PDA

View Full Version : Aahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slleipnir
09-18-2002, 02:55 PM
OMGGGG!!!!! I'm flipping excited as hell!!!!!!!!!! HE'S MINEE!!!!!!!! Dad let me adopt him!!! I get to take him home tomorrow!!!! I'm going in right after school and learning about his clicker training, and introducing him to Jo!! He's SOOOOOOO sweet!! We took him out into this room, and he ran around like a little maniac! He look soo happy! He has super sharp nails..ah. Anyway! I'm so excited! I think I'm going to name him Zeke :D God, you ppl don't know nervous I was ALL day. I thought for sure he'd be gone, but he wasn't! He's been there for a month :[ Can you believe that? It almost seemed like he remembered me today..cause yesterday he looked sad, and today as soon as he saw me, he jumped up and wagged his tail. When I had to put him back, he jumped up and gave me a "hug" almost like saying "Don't leave me!! I don't want to go in there!!" And he wouldn't go in at 1st.

I had him outside, and took him up to the dog fence so I could see how he was with other dogs, and this lab ran over and he seemed great! I know Jo is good with other dogs too. Sorry for sounding like a maniac, I'm just so happy :D:D:D:D:D He's being clicker trained, what exactly is that? I know the basics, but anyone doing it with their dog???!??!?!?!

Cookiebaker
09-18-2002, 03:08 PM
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!! :D Pictures??? We would love to see pictures of cute li'l Zeke!!! I am so happy for you!! that must have been such a relief that he was still there. What kind of breed is he again? :D :D :D

trisha0503
09-18-2002, 03:14 PM
Yiiiippppeeeeeeeeeee!!!:) :) Hoooorrraaaayyyy !!!!;) ;) Congratulations!!!! We're excited to see his pictures!!!! ;)

sasvermont
09-18-2002, 03:14 PM
Hehehehehhe. I think you sound so happy you may just EXPLODE!

lovemymaltese
09-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Congratulations, I am so happy for you.

slleipnir
09-18-2002, 03:38 PM
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!! Pictures??? We would love to see pictures of cute li'l Zeke!!! I am so happy for you!! that must have been such a relief that he was still there. What kind of breed is he again?

Thanks! Yeah, I get pics up tom after I get him home and settled in! He's a German Shep/lab. He's SOO cute!

And yes, I am close to exploding from excitement lol!

Tina
09-18-2002, 03:47 PM
Congrats!! Can't wait to see pictures of the cute guy! I'm sure he is adorable!! And I like the name you picked for him too Zeke!

sammi
09-18-2002, 04:04 PM
Happy for you! Later

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2113&highlight=clicker+training

Uabassoon
09-18-2002, 04:11 PM
Congrats on your new pup!!

tatsxxx11
09-18-2002, 04:19 PM
I'm SO happy for you Audrey!!! Wooooo, wooooo!!! Sounds like a match made in heaven! I know that Zeke is going to be so happy with his new family!! Can't wait for the pics!!!

Cincy'sMom
09-18-2002, 04:55 PM
YEAH!!!! Congrats!

We have done some clicker training with both our girls. I saw there is a link posted to a thread about it, but if you have any more questions after reading it, I can try and help.

Can't wait to see pics!!!

Sam's My Baby
09-18-2002, 05:05 PM
yaaay! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures of the darling!;) :D

Fuzzy317
09-18-2002, 05:35 PM
Congratulations on you new puppy !! Pictures? you do realize pictures are a requirement? :D

slleipnir
09-18-2002, 05:57 PM
Thanks! I duno how I'll manage to get through school tomorrow..Ah...

I was looking at that clicker training thread, it helped! Thanks! But, I don't understand what you do when it's bad? If you click it before it gets a treat..won't it think clicking means treats??

tatsxxx11
09-18-2002, 06:01 PM
It shouldn't Audrey. It's just "marking" the good behavior. Don't use the clicker for encouraging good behavior; then the pup will come to expect a treat with each clicker. It's only used to immediately signal to the dog the good behavior performed followed immediately by a treat. There is no reprimand used in clicker training. Inappropriate behavior or failure to respond to a command is just ignored. It is a bit complicated, but there are a lot of helpful sites. I think I posted some links in the thread I started a while ago. In case this wasn't the one Cincy's Mom was talking about, here it is. Good luck!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2249&highlight=clicker+training

Sudilar
09-18-2002, 06:33 PM
Woohoo!! Congratulations!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-18-2002, 06:41 PM
Audrey, how exciting it must be for you! I can't wait to see pictures of the lil guy! Have you thought of a name?

