PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #299- A resolute gathering?

RICHARD
01-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't make resolutions anymore, I make promises!

I try to think of one easy thing to get on track with and go from there!

;) Hope you all had a nice NYE and Day......

It's been wonderful out here today, About 70 warm and sunny?
Sending you all warm wishes and good weather from out here!

How's about some sandwiches. Subs, Hoagies or Grinders and beer today?
Something easy, fast and tasty?

DONE!;)

wolflady
01-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey Richard! Happy New Year! It's been a long time since I have stopped in at Thursdays and PT in general. A grinder and beer sound great! I'm hoping things will look up for me in the new year. My husband has been looking for a job for the past 3 months, so any positive vibes or prayers that he gets one soon are most appreciated.
Hopefully everyone hasn't caught the "2 week flu" so make sure to take your vitamin C! Cheers!

Cinder & Smoke
01-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't make resolutions anymore, I make promises!

Sending you all warm wishes and good weather from out here!
DONE! ;)

THANKS, RICHARD ... but it didn't make it over ta here today ...
All we got so far is KOLD & Snow. :(
Did'ja put enough stamps onna package??

A *GRINDER* ?? :confused:

Just what is a "Grinder"?

Randi
01-07-2009, 04:52 PM
A *GRINDER* ?? :confused:

Just what is a "Grinder"?
I was just going to ask the same question, not to mention Subs or Hoagies :confused: but I'll try one nontheless! :D

And a cold SOL, please!

I suggest we all send good thoughts to Barney also. :)

pomtzu
01-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Isn't it strange how the same thing in different parts of the country are called different names? Richard - you forgot "torpedo" to go along with sub, hoagie, and grinder! :D

Moesha
01-07-2009, 05:01 PM
A grinder is a type of sandwich similiar to the sub or hoagie. Here's an explanation from wikipedia for you:

A submarine sandwich, also known as a hero, hoagie, grinder, sub, Italian sandwich, po' boy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Po%27_boy), wedge, zep, or torpedo, is a popular Italian American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_American) sandwich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich) that consists of an oblong roll (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_roll), often of Italian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_bread) or French bread (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_bread), split lengthwise, and filled with various meats, cheeses, vegetables, spices, and sauces. [1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_sandwich#cite_note-Wilson-0)[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_sandwich#cite_note-AHD-1) The sandwich has no apparent generic name, and major US (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US) cities have their own names for it.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_sandwich#cite_note-Wilson-0) The usage of the several terms varies regionally but not in any pattern, as they have been used variously by the people and enterprises who make and sell them. The terms submarine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine) and sub are widespread and not assignable to any certain region, though many of the localized terms are clustered in the northeast United States, where the most Italian Americans live.

I don't need any refreshments at the moment, but I will send some of those good thoughts to Barney boy as well.

Husky_mom
01-07-2009, 05:05 PM
I too donīt make resolutions... hey I donīt even make promises.. Iīll end up donīt doing them anyway... LOL... I just think nice things I should do... haha

and grinders is like something to munch on and grind... haha.. not sure specifically what heīs talking bout but anything to keep the jaw occupied...

we have something called Ahogaperros... (dog choker is the translation) and itīs just a "torta", a bread with cheese, ham, lettuce, and whatever you feel like having in it..

pomtzu
01-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey Richard - pour me a good stiff drink please - I need it. So far it's been a crappy start to 2009. :(

And with drink in hand - I'd like to make a toast to Barney...

It's been a pleasure knowing you Barney Boy - I just wish you could have stayed around here longer. But there must be some great plans for you at RB that we don't know about, so Godspeed to you. :love: Have a safe journey - there will be so many candles lit for you from all corners of the earth to light the way for you. Take a long deserved rest when you arrive at The Bridge, and then run and play and be healthy again. We'll all get together one day and have one heck of a party. ;) Cheers!!!

Karen
01-07-2009, 05:41 PM
It's funny, we called them grinders growing up, but I didn't know anyone outside of our area did they don't even call 'em that here, just 40+ miles away!

And, as this is Thursdays where food has no allergens or calories, I'll have a good old-fashioned grinder please, with pepperoni and ham and cheese and lettuce and tomato and pickles and onions and hot peppers ... please?

(I promise I'll share the good bits with Lady ...)

Today we had slush - shoveling snow is far preferable to pushing slush, Richard, your sunshine certainly didn't make it this far!

So a good grinder and a mug of tea, please!

Lady's Human
01-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Not that things were s bit slick this morning, but I pulled into the driveway at about 5MPH, slid about 50 feet, turned the truck sideways to avoid hitting the two cars in the driveway, backed up, got it straightened out, put it in park, went to get out, and the truck slid about 2 feet......from a dead stop!:eek:

Then I dropped my cell phone, and it proceeded to slide about 15 feet, stopping under my car.:rolleyes: Knelt down to get it, slipped, and twisted my back.

