PDA

View Full Version : Frosty - Frostbitten feet...Finally a PICTURE of HIM *UPDATE HE GOT A HOME*!!!!!!

Anikaca77
01-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Last night I set up the trap outside my place again because their was a poor kitten outside and I knew it needed to be trapped.

I set the trap up at about 5:15 p.m. and at 7:30 p.m. I got the kitten. I took him into the bathroom and he was very upset but I understood why of course he was scared and not too happy to be a cage. I called Shirley (she's a local cat rescuer who I volunteer with and told her I caught the kitten). She told me to bring him over and we were going to put him in the cage with the other kitten I just caught a few days ago but he was very upset and after she was examing him through the cage we found out why.

He's (it's a boy!) feet were all frostbitten and he must of been in so much pain. Shirley was able to apply some antibacteria stuff on his feet through the cage and we set up his cage and he just crawled in and layed on this pillow like bed and just layed there so quiet. He must of been so happy and well I'm sure still in some pain. I was able to get a local place around town to donate $50 towards his vet visit so that will help some. The poor guy. I feel so bad for him.

Please say a pray that his feet get better.

I just got off the phone with Shirely and I'm going to be taking him to my vets today at 12 noon. Please say a pray that he won't be too scared the poor guy.

Thank you,
Melissa

Medusa
01-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Hopefully Frosty only has frost nip and not frost bite. Prayers going up that all will be well, that he won't be afraid and that he'll heal quickly and easily. :)

wolflady
01-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Awww! Poor little guy! I hope his feet are ok and not damanged from the frost.
**hugs**

phesina
01-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Prayers for Frosty that his feetsies will be okay!

catmandu
01-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Our Animal Angels are with that poor Kitten now, and trying to warm his paws up!
We pray in the name of Our All Mighty Lord God that he will not lose his paws, and that he willfind a Furr Ever Home where he will be loved!!!:love::love::love:

Karen
01-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Poor little guy! Yowch yowch yowch! Prayers on the way.

Randi
01-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh poor little boy, he must have been out there for quite some time without shelter. :( Glad you got him, and I so hope his paws will be OK.

Sending good thoughts.

GILL
01-08-2009, 04:22 PM
I know the pain. At 11 I froze both of my hands, all 10 fingers. I could not use them for almost a year. The pain was almost unbearable and went on for over 2 years. Still when the weather is changing they hurt.

I hope this baby does better. All the prayers of the CREW are being sent.

Catlady711
01-08-2009, 05:43 PM
I hope the little guy is going to be ok, poor thing.

Anikaca77
01-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Well good news so far, he tested negative for the FIV/FELV test:)! YEAH!

and the vet said that since he is knocked out right now she will go ahead and neuter him for free! :)

:D

I'm so happy about that. He will be staying the night at the vets and will be able to be picked up tomorrow!

I forgot to ask the vet about his feet but she said that everything was looking good and she did look at his claws but we'll see. I called the vets back and asked them if she looked at his feet because that's what we were really concerned about but the vet tech said that she didn't say anything about his feet but she will make sure the vet will look at them and make sure they are ok.

So we'll see on that other wise she did say he's about 18 months old I can't believe it. He's so small for his age. I just hope he's adoptable. Hopefully after all this he'll calm down and everything will go well for him.

Thanks for all the prays,
Melissa

phesina
01-08-2009, 07:27 PM
God bless you, Melissa and little Frosty.

Medusa
01-08-2009, 08:40 PM
You took him in for what you think may be frost bite and the vet forgot to check his paws? :confused: Well, at least he tested negative for the bad diseases and is neutered now. Hopefully, his paws will be fine. Please keep us posted. :)

catfamily
01-08-2009, 10:45 PM
this is so wonderful that you saved his life.
thank you....thank you so much for saving him.
i love hearing a kitty/cat being saved from the horrors of outdoors whether it's too hot or too cold.
poor kitten....i bet his littermates are around somewhere....maybe.
but who knows.
i am just so happy for this little trooper.
what color is he?

