's still hard, but we've accepted it.

Grace
01-13-2009, 03:10 PM
I am so very sorry. Please take care of yourself right now.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Aw Kari.... I am so sorry for you and your hubby....!
This must be a hard blow...

Sending you lots of hugs :love::love::love:, and aheadbumpy from all 4 Gabriels Girls!!

caseysmom
01-13-2009, 03:14 PM
I am so sorry.

Husky_mom
01-13-2009, 03:17 PM
I´m so sorry.... I have no words to say... but here´s a big hug to you all...

lvpets2002
01-13-2009, 03:23 PM
:( I am so sorry to read this Kari.. God knew best for the two of you & the baby.. Your baby is in Heaven now.. You get some well deserved rest now so you can get back healthy.. God Bless You All..

Cookiebaker
01-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Kari, I am so so sorry, and there are no words. Take care of you, and please know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Randi
01-13-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm so sorry for you and your husband. :( Please take of yourself.

(((hugs)))

prechrswife
01-13-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm so sorry. There are really no words at a time like this. (((((Hugs))))) and prayers.:(

KYS
01-13-2009, 03:31 PM
I am so sorry.
((((HUGS)))))

Hellow
01-13-2009, 03:39 PM
That is terrible. I am very, very sorry for your loss. I hope that your body and mind recovers soon from the loss, although I know you could never forget it.
Just one little question, though, why would your blood pressure be so low?

Karen
01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh, Kari, sending you many hugs, gentle ones. Cry as much as you need to, and don't let anyone tell you not to feel bad. You and Justin will be in my prayers in this sad and difficult time.

lvpets2002
01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
:) Back when I was having a lot of female trouble & bleeding alot = My Blood Pressure stayed so low all the time it was not real.. If you keep looseing lots of blood then your pressure will be low low..

Just one little question, though, why would your blood pressure be so low?

Taz_Zoee
01-13-2009, 04:02 PM
I am so sorry. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes for you and your husband.

M&M's Mommy
01-13-2009, 04:07 PM
*hugs* I'm so sorry to hear that you've miscarried.

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Alysser
01-13-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. :( I'm glad you're doing better and have accepted it. ((hugs)) to you!

Medusa
01-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Please accept my heartfelt condolences for the miscarrige of your baby. It's good that you and your husband are able to talk about it and you will grow even closer to each other as a result. This is a profound loss for you both and for your family, so please take as much time as you need to heal. Prayers are going up for you all right now and will continue for you and a special candle will be lit for you tonight. You are loved. :love:

Nomilynn
01-13-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

shepgirl
01-13-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm so sorry about the loss of your baby. I know just how devastated you must be feeling right now, cry about it, talk with hubby about it and most of all take your time geting over it. Will be sending a special prayer for you and your family.

sparks19
01-13-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm so so sorry :(

chocolatepuppy
01-13-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm very sorry.:(

Freedom
01-13-2009, 05:47 PM
I am sorry to be reading this. Please take care of yourself for just now. HUGS to you both.

boomersooner
01-13-2009, 05:57 PM
In prayers.....take care!!!

kuhio98
01-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Such sad news. Gentle hugs while your heart and body is healing. :love:

Daisy and Delilah
01-13-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm so sorry, Kari. Hugs to you, Justin and Nathan. My thoughts and prayers are going out to all of you.:(

beeniesmom
01-13-2009, 06:44 PM
I am so sorry. I pm'ed you.

jennielynn1970
01-13-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm so sorry you lost the baby. Gentle hugs to you.

k9krazee
01-13-2009, 06:59 PM
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. (((((Hugs))))))) :(

luvofallhorses
01-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Oh no, I am so sorry. :( ((((HUGS))))) you and Justin will be in my thoughts and prayers. please take care of yourselves.

ramanth
01-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Oh Kari, I am so sorry. :( :( *hugs*

My family has a history of miscarriages (mostly due to endometriosis) so there is a good chance my sister's or I could miscarry whenever we try to have kids. It's not an easy thought.

I'll be thinking of you.

finn's mom
01-13-2009, 07:18 PM
I am so sorry, Kari. :( It is a big fear of mine, but I will lean on your strength in this time if it happens to us. Thank you for sharing, my heart is with you and your family. :love:

catnapper
01-13-2009, 07:54 PM
I am so sorry. (((HUGS))) to you and your family.

cassiesmom
01-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you, Kari and family (((HUGS)))

DJFyrewolf36
01-13-2009, 08:56 PM
My condolences :(

Catty1
01-13-2009, 10:44 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} to you and Justin, Kari.

Thank God you have each other and family...and that your midwife is caring for you too.

Take all the time you need for your body and hearts to heal.

shais_mom
01-13-2009, 11:46 PM
many hugs and prayers for you.

ninnu
01-14-2009, 12:00 AM
I am so sorry :(

krazyaboutkatz
01-14-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm so sorry.:( You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Cataholic
01-14-2009, 10:28 AM
My heart breaks for you and your husband. I am just so sorry. Please take care of yourself, and know that many, many people are praying for you.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers, and kind words.

