PDA

View Full Version : German "studio cat"

Prairie Purrs
01-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Even if (like me) you don't understand German, this video of a TV weatherman who was visited by the "studio cat" during a broadcast is adorable! :love:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zP4zaMvV__4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zP4zaMvV__4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Barbara
01-11-2009, 11:52 AM
He talks about the weather- and then he says "Oh this is the studio cat who comes in although he shouldn't ;) I think I keep him here :)" and then he continues with the weather ;)

Bengalz
01-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Gorgeous weather assistant - wonderful how the Europeans understand that pets are family :D:D

Kirsten
01-11-2009, 11:57 AM
OMG, this cracks me up! LOL

I would never have expected to see Mr. Joerg Kachelmann here at PT! :D

Kirsten

Edwina's Secretary
01-11-2009, 12:06 PM
And cuddles the kitty for the duration of the forecast! Watch his fingers as he scratches kitty's neck!

I am left with only one question...how's the weather?

Kirsten
01-11-2009, 12:15 PM
I am left with only one question...how's the weather?

Cold!!!

Kirsten

Randi
01-11-2009, 12:23 PM
That is SO cute! Every weather presenter should have a kitty help him. :D

I had to watch it a few times, fisrst to see what the kitty was doing, and then to concentrate on the German language. ;)

It's quite a bit colder down there, compered to Denmark, but then, it's always warmer by the coast. :)

Kirsten
01-11-2009, 12:29 PM
It's quite a bit colder down there, compered to Denmark, but then, it's always warmer by the coast.

Randi, here in my area, it was about minus 20°C some nights ago...

Kirsten

Prairie Purrs
01-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Smart kitty--looking for warm snuggles on a cold day!

I think this proves that you can never be too busy to pet the cat! :D

Kirsten
01-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Smart kitty--looking for warm snuggles on a cold day!

Well, and at the end of his speech, Mr. Kachelmann says something like "It's getting colder, I hope all cats have a warm coat now".

Kirsten

catmandu
01-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Ans sad to say outside the Found Cat Hotel, the food shelter are snow bound. I will have to move them in closer to the front door where it will be easier to keep the snow away.
Thats a great clip, and that Cat should become a regular, he certainly would boost the ratings!!!!:):):):)

Edwina's Secretary
01-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Fun to watch again and again! This time I saw the cat's tail as it walks behind him before it circles and he picks it up! :D:D

momcat
01-11-2009, 01:53 PM
What a great video!!!! I took German in college but was only able to catch a few words. Kirsten, thank you for your translations. It looks as if that station has a wonderful new star. The love shown to the kitty was wonderful to see. I hope the kitty will soon become a "regular" on the broadcast!

phesina
01-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Awwwwww... that's so nice!. Not only that the studio cat came onto the set, but that he picked it up and cuddled it through the rest of the weather report.

I can just see something like that happening in a weather report here! If a cat ever did manage to get into the studio and wander onto the set, the meteorologist might pick it up, but then he or she would probably make some little cutesy smart-a$s comment and then hand the cat off to a stagehand.

Mr. Kachelmann looked like he was really enjoying holding the cat and giving it some attention it liked as he continued with his forecast. And it was so cute the times he and the cat rubbed chins with each other!

Barbara and Kirsten, is that area he is reporting on anywhere near where either of you live?

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Awwwww, how sweet is that!!:love:

Edwina's Secretary
01-11-2009, 06:25 PM
I can just see something like that happening in a weather report here! If a cat ever did manage to get into the studio and wander onto the set, the meteorologist might pick it up, but then he or she would probably make some little cutesy smart-a$s comment and then hand the cat off to a stagehand.

Here in SoCal the clothes on the weather readers tend to be so tight they would bust if they tried to bend over and pick up anything!

Taz_Zoee
01-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Here in SoCal the clothes on the weather readers tend to be so tight they would bust if they tried to bend over and pick up anything!

LMAO!! Funny, but very true. :D

cassiesmom
01-11-2009, 07:26 PM
It's colder in Germany than it is here! I took German in high school and college, so I watched a few times to get the forecast and to try and figure out what the meteorologist was saying! I love the very beginning where you see just the tip of the cat's tail at the bottom of the picture. Like Hello, I am going to be on television right now. And the cat is so calm -- it looks like he is comfortable being held and snuggled as the man talks. Great video! What fun!

