PDA

View Full Version : My cats give this an A+

DJFyrewolf36
01-10-2009, 09:45 PM
I picked up a toy for the kitties yesterday when I got them food...and boy is it a hit! I think this is the first toy I've paid for they have liked :rolleyes: This isn't my picture but this is exactly what the one I picked out looks like

http://www.theperpetualgaragesale.net/pet_supplies/images/fur%20&%20feather%20mice%20with%20beads.jpg

I got them at the local pet mart for 75 cents a mouse. The cats were playing a rousing game of bat the mouse back and forth just now lol. I wish it wasn't too dark to get a picture.
What are toys that get your cats seal of approval?

Queen of Poop
01-10-2009, 10:19 PM
I got mice similar to that for the kittens. Cali proceeded to chew the noses off and ruin them. Bad girl!!

Taz_Zoee
01-10-2009, 10:38 PM
We sell those mice in the boutique at the shelter. :)
It's difficult to have cat toys with a puppy around. But as it was stated in a dog thread a while back there is a brand out there that is actually pretty tough. It is called Fat Cat. And I received a Fat Cat cat toy in a box of goodies from Katie back when I first got Paizly. She likes to play with this and Taggart can't chew it up. She also likes an old fabric mouse that Taggart hasn't eaten yet. In fact, this morning she woke Bruce up playing with it on the bed. She tosses it around and pounces on it. LOL

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2009, 02:14 AM
My cats also love this kind of mice. Pearl and Ziggy love the small furry mice with the feather tails or regular tails which I cut off so they won't eat them. Sky loves the larger mice that have catnip in them. Most of my cats also love the round plastic tube with the ball inside which I call the kitty roulette wheel. They love to play with boxes and Peal has a thing for straws too.:)

catmandu
01-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Well thier favorite are the Animal Welfare Association Big Mice, but they like the Friendship Cat Nip Fish Via Guatemala , and anything thats small and they can roll around.:love::love: from Aunt Helene and Aunt Pat
And once in a while the Crinkle Toys come about and the Fur Tailed Soccer Ball that Randi set years ago.There are so many Toys sent over the years, and the ones that are not used here co to the Cats of The Animal Welfare so they can have fun while waiting for thier Furr Ever Homes.:love::):D:cool:

Barbara
01-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Oh- feather mousies! That's a toy we like very much here:D Gives you that natural killing feeling ;)

Freedom
01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Oh yeah, I got those a few times, the feathers are a HUGE hit! I have to keep watch, the cats seem to think they are supposed to EAT them and the feathers are a choking hazard; at least to one of mine who started gagging and hacking.

Cuddles LOVE those, so I try to always have one for her. She "talks" to it, bats it around, scolds it for going the wrong way, SO funny!

bowlkat
01-11-2009, 06:50 PM
All the members of our Pride have a nasty habit of chewing feathers off things and trying to eat them, and especially with red feathers, the color isn't color-fast so we get miserable stains all over everything from them- so feathers have been banned. However, there are small (about 1-1/2" square) sewn catnip pillows we get from CattyShack (on-line store- Google it!), which are inexpensive and packed with some of the most POWERFUL catnip I've ever encountered-- our cats get thoroughly gooned-up on the stuff and play with the pillows by the hour! They bat them around, fetch them, chase them, chew them up, carry them around like prey-- and they DON'T leach out dyes or stain anything or shed parts that cats can swallow or choke on-- they're the BEST........

cassiesmom
01-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Cassie Cat likes mousies almost like that, but without the feathers.

This is her all-time favorite toy EVER. Kitty Tease! We got it from the shelter as an adoption gift. It's a "fishing pole" type toy with a black string tied to a denim belt loop. The package insert said that the designer specifically used black string because it makes the string less visible and the denim more visible to the cat. Cassie plays with the whole thing - the belt loop, the string, and the stick.
http://www.angelfire.com/ga3/galkie/ktvinyl.jpg

momcat
01-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Those mousies are so cute!!! Groucho loves to hide his toys all over the place and search out the Q-tips.

Catlady711
01-11-2009, 10:09 PM
I probably have 20-30 of those in the kitty toy bin. The kitties love them, more so if I can find the ones with the rattles in them. They last until they shred the tail feathers to death or drown them in the water bowl. lol

Medusa
01-12-2009, 07:05 AM
My Fur Posse love the feather on a string but if they catch it, it's history. I have to hide it when we're done playing because it gets torn to shreds otherwise.

lvpets2002
01-12-2009, 10:25 AM
:love: How so cute they are.. Yup sounds like my house.. About half of what I buy my babies do they like.. I have figured out my babies like anything with feathers on it.. :D

smokey the elder
01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
My crew likes those mice; they disappear under the couch! A lot of them like the laser pointer, aka the shiny red bug!