PDA

View Full Version : I'm crawling under the covers until next week!

Freedom
01-08-2009, 02:59 PM
What a three day spell we've had here. I will say, all of us are fine; well, my sanity is stretched, but that's all.

Last night, Sugar got into a bag of Hershey's cherry cordial kisses. They are yummy, but they are chocolate! Trip to the ER averted, and thanks again to Phred. She is fine.

Just returned from the vet with Marlin. He has conjunctivitis in BOTH eyes. Eye drops and no walks or trips outdoors except for "business" through Sunday.

We had a rain storm yesterday, downpours, winds, and the roof leaked again. (We had a new roof put on in late Sept.) The contractor came right over, found the source of the problem fixed it temporarily and will do the permanent job on Saturday.

Tuesday was Dad's appointment with his diabetes doc. We had a long, frank discussion, and the doc feels we are well beyond the point of Dad being in a nursing home. I have been in the process (dragging my feet) of moving him from the senior center to an adult day care program, so this was a bit of reality. Then today was the appointment with his dementia doctor, who agreed we at least need to get him in to the day care, and could I arrange it for Monday? NO, next Monday, perhaps, NOT this coming Monday.

Whew! I guess I just needed to vent a bit. Three days is too short a time for all this to happen! After Tuesday's visit we just came home and I sat and cried for a while. Felt better, even though it doesn't get anything done which I needed to do.

Karen
01-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Sending a big, sturdy hug, because you sound like you could use one!

(Now, Lacey, go give momma a kiss on the nose, okay?)

Husky_mom
01-08-2009, 03:33 PM
I´m sorry...here´s good vibes for things to get better....((HUGS))

Catty1
01-08-2009, 03:39 PM
HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS :love::love::love::love:

jazzcat
01-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Here's a BIG (((((HUG))))) from me too.

KYS
01-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Well they say things happen in 3's so hopefully the rest of the year will
go smoothly.
(((((sending Hugs too))))

Medusa
01-08-2009, 08:46 PM
(((HUGS))) and PURRS on the way to Sandie......:love:

Catlady711
01-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Hugs!!!

Sometimes it seems like things all happen at once doesn't it. I suppose it's just getting it all out of the way at one time so things will go smother later for a longer time?

I hope things calm down for you soon.

dukedogsmom
01-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Sounds like you've had a horrible time. That is really sad about your dad :( I know that must be so hard. Sugar wanted sugar! I'm glad she's alright. But I can't blame her because those things are delicious. I hope things get a little better.

Scooter's Mom
01-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Sandie, I sure wish I could be there to give you a big hug in person. This one will have to do ... ((HUG)).

Daisy and Delilah
01-08-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm so sorry, Sandie!! I wish I could do something to help. It's going to be pretty soon that my Mom needs to go too.:( I hope things get better for you.
{{{{{GIANT HUGS}}}}}

Marigold2
01-08-2009, 11:20 PM
You truly have had a lot of handle. Be kind to yourself, take a deep breath and a bubble bath and know that many are sending you hugs and best wishes. Good things will come your way soon.

jennielynn1970
01-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Wish there would be some way to help you out, make you feel better. All I can offer is a shoulder and you are always welcome to visit if you ever get to PA!

Take care of yourself, don't get too down, and know that we all care and love you here!!

Big hugs!!!

Jennie