Karen
09-18-2002, 06:52 PM
Congratulations, sooooooo exciting! Boyo, does Zeke have any idea what a good deal he's getting? A Pet Talk home, and a great big sisterdog, too!

slleipnir
09-18-2002, 06:54 PM
Thanks! Yeah, I think I'm going to name him Zeke. I 1st heard the name on a show, Tour of duty, and I thought it was a neat name. My friend today suggested the name and made me remember it. I duno, I think it's a cute name for him :] I can't wait to show ya'll his pics tom :] He's so sweet

Dixie Belle
09-18-2002, 11:01 PM
From Mama Dog, Dixie Belle, Prince, Missie Rose, and Ma (me)

Congrats on the puppy!!!!!

wolf_Q
09-19-2002, 01:57 AM
CONGRATS!!!!! PICS! pics! pics!! Zeke is a cute name too! I bet there will be a cute face to fit that cute name too! :D

lv4dogs
09-19-2002, 08:44 AM
I am happy for you! Congrats on rescuing a dog! Good luck withintroducing him to your other dog!

turner
09-19-2002, 08:47 AM
Congrats of your new pup Zeke!! I think that's a great name!! Can't wait too see pics of the little guy!

You sound so very happy! Congrats again:D

pupper-lover
09-19-2002, 09:06 AM
:D

delidog
09-19-2002, 09:22 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
YEAH!!! AUDREY!!!!!
cannot wait for pictures of the Zeke-meister!!!!:) ;) :D

ramanth
09-19-2002, 10:50 AM
Congratulations Audrey. :D Can't wait to see pics of Zeke. :)

Stenograsaurus
09-19-2002, 12:12 PM
Congratulations, Audrey!!! You have so much excitement in your post that I am excited and can hardly wait!!! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Logan
09-19-2002, 12:26 PM
Audrey, I'm just catching up! How neat that you're getting another dog, a friend for Jo and you, plus saving a life too!! Best wishes to all of you! :D And give Dad a hug from us for saying YES!!!! :D

Dixieland Dancer
09-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Congratulations on a new pup! Your excitement is very catchy. I can almost see you tapping your pencil, pen, feet, fingers, etc... in anticipation for the school day to end!!! LOL ;) Pictures soon please of both Zeke and Jo!! ;)

Albea
09-19-2002, 12:43 PM
CONGRATULATIONS AUDREY, AND TO YOUR DAD TOO FOR BEING SO UNDERSTANDING. ;) Sweet Zeke is going to have a well deserved, very happy home with you and your family after spending all that time at the shelter. Should I say "pictures please" again, after all the requests you got?

tatsxxx11
09-19-2002, 12:49 PM
Well, if Albea doesn't want to say it, I will.....PICTURES PLEASE!;) Audrey, I'm watching the clock and ticking off the hours....Shouldn't be too long before it's official!:) Yay!!!!!

slleipnir
09-19-2002, 01:28 PM
YES!! I'm going to pick him up now! I visited him at lunch! anyway, be back soon with pics!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-19-2002, 01:35 PM
I can hardley wait to see pictures of lil Zeke! I hope you get back soon.

anna_66
09-19-2002, 01:58 PM
Yaaaa Audrey!!!!!!
Sorry I'm late congratulating you, but hey, this way I don't have to wait as long for the pictures as everyone else has:D
Zeke sounds like an awesome name for a awesome dog!
Now...hurry up and get home so we can see him:D :D

slleipnir
09-19-2002, 02:49 PM
I got him!! Jo at 1st snarled, then now they won't stop playing! I'll get pics up in a min :D Just letting them cool down a little!

felinequine
09-19-2002, 05:19 PM
YAY for you, slleipnir!!!! (belated yay, lol) |dances around| say hi to Zeke (is that his name) for me, okay??:D :D

jennifert
10-02-2002, 03:18 PM
Audrey!! I just saw pictures of Zeke! He is beautiful! I had to flip back through the month or so that I have missed at Pet Talk to see what was going on!!! You got a new puppy!! How exciting! I have a lot of reading to do to catch up and learn all about him! I just found this post, skimmed it and thought I would add my two cents and my congratulations!
I can't wait to "meet" him. I hope everything is going well with you and the family!!

Give Josie and Zeke big kisses from me and Duncan!

slleipnir
10-02-2002, 04:40 PM
Thanks Jennifer :D Haven't heard from you in a while :] Nice to see your back :]