I am so sorry, Kari. :( It is a big fear of mine, but I will lean on your strength in this time if it happens to us. Thank you for sharing, my heart is with you and your family. :love:
I really feared posting this as I didn't want to scare you or Carmen. Think positive, your body doesn't need the stress of worrying. Enjoy your pregnancy, it's a magical time.

The ultrasound showed that my baby was not healthy and I trust that God took my baby so that he/she would not have to suffer any. It's still hard and I still can't keep from crying. I still feel cheated out of a life with my child, but my faith in God is getting me through it. I know I'll get to wrap my arms around my child one day when I get to meet him/her in heaven.

Zippy
01-14-2009, 11:05 AM
I am so sorry.(((HUGS)))

finn's mom
01-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers, and kind words.

I really feared posting this as I didn't want to scare you or Carmen. Think positive, your body doesn't need the stress of worrying. Enjoy your pregnancy, it's a magical time.

The ultrasound showed that my baby was not healthy and I trust that God took my baby so that he/she would not have to suffer any. It's still hard and I still can't keep from crying. I still feel cheated out of a life with my child, but my faith in God is getting me through it. I know I'll get to wrap my arms around my child one day when I get to meet him/her in heaven.

I figured you would feel that way, about scaring us that are expecting as well, that's the main reason I said thank you. I know it was difficult for you. It really shows your character that, even during this trying time, you were thinking of the effects it could possibly have on Carmen and me. You are truly a blessing.

I am staying positive and not stressing out, rest assured. :) It's not that I'm not aware that it's possible that this may not happen for us, but I am not letting it get me down. I know when it's meant to happen, it will. I am obviously hoping that now is the time for us. :love:

Thank you again, Kari. But don't worry for one second about us, you just take care of yourself, your boy and your man. :)

moosmom
01-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Kari,

I'm so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

JenBKR
01-14-2009, 11:42 AM
I am so sorry ((((hugs)))) My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Donnaj4962
01-14-2009, 11:50 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. It is often so hard to find the right words in this situation. It is like walking on eggshells.

My sister miscarried many years ago, and the pain is still significant for her. But she now has a son, a set of twin daughters (!) 3 stepchildren, 3 grandchildren and 2 more on the way! So you see, each of these new babies have brought sunshine and more love into her life. I pray the same happens for you.

smokey the elder
01-14-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm so sorry about your baby.

anna_66
01-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Kari I'm glad to hear that your finally feeling better, that's the most important thing right now.
I have no idea of what it's like to have a miscarriage, but I can just imagine how heartbreaking it must be.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Justin.
(((HUGS)))

Vermontcat
01-14-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Sending hugs to you and your family.

Barbara
01-14-2009, 03:07 PM
I am so sorry. All the best for you and your husband.

beeniesmom
01-14-2009, 03:10 PM
I really feared posting this as I didn't want to scare you or Carmen.

Thank you for letting us know. We are all one big family. Even if the fear was there before your experience, I try to stay positive but realistic at the same time. Fear of loss is the main reason why I haven't made any purchases yet or talked about names with hubby. When we first found out that I was expecting, the drs couldn't stress the fact enough that it happens more often than we think.
I know you will find the strength to heal.
hugs
carmen

gemini9961
01-14-2009, 04:40 PM
I am so sorry Kari. :(

lizbud
01-14-2009, 04:41 PM
I am so sorry.:( Take it easy & regain your strength. Prayers for you
& your husband at this sad time.

4 Dog Mother
01-15-2009, 09:27 AM
I am so sorry you lost your baby. Thoughts and prayers going out for you and your family.

ChrisH
01-15-2009, 01:08 PM
I am so sorry. :( Prayers going out for you and your family.

Felicia's Mom
01-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I am very sorry. My prayers go out to you.

phesina
01-15-2009, 05:04 PM
My very deepest sympathy to you both on the loss of your baby.

carole
01-15-2009, 08:20 PM
I am so sorry this had to happen, you have a very good attitude about it, and i think you will be blessed again in time, take care of yourself, and again i am really sorry for your loss, HUGS to you and hubby.

K9karen
01-16-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm sorry I just saw this, Kari. Thank you for sharing such a personal event with your other family. I believe things happen for a reason, even though we sometimes don't understand. Please take care of yourself. My condolences go out to you, Justin and Nathan .

sirrahbed
01-16-2009, 02:43 AM
I am so sorry Kari:( This place feels very much like family - the happy things and the sad. (((HUGS))) Hope you are feeling stronger and sleeping well.

Kirsten
01-16-2009, 04:28 AM
I'm very sorry!! :( (((HUGS))) I'll keep you and the little baby in my thoughts...

Kirsten

pitc9
01-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Oh honey... I'm so sorry.

:(