PDA

View Full Version : rats went for a bike ride

lv4dogs
09-18-2002, 01:33 PM
Well my boyfriend & I purchased 2 new bicycles over the weekend and I had to buy a nifty little basket for mine so I could take my little rattties for rides on nice days. Yesterday I rigged up a top for the basket so they could not jump or fall out and we went for a bike ride. They loved it!! It was funny to watch them, they would put their nosesin the air just like dogs do when they stick their heads out of car windows. It is so cute!

Desert Arabian
09-18-2002, 01:49 PM
what do you know.... I've done that too with my ratties and they loved it. One sat on my shoulder and the other guys sat in the basket. It was really fun, I've never done that before.

tatsxxx11
09-18-2002, 04:34 PM
How cute!!! And what a sight for the pedestrians!!:) I'll bet the ratties had a great time!!!

RockyRoad
09-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Aww, I bet the little fellas had fun!!:D

Uabassoon
09-18-2002, 07:18 PM
That sounds like so much fun. Just trying to picture the sight of rats in basket on a bike cracks me up. I'm glad they enjoyed it.

lv4dogs
09-19-2002, 08:15 AM
Oh yes, It was a funny experience but the expressions & reactions from passerby-ers were more hillarious. Some laughed, some would screem, screetch and run away (that was the funniest) and others were so amazed and intriged. I had people ask me to stop so they could see. We stopped by a pub on the canal trail and brought the basket of rats right inside w/ us. And I myself kept laughing as I felt like I was from the wizard of Oz; Dorthy with toto or the wicked witch of the west. You see we bought new old style bikes, you know granny & grandpa bikes (not to offend anyone) w/ the big seats, fenders and the old round frame, now put a basket and a rear bike rack on the bike.