I'll take a large Irish and a side of flexoril, please!

Medusa
01-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Freezing rain last night and slush today. I'm already in my warm fuzzies, so I think I need a repeat of last Thursday's hot chocolate w/a big marshmallow in it. A sub w/jalapenos and bacon sounds reeeeaaally good right now. I'll drink a toast to Barney Boy, the sweetest little face ever.

KYS
01-07-2009, 07:01 PM
I wasn't going to make a New Years resolution either because I
always break them.
Sure enough I made one, and I broke it on the 2nd day with a 1/2
gallon of ice-cream. :p

A Hoagie and a beer sounds delicious.

RICHARD
01-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Hey Richard! Happy New Year! It's been a long time since I have stopped in at Thursdays and PT in general. A grinder and beer sound great! Cheers!

LOL, I think about people and they show up!

A grinder and a beer, a few good thoughts?

DONE!:D

C&S,

A grinder is another name for a sub! It's a regional thing?:D

Randi,

We "Amurucans" name food and the name changes from area to area.

Those all are sandwiches, made on soft bread rolls filled with meat and cheese, veggies and some kind of oil or dressing!

and a beer?

DONE!

POM,

LOL, I can't think if EVERYTHING!

MOE,

I can always count on a PTer to do research!

Thanks a TON!

HM.

LOL!

I am sorry,

The French, when they were in Mexico, left many types and styles of food, especially the hot, soft bread roll-as part of their stay.

Here's a dog choker!

A soft roll, split and smeared with avocado, mayo on the bread and tons (kilos) of stuffing, meats!

You can get them on little carts or shops and with a drink or soda are some of the best foods on the planet!

POM,
Around for the house and a toast to Barney.

God, please make this a better year and stay close to Barney?

DONE!

Karen,

Make me feel guilty?;)

One Grinder and a tea?

DONE!

LH,

DUDE!

Here's a Large Irish and a flexoril!

It sure beats a call to the insurance??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DONE!

Medusa,

Hot choco, Sub with heat and bacon?

DONE!

KYS,

HOagie and a beer?

LOL, name your ice cream!

DONE!

Everyone?

A toast to Barney!

Thanks!

---------

One thing I LOVE about Thursday's and PT is all the info you get from a thread!

Sub, grinder, po boy, hoagie, torpedo and ???????

DOG CHOKER!!

Thanks!

Lady's Human
01-07-2009, 08:03 PM
That would have been one heck of a call to the ins. Co.

" I pulled into the driveway and hit not one, but two cars after sliding on the 2" thick sheet of ice"

Hmmmm.....would I be ticketed for driving too fast for conditions?

Who'd write the ticket?

Cinder & Smoke
01-07-2009, 09:09 PM
" I pulled into the driveway and hit not one, but two cars
after sliding on the 2" thick sheet of ice"

Who'd write the ticket?

Your Room Mate - iffin you bent her grocery getter!

;)

RICHARD
01-07-2009, 10:36 PM
LH,
It depends?

Either a caveman, gecko, lady with the behive hairdo or the actor from 24- dang, the guy that played the president on the second season?:rolleyes::D

DJFyrewolf36
01-08-2009, 02:04 AM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to extend my well wishes and prayers to those that need it!

*HUGS* to my pt family

lvpets2002
01-08-2009, 08:29 AM
:) I as well send my well wishes & prayers to all.. Now could I have a Gyro & a LIT with fruit please.. Ok Ok Orc I will order you one of each.. Ok Richard make that 2 Gyros & 2 LIT.. :D
Hi everyone! I just wanted to extend my well wishes and prayers to those that need it!

*HUGS* to my pt family

smokey the elder
01-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Where I grew up (in western Mass.) we called them grinders. Meatball grinders were a standard in the winter... yum!

cassiesmom
01-08-2009, 10:14 AM
One of my resolutions was to be more decisive and less wishy-washy. So I've decided (even though it's only 10:12am - a little early for lunch) that I'd like one of these. Dill pickle on the side, please and hold the salami.

Cuban sandwich
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Cuban sandwich is a variation of a ham and cheese originally created by Cuban workers, either in Cuba or in the immigrant community of Ybor City in Tampa, Florida. Later, Cubans brought it to other communities in southern Florida, particularly Key West and Miami where it is very popular. The sandwich is made with ham, roasted pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard, and sometimes salami on Cuban bread.

