PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Grasshopper's Adventure!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2002, 11:58 AM
There he sat; two inches of yellow-green, bug-eyed wonder, gazing at me through my car's windshield. As grasshoppers go, he was a big old boy. (Please note; I did not determine his sex but for this story, he is a boy.)
He will leave when I start the car, I thought.
Nope.
Well, when I pull out, he will leave.
Nope.
Driving down the street will blow him off.
Nope.
My singing of show tunes to him will make him go.
Nope. He just hunkered down and clung thighter.
Well, he will be gone when I come out of the library.
Nope.
He did turn around on the windshield at this point and aim his bum toward my face. I got an up close and personal view of his grasshopper's tush all the way home. About 10 minutes after arriving home, I decided to go to the grocery store. Mr. Grasshopper had moved to the car roof.
He will blow off for sure now.
Nope.
When I got to the car with my groceries, he had moved to the trunk lid.
When I raise the lid he will jump off.
Nope.
He clung all the way home. As I turned off the ignition, I looked in the rear-view mirror. He was on the trunk sitting in one spot but swaying from side to side. I swear he was greener than when we left to gome home. When I got to the trunk, he was gone. Off telling his friends and family of his amazing adventure with a crazy lady who sang to him, no doubt. Or maybe, just in the grass being car-sick.:eek: :D

Cookiebaker
09-18-2002, 02:38 PM
:D *LOL* :D

Dixieland Dancer
09-18-2002, 02:51 PM
I've had that same experience with a spider. Only I got impatient and turned my windshield wipers on. That didn't move the spider it just squished him all over the window. Spider guts everywhere!!! YUK!!! :eek:

tatsxxx11
09-18-2002, 04:30 PM
What a beautiful story, Connie!:) I'll be that grasshopper had the ride of his life! That little bugger wasn't going to let go, no matter what the wind, weather or how grating the show tunes!!;) I wouldn't be surprised to hear he shows up again tomorrow for another spin around the neighborhood!!:)

lynnestankard
09-19-2002, 03:43 AM
ROTFL Connie. Great Story - look out next time you get into the car - for the tiny grass-hopper thumbing a lift! He might fancy a ride INSIDE the metal box!!:D :D

Lynne

Ann
09-19-2002, 04:10 AM
Aw, that was a cute story :) I'm glad you let him have a little ride instead of killing him with the windsheild wipers!

Cinder & Smoke
09-19-2002, 11:39 AM
Onna way to werk wun day ~

Lil bittie Burd wuz hoppin asside the rode - tink he wuz too lil ta fly rite... Tried ta take off as we went bye. Flew rit in fronta da kar :eek:.

Dad stomped onna *WHOA* peddel an we all sed "That wuz KLOSE!" But we dint see him fly away... :(

Got to da Shop ~ Smoke an me ran round front ta see iffin he wuz <smooshed> onna grill...

NOPE! Jest sittin onna bumper - all ruffeled up an lookin purdy wind-blown! Hopped down an sorta staggered ober to the edge uvva sideywalk...

He dun a quicky pre-flight checkout - shooked hiz lil hedbone a few tymes an flopped hiz wingerz ta get the fethurz all pointin inna rite direction;
revved up;
an *TOOK OFF*!

Lil ~shakey~ aftur take off - lotta bobbin an weavin - but he made it ta da big tree! Sat there fur a kupla minnitz, took a spin round da tree... den heded back towardz home!

Hope he hadda Safe Flight! :D

gini
09-19-2002, 11:59 AM
Great grasshopper and birdie stories.

I had a bumble bee IN the car one day. Trust me, I didn't sing him any show tunes!! He didn't seem as though he would appreciate any singing since he was making a lot of racket on his own. I just rolled down all of the windows and prayed real hard.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-19-2002, 12:31 PM
Cinder & Smoke what a great birdie story. I'm so glad he was ok.

Ann, to be honest, I did think of using the windshield wipers to shoo him off, then I realized he would probably be squished and just didn't have the heart to do it. Not after looking in those big old eyes of his.:D

tatsxxx11
09-19-2002, 12:52 PM
Another great rescue tale with a happy ending as told by Cinder!!:D

Ann
09-19-2002, 01:08 PM
Cinder & Smoke, that was such a cute story! Thanks for sharing :)

Glad to hear that momoffuzzyfaces :)

lovemymaltese
09-19-2002, 03:10 PM
too funny. Thanks for sharing! :D :D

lynnestankard
09-20-2002, 05:22 AM
Hey Cinder and Smoke - you finally got the keyboard away from Bootz - lovely story of the little birdie. Can you imagine his Mummy's face when he got home with the tale of the metal dragon who took him away - then let him go?!! Thanks for the giggle.

Lynne

AmberLee
09-20-2002, 08:02 PM
Mr. Grasshopper's adventures reminded me of a trip I took with a college pal. Shortly after we started we noticed a snail on the hood of her car. It slowly travelled as we whipped along the freeway. I rather wondered what it thought of travelling at freeway speeds. We were astonished that it stuck on for the 80 or so miles we travelled. :eek:

NoahsMommy
09-20-2002, 08:19 PM
What FUN stories!! :D I love that he hung on there for the entire trip! I can only imagine what he was thinking.

I think I WOULD have shooed him off with the wipers..only because they scare me...any bug that can jump scares me............I know. :rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke, I love your birdie story....what a brave little thing! I'm so glad he was OK. :)