PDA

View Full Version : Ozonated water

IRescue452
01-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Anybody have any experience with ozonated water?

Lady's Human
01-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Ozonated water? In what respect?

Most spring water is ozonated during bottling, and as the water sits the ozone decomposes into O2.

smokey the elder
01-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Ozonation is used to kill germs. It breaks down into oxygen in a hurry, like LH said. Don't be fooled into paying extra for it; it's a scam.

shepgirl
01-08-2009, 09:32 AM
I agree, we have the bottles for sale here with the big advertisement in front of the cases. Most of the stupid water is tap water that they boil, we can do that ourselves. It is a scam, we have a well and we have the purest water around, no chemicals in it. Pretty bad when people actually get brainwashed into buying water . Maybe they should ship it all to third world countries where people have no water except in the ditches when it rains.

IRescue452
01-08-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm talking about ozonated water made on the spot and used before it breaks down. Its apparently used for various treatments. I'd be buying the machine that ozonates it. Bottled water actually has to break back down before it is put into the plastic bottles, ozone eats through plastic.

Lady's Human
01-08-2009, 11:02 AM
We had plenty of employees who tried ozonated water.....it retains the ozone for about 48 hours after bottling. It doesn't break down the plastic used in the bottles at all, otherwise the polycarbonate 5 and 6 gallon bottles wouldn't be reusable.

Effects? Diarrhea and a slight high.

IRescue452
01-08-2009, 12:53 PM
I've read those are normal effects when you first start drinking it. 48 hours is definately not what I've read, I found 20 minutes at most. I'm gonna keep researching into long term use.

Lady's Human
01-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Ozone is a higly reactive gas.

O2, good.

O3, bad.

There is no earthly reason to ingest water with a highly reactive form of oxygen in it, beyond snake oil salesmen trying to sell expensive equipment which has no real effect on anything. The diarrhea is the ozone doing it's job, killing the bacteria in your intestines.

shepgirl
01-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Didn't realize you were talking about that kind. We have a unit in a health clinic of sorts that sell and use it. They claim it's part of a treatment to clean out your system and remove toxins and wastes. Then they start you on some kind of program to supposedly make you healthier. Don't know much about it because I stay away from places like that.