Barbara
01-12-2009, 02:56 AM
Barbara and Kirsten, is that area he is reporting on anywhere near where either of you live?

Very roughly: Kirsten is in the North, I am in the South- and that area was in the West (close to where I come from originally :)). The weather where Kirsten is is even colder right now- look at her fantastic pictures in General and here it was about the same as it was in the forecast and is colder now as well- but don't forget- it's all in Celsius ;)

Medusa
01-12-2009, 07:02 AM
So not only does he get attention at the studio but he gets his 15 minutes of fame, too. What a cushy gig for that kitty! :)

lvpets2002
01-12-2009, 10:36 AM
:love: Aweee thats just too Cute & Sweet.. Smart Cat = this baby knew how to get Attention & to get on TV..

Kona & Oreo's mom
01-12-2009, 11:40 AM
What a wonderful weatherman! And the kitty is so content just to sit in his arms and have his neck scratched throughout the whole segment.

I'd love to watch this on my newscast!

Killearn Kitties
01-12-2009, 03:00 PM
What a lovely clip! :D We would all be so busy watching the kitty that we would have no idea what the weather was going to be like for the next few days.

momcat
01-12-2009, 06:12 PM
What a lovely clip! :D We would all be so busy watching the kitty that we would have no idea what the weather was going to be like for the next few days.

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!

Killearn Kitties
01-13-2009, 05:11 AM
Amen to that!!!!!!!!!
Is it a bit chilly where you are right now? :D

Kirsten
01-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Had to smile yesterday when I saw Mr. Kachelmann in a tv commercial for yoghurt. :) He's actually Germany's most famous weatherman, but I had no idea he has a heart for kitties. :)

Kirsten

RICHARD
01-13-2009, 07:07 AM
IT'S A WEATHER FUR-CAST!!

I can't believe none of you made that joke yet!;)

Most of the So Cal weather readers would not be able to stand back up because of their boobs.
The men are just boobs.

lvpets2002
01-13-2009, 09:46 AM
:p LoL Cute one Richard
IT'S A WEATHER FUR-CAST!!

I can't believe none of you made that joke yet!;)

Most of the So Cal weather readers would not be able to stand back up because of their boobs.
The men are just boobs.

Prairie Purrs
01-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Had to smile yesterday when I saw Mr. Kachelmann in a tv commercial for yoghurt. :) He's actually Germany's most famous weatherman, but I had no idea he has a heart for kitties. :)

Kirsten

I think we should adopt Mr. Kachelmann as PT's Favorite Weather Fur-caster (thanks, Richard!). :D

Sonia59
01-13-2009, 03:07 PM
I think we should adopt Mr. Kachelmann as PT's Favorite Weather Fur-caster (thanks, Richard!). :D

Good idea! He seems to be a cat lover :D

RICHARD
01-13-2009, 04:23 PM
I couldn't tell if it was raining "cats and dogs" that day?:eek::rolleyes:

I'll stop now.:D

lvpets2002
01-13-2009, 04:37 PM
:) Hey I will have you to know I do have a umbrella with Raining Cats & Dogs all over it..:D
I couldn't tell if it was raining "cats and dogs" that day?:eek::rolleyes:

I'll stop now.:D

Nomilynn
01-13-2009, 04:46 PM
I love how you can hear the purring when he first picks it up and Kitty is over his mic.. so sweet! :)

momcat
01-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Is it a bit chilly where you are right now? :D

It's not too bad right now, in the low 30 degree range but we're expecting temperatures in the single digits within the next two days or so. How is it where you are?

catmandu
01-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Sad to say the story behing raining Cats and Dogs is a sad one,:eek: as when a rainstorm hit in the old days they were no sewers and many times the Dogs and Cats would drown and it almost seemed as though they had come from the sky above.:eek:
That weatherman must know the Studio Cat well to be brave enough to pick him up on air, that would be embarrasing if that Katze dint cooperate, and painful as well!!!!:):)

Killearn Kitties
01-14-2009, 02:15 AM
It's not too bad right now, in the low 30 degree range but we're expecting temperatures in the single digits within the next two days or so. How is it where you are?
I think we are probably similar, frosty overnight, but pleasant sunny days for the most part. Certainly a lot warmer than it was in Germany when this clip was filmed!