PDA

View Full Version : Good things that happened to me today..

Nomilynn
01-09-2009, 04:49 PM
I woke up this morning with an awful migraine and feeling dizzy and nauseous. I was supposed to have a physio appointment today for my knee, but after being laid up all day I called to see if I could rescuedule. The reception told me that I would have to pay a $25 cancellation fee, and I was a bit peeved but basically said whatever.

I managed to take a shower and make myself presentable, and drove to the clinic to pay my fee. The parking lot was CRAZY. While trying to turn a corner, my car got hung up on a snow bank and I got stuck. A guy walking through the parking lot stopped and helped me back out of the spot.. good deed #1...

I managed to find a spot and walked in to the clinic. The receptionist took one look at me and waived the cancellation fee and let me reschedule. good deed #2

From there I went to the post office to pick up a parcel. When I parked and got out of my car, a lady walking to her car made eye contact with me, smiled and said hello. #3

I was walking to the door and someone stopped and waited for me to get to the door and held it open, even though I was at least 10ft away. #4

I got inside and got into the line up to pick up my parcel. The man in front of me got a phone call and was talking on his cell when his turn came up. He turned to me and said, "please go ahead, I won't be done my call in time" #5

I got my parcel, thanked the phone call man again and went to my car. The lady who smiled at me was still in the parking lot, having a smoke before driving away, and she smiled at me again. #6

I got home and looked at the time, and saw that all these things happened between 2:30pm and 2:40pm, and I thought of Barney. It can't be a cooincidence and I was just so touched by all these nice things.. just wanted to share with you all :)

Karen
01-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Awww, nice that you shared good things with us.

Catty1
01-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Nomilynn - it does make you wonder...and I just realized something and sat down right away to type this out.

I had a bunch of errands that I could catch up on today...and after one of them, I noticed on my blackberry that the light was blinking. It was my reminder for Barney.

I had just dropped off a printer to someone who needed it, and taken her old one to e-cycle. I went to the e-cycle depot - and could not find my blackberry! I panicked...it is not just a cell, it has tons of my business information in it.

Within 1/2 hour, I had it back. A 14-year-old called one of the numbers, and that person called me...and I called him. He was about 14 - his sister had found it - and even though I had looked on the street, I didn't find it before.

This thing could have been driven over, or stolen...and there it was, safe, because of two good young people.

Just when I was remembering Barney.

I wonder too, Nomilynn.

Emeraldgreen
01-10-2009, 12:33 AM
That's so neat. I'm glad so many good things happened to you and that you noticed them and that they happened right around when Barney got his wings. Thanks for sharing that. :)

weluvcats
01-10-2009, 12:45 AM
They say things come in threes...Yours came in sixes! And the timing is just too amazing...God does move in mysterious ways...Random acts of kindness, maybe being sent down by sweet Barney? It's possible...:)

Judy

lizbud
01-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Sounds like you were blessed today.:) Thanks for sharing the good news.