Anikaca77
01-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Sorry I forgot to repost last night the vet did check his paws and she said they looked good to her, they were a swollen the day I took him inside but the swelling must of gone down alot since he was kept indoors and warm.

I'm going to be picking him later today probably around 1:30 p.m. and I'll be taking him back to my place until Shirley calls me later on tonight and then I'll be taking him over to her place and getting signs posted up. I'm just hoping he's adoptable but I'm going to make sure I'm over their working with him and trying to be their making him adoptable hopefully.

Thank you for all your prays,
Melissa

BTW he's all grey with beautiful orange eyes...anyone interested? :):D

catmandu
01-10-2009, 04:29 PM
THATS THE BEST POSSIBLE NEWS THAT FROSTY COULD HAVE, AND A FREE NEUTERING, THATS THE SIGN OF A VERY COMPASSIONATE AND CARING VET, A TRUE HEALER!!:love::love:
THE ANIMLA NGELS ARE STARTING 1 6 WEEK HOLIDAY IN THE SOUTH SEAS , AND I AM SURE WILL BRING FROSTY SOMETHING NICE FOR BREAKFAST TOMORROW MORNING!!:love::love:

momcat
01-11-2009, 02:20 PM
How is Frosty doing? Are his little pawsies okay? Prayers continue to be prayed for sweet Frosty.

Anikaca77
01-12-2009, 09:28 AM
I talked with Shirley last night and he's not being a very nice young man. She said everytime she puts her glove in the cage he bites and he's not settling down too much. So we'll give him some time yet. She can't see his feet at the moment but the vet did check them out and said they looked just fine. I hate to see him re-released but if he's not going to calm down then I don't know what else we can do for him.

Melissa

How is Frosty doing? Are his little pawsies okay? Prayers continue to be prayed for sweet Frosty.

lvpets2002
01-12-2009, 09:48 AM
:love: So glad to hear he is doing good.. Now if this baby is a kitten = then you have plenty of time to calm him down.. Each day just talk to him & try touch gently as well with each visit..

Randi
01-12-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm glad to hear Frosty's paws are OK, that his tests were negative and he was neutered. :)

It will take some time before he feels secure in a new place, so please have patience. Sit and talk comforting to him and give him some treats, that should help.

Good luck!

Any chance of a picture? ;)

Emeraldgreen
01-12-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm so glad you rescued this little guy! He sounds very handsome. That is great that the vet neutered him for free and that Frosty's paws are on the mend.
I wonder if being in a cage is bringing out more fearful behaviour than he would normally show? Maybe a bathroom might help him to feel less scared and would allow for Shirley to socialize him more? But a small room may not be available.
Prayers that Frosty 'warms up'! :)

weluvcats
01-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Bless his heart! I am so glad that you rescued him from the elements. What a kind person you are! And how wonderful that the vet neutered him for free! I'm also happy to hear that his paws have improved. Hopefully, he'll have a full recovery.

As for his disposition, hopefully it will improve soon. I agree with Lara when she wrote:

I wonder if being in a cage is bringing out more fearful behaviour than he would normally show? Maybe a bathroom might help him to feel less scared and would allow for Shirley to socialize him more? But a small room may not be available.

Very often, being in a cage feels very confining to kitties, and their behavior suffers as a result. If an alternative can be found, hopefully things will improve. Let us know how it goes with him. In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed and say a prayer for Frosty.:)

GILL
01-13-2009, 12:46 PM
We are so glade that hispaws are all right. I'm sur that his temperment will calm down as he gets used to his new home.

Anikaca77
01-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Randi-

I'm working on getting a picture, I wasn't able to stop by yet to see him but I'm hoping to do that on Friday evening if possible. He's all grey with beautiful orange eyes.

I'm going to try to work with him as much as I can the only thing is where he's at right now the lady said their is a semi-time frame for her keeping him since she already has over 50 some cats. So I have respect that since I asked her to take him in for me. So it's up to me to find a home for him ASAP or maybe by spring time I will have to release him but she said she didn't want to wait that long to keep a hold of him so we'll see.

