I can't believe some people.:mad: This poor child went untreated for
2nd & 3rd degree burns to her legs & buttocks for over 2 weeks. She is
still in crital condition & may lose her legs & maybe her life through gross
infection. The man does have a past conviction for child molesting & was
afraid to call for help.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/18449274/detail.html

Daisy and Delilah
01-12-2009, 07:49 PM
He didn't hesitate to call for himself but he didn't call for help for her? This story is just sickening. The mother saying she's sorry as they take her into custody. I just can't imagine someone being this cruel.:mad:

I pray that this child won't lose her legs and she's able to recover. Maybe she'll have a chance at a better life. The same goes for her brother was taken into custody.:( :( :(

RICHARD
01-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Liz,

With all due respect to you and your feelings about this story?

I get EFFING crazy when something like that gets posted. I don't have kids so, I have to temper my reaction to stories like that.

In all honesty?
I find myself wishing for three minutes, law and penalty free, with an AH like that. I don't even read the stories because the 'mystical' medical words and terms make me ill.

When most of us see a story like that we get upset about the crime. The real story is the recovery period for a child.

That poor kid will spend time on their side and stomach, have to put up with grafts and all kinds of surgery for quite a while afterwards.

It's really not fair and anyone who harms or makes a child suffer that way, need to be punished the same fashion. :mad:

Twisterdog
01-12-2009, 09:25 PM
anyone who harms or makes a child suffer that way, need to be punished the same fashion. :mad:

Agreed.

K9karen
01-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Ugh. The thread title said it all, as well as the description. I couldn't even read the article. It's sickening beyond words.

Medusa
01-13-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm wondering why the little girl and her brother hadn't been taken away after the father was found guilty of child molestation. Well, at least they had the important stuff such as cable TV instead of heat. :mad:

lizbud
01-13-2009, 10:12 AM
When most of us see a story like that we get upset about the crime. The real story is the recovery period for a child.

That poor kid will spend time on their side and stomach, have to put up with grafts and all kinds of surgery for quite a while afterwards.

It's really not fair and anyone who harms or makes a child suffer that way, need to be punished the same fashion. :mad:

I had 3rd degree burns on my leg from a chldhood accident & it hurt like
hell. When I came home from the hospital, my Mom had to change the
dressing daily & check for infection.:(:( So I have some tiny idea of how
much pain that girl had(and still does) to endure.:(

shepgirl
01-13-2009, 08:00 PM
I was asking myself the same question Medussa asked. Sometimes the system fails kids so badly I wonder why they are there in the first place. Another case of a poor kid falling through the cracks and suffering the consequences of neglect.