PDA

View Full Version : OOPPPPSSSS!!! I did it again!!!! UPDATE #14

rg_girlca
01-07-2009, 11:21 PM
What can I say folks. I'm nothing but an old softie. I have a heart of mush.

I have a cat shelter on the front balcony hidden under a chair with a cover.
Each night I put food in there for any cat that happens to come along and wants to stay warm.
Well tonight as I was putting in more food, I heard this pitiful meow coming from downstairs. I starting calling the cat and up come this beautiful semi long hair cat, who I have NEVER seen before, and walked right up to me. We had such a bad snow storm today and the poor thing had little snowballs hanging from his belly and back end. Too make a long story short, I felt so bad for him, I brought him into my room. I got him some warm water and food and boy oh boy did he ever inhale the food. He ate about a handful of dry food and a small tin of wet food. He is a intaked male :mad: but very loving. He is very dirty also. So tomorrow I will be calling around to see if anyone is looking for him.

Here are a few pictures that I was able to take of him.

Licking his chops after inhaling the food.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Jan07-09A.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Jan07-09B.jpg

*SIGH*

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2009, 11:24 PM
He sure is a handsome boy and also a very lucky cat.:) Hopefully you'll be able to find his home. Good luck and please keep us updated.:)

Karen
01-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Aww, poor tuxie! T'was not a good day to be lost outside! I hope you are able to find his people - he's got such a luxurious coat he doesn't look like he was a stray for too long!

Medusa
01-08-2009, 06:43 AM
Aw, what a beautiful boy. Thank goodness for your mushy heart. ;)

Queen of Poop
01-08-2009, 08:12 AM
He's so beautiful, even if he is dirty. Thank you so much for taking him in.

lvpets2002
01-08-2009, 08:26 AM
:love: Awee whats a Handsome wittle gent.. Well he knew where to meow.. Smart cat.. That ok being a softy & arent we all.. :D

Taz_Zoee
01-08-2009, 09:26 AM
He sure knew where to go. :D
He reminds me of my brothers cat he had years ago named Ethan.
It sounds like he had obviously been with people. I hope you find the owners (and maybe convince them to get him neutered), and if he is not claimed, is there room for him with you? :)

catmandu
01-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Our Animal Angels :)must have guided him to your home Lorraine:love:, and said that nice Lady will help you Thomas the Tuxedo.
She is a fine Lady, and will never let any Creature of God go away hungry and cold.:love::love:
God Bless You and your kind heart, and a pox on anyone who would leave that Hnasome Fellow out in the cold.:mad:
We are praying that you can find a place in the sun for that Handsome Fellow.:D
We know he will never be cold or hungry again, he has found Sanctuary.:love::love::love:

Prairie Purrs
01-08-2009, 09:51 AM
What a gorgeous fella! Thank you for bringing this sweet boy in from the cold.

cassiesmom
01-08-2009, 09:52 AM
What a handsome tuxedo kitty, I hope you find his family or a new home for him.

Anikaca77
01-08-2009, 01:10 PM
What a beautiful boy. I sure hope he finds a great home if one isn't found.

Poor guy good thing you were keeping your ears open.

Thanks,
melissa

wolflady
01-08-2009, 03:18 PM
What a cutie! He looks like a kitty we saw that was up for adoption at the cat show last weekend. His name was "Sylvester" :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Og gosh, he is the spitting image of my own tuxie Zazou!!
http://users.telenet.be/bernardgabriels/images/ajuli17z.jpg. I hope you can find his humans!! And if not........:D:love:

rg_girlca
01-08-2009, 07:42 PM
This is AWESOME!!!!

After work I called my girlfriend who lives down the street from me to come and see the cat. I call her the "GAZETTE lady" which is the name of our newspaper, because I swear, this woman knows everyone and everything. LOL!!!!
Sure enough she knew who this beauty belonged to. So I put him in a carrier and off we went. He lives on my street, but on the next block, about half way down. Apparently, this woman adopted, "Benson"who is 3 years old, 2 weeks ago from the SPCA and had an appointment to have him neutered last Monday, Jan. 5th. BUT on Sunday, the 4th, her son left the door open, (he's 8) when he went into the house to get something and unfortunately that's when the cat must have gotten out. She didn't notice until later when the cat didn't come for his dinner. I think he just knew he was going to have the "Big Snip-snip.":D She will be making another appointment tomorrow and lectured her son on making sure that the door stays closed.
Anyway, I'm very happy to know that he will be getting fixed and will be an indoor cat.

Thank you to all who replied and yes Lut, I agree that he does look like Zazou.:)

momcat
01-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi Lorraine!
There's no doubt about it, you have a very special place in heaven. Groucho is sending you lots of purrs and headbumpies to thank you for helping his fellow kitty in need. He is quite a handsome guy and I hope he gets all the love and care he deserves from his new family.

Is he a dead ringer for Zazou or what? Amazing :eek: :eek: :eek:

cassiesmom
01-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Holy smackers! Benson and Zazou are twins :eek:

kitten645
01-09-2009, 02:41 AM
Oh goodness that is a good story! Thankfully he knew right where to go for kitty 911!
I agree he looks like Zazou, but she is definately a princess and he's a prince! She just looks like a girl. Her eyes and expression says it all:love:
Claudia

krazyaboutkatz
01-10-2009, 02:06 AM
I'm so glad to hear that you were able to find his owners and that he'll also be getting neutered soon.:)

catmandu
01-13-2009, 03:08 PM
A truly Happy Ending for Benson, as he found a safe harbor while he was lost where your kindness helped him find his way back to his Furr Ever Home.
The Found Cats and I are proud to have You as Notre Amie!!!:love::love::love:

Emeraldgreen
01-13-2009, 05:31 PM
He is one gorgeous boy! I'm so glad he has a home and that his family is getting him neutered. Hopefully if he ever sneaks out again, he'll come find you. ;)

phesina
01-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Another beautiful cat goes home .. this one to a home he already had.. thanks to our dear friend Lorraine!

catnapper
01-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Awww, Lorraine, this is why we love you! :)

What a beauty, but of course, ALL your rescues are stunning!