Anikaca77
01-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

I know it's been a while but Finally I have a picture. Right now he's up on the top cage so it's hard for me to get a great picture of him but at least you get an idea of how beautiful his eyes are. Shirley still can't pet him with her bare hands but he's not as aggressive as he was but he's not very happy either. For the past 2 days he's been hiding in the litter box. I wish their was something more I could do for him.

Here is a link to the other thread I started about the kitten I rescued about the same time as this guy.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=150003

jennielynn1970
01-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Awe.. poor boy looks scared and not very happy in that pic.

momcat
01-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Frosty, you are one handsome kitty guy! It's okay sweetie, you're safe now and nothing will ever hurt you again. You're in a PT home and it just doesn't get any better than that. Take your time, get used to your new surroundings and in time you'll see there's nothing to be scared of anymore :love: :love:

Anikaca77
01-21-2009, 06:40 AM
Momcat-

Actually he is not at my home, he's at Shirley's (fondas foundlings) because we just don't have room for one more. But he is in a good home but it's just sad that he's not being more friendly.

Hopefully he will calm down soon but only time will tell.

Melissa

Frosty, you are one handsome kitty guy! It's okay sweetie, you're safe now and nothing will ever hurt you again. You're in a PT home and it just doesn't get any better than that. Take your time, get used to your new surroundings and in time you'll see there's nothing to be scared of anymore :love: :love:

Catty1
01-21-2009, 09:36 AM
I wish there was a foster home for him so he could be out and about more.

Any PT takers?:cool:

catmandu
01-21-2009, 09:49 AM
THE ANIMAL ANGELS ARE WITH WITH FROSTY NOW, AND THEY BROUGHT HIM THE BEST STEAK FROM ALS CHAR HOUSE!
WE ARE PRAYING THAT THOSE VETS CAN HELP FROSTY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE . AND SAVED HIS PAWS.:love::love:
PRAYERS AND A CAT NIP MOUSE ARE COMING FROM US IF YOU CAN PM US AN ADDRESS:love::love:

Randi
01-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Oh, poor scared boy - but he's inside now. :) He looks wondeful and I'm sure he could become a great companion! I really hope you'll be able to find him a loving home soon, or at least a foster home for now.

Kisses to Frosty... when he'll let you, and best of luck! :love:

Anikaca77
01-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi All,

Well this afternoon I got a call from Shirley (Frosty's foster mom) letting me know that someone called about Frosty and was very interested in adopting him but she can't drive due to her MS so she wanted to know if someone would be willing to bring her the cat.

I checked my e-mail this morning and their was a message from a Kelli stating that she would like to adopt him and that she has 1 other cat that's a male and he's 1 years old.

So today I went over to Shirley's to pick up Frosty and took him to his forever home. It was about an hour drive in the snow which I didn't like but made it through just fine and he was such a good boy the whole way not even a peep.

The new owner seemed very nice and it was nice to be able to see where he was going to live and I think he'll like it their once he gets settled in.

Kelli who adopted him said that she would e-mail me with updates so that's cool.

Well take care everyone and thank you so much for your prays for him!

Melissa

phesina
01-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Wonderful news for Frosty, too! Welcome home to you too, sweetie!

weluvcats
01-25-2009, 08:30 PM
That is such great news! I'm so happy for him...Hopefully, once he gets used to his new home, mom and playmates, he'll be just fine.:) It's always so wonderful and gratifying to hear of such a good outcome for one of these homeless kitties. Bless you for all that you have done for him...You have been Frosty's angel:love:. Please let us know how he is doing!

Hugs for a job well done!!:D

Judy:)

catmandu
01-26-2009, 09:58 AM
THERE ARE TWO TOYS COMING FOR FROSTY AND HIS NEW FRIENDS FROM ALL OF US AT THE FOUND CAT PARADISE HOTEL.:love::love:
WE LOVE A HAPPY ENDING AND HOPEFULLY FROSTY CAN ADJUST TO HIS NEW HOME SOON.:love::love::love:

GILL
01-26-2009, 11:01 AM
We love a happy ending.