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Hey everyone,
Karen, it's a good thing Thursday's food is allergen free because otherwise Lady would be out of luck too. LH just took her to the vet today and she possibly has a touch of arthritis so she's on glucosamine and condroitin, she has to eat a more hypo allergenic food and treats. She's also back on the prednizone again. Puppy with the munchies, yahoo.

Richard I'd like a BLT grinder please and beer. I brought chips to go with everyone's sandwiches. I think there's an assortment of kinds so everyone help yourselves to some.

lvpets2002
01-08-2009, 12:52 PM
:) Yum chips & that sounds good with our Gyros.. Orc Orc dont even be looking at LOH like that.. :p Oh no there he goes after the chips && of course there goes a bowl in the air & chips on our heads.. No No Orc dont be throwing them.. Come over here & sit down while us ladies clean up the mess..:D

DJFyrewolf36
01-08-2009, 01:33 PM
ooo CHIPS! Are they the yummy kettle cooked kind? I loved going to the carnival as a little kid and watching the guy make chips in a big kettle. Fresh chips are the best!

Anyone have anything for three bored cats? Hubby is asleep still and I'm wide awake and they are unsure as to if they can make noise or not lol.

Maybe a QUIET toy for them is in order...

RICHARD
01-08-2009, 02:30 PM
:) I as well send my well wishes & prayers to all.. Now could I have a Gyro & a LIT with fruit please.. Ok Ok Orc I will order you one of each.. Ok Richard make that 2 Gyros & 2 LIT.. :D

Two gyros and two LIITs!

You know you have to be in charge of the Orc if he gets drunk?;)

STE.

Meatball Grinder?

DONE!

CM,
I forgot the Cubano!

One Cube, no salami, pickle on the side!

DONE!

LOH,
One BLT and a beer, two hugs for Lady and some chips!

DONE!

OH, I love the Jalapeno Kettle Chips, until the next day! Thanks!

DJ,

Chips and a quiet toy?

DONE?:confused:

LOL, you know that they will turn into the Thundering Hordes!

davidpizzica
01-08-2009, 03:57 PM
RICHARD, I'm SO hungry for an Italian hoagie with NO lettuce. Take it easy on the Orc! I can barely control him whn he's sober!!

lvpets2002
01-08-2009, 04:33 PM
:) Well maybe thats our problem Orc is sober.. Lets give him a couple more LIT & Gyros with Chips.. No Orc David did not say he wanted a Italian Kettle.. Orc get the chips out of your ears so you can hear ok..:D Oh for DJF three bored kitty babies we serve some CatNip Tea & fluff fluffss..
RICHARD, I'm SO hungry for an Italian hoagie with NO lettuce. Take it easy on the Orc! I can barely control him whn he's sober!!

Grace
01-08-2009, 04:39 PM
One of my resolutions was to be more decisive and less wishy-washy. So I've decided (even though it's only 10:12am - a little early for lunch) that I'd like one of these. Dill pickle on the side, please and hold the salami.

Cuban sandwich
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Cuban sandwich is a variation of a ham and cheese originally created by Cuban workers, either in Cuba or in the immigrant community of Ybor City in Tampa, Florida. Later, Cubans brought it to other communities in southern Florida, particularly Key West and Miami where it is very popular. The sandwich is made with ham, roasted pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard, and sometimes salami on Cuban bread.

I'll take one of these, also. And a huge LIT. and another toast for Barney.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I've been on a diet for a long time. So I think I earned my NY's drink, one with heaps of sweet calories :p:).
What do you suggest Richard??

RICHARD
01-08-2009, 05:38 PM
M&I,

Something with orange juice!

A screwdriver or a Tequila sunrise?:D

Done?

Grace,

LOL, I stopped in after my baseball fix......Dang, I am a bigger fan than I let on!

Un Cubano and a LIIT?
DONE!

LP,

LOL,
I don't know who we have to watch more! You, the Orc or both of you together! More LIITs, Gyros and some CNT for DJ's kitties?

DONE!

David.

One Hoagie, no lettuce?

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Morning everyone! I guess I'll get the coffee, tea and whatever going. I think we need a nice big breakfast buffet to get those of us who are dealing with cold through the morning. I've also made sure there is hot cocoa and chai for those who don't indulge in the nectar of the Gods (if you're wondering that would be coffee).
Orc now that all the chips are cleaned up let's get the fire going too. It'll be nice and toastie in here in no time. Lady come over here by the fire and warm up those joints.

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Hey Richard,
I gots a question fer ya,
Are we going to have a big shindig for Thursday's 300 next week? And has there ever been a week that Thursday's wasn't open?

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-09-2009, 06:53 AM
M&I,

Something with orange juice!

A screwdriver or a Tequila sunrise?:D

Done?

Sounds perfect to me!! Normally I cannot have any alcohol (gives me migraine); but since this is a virtual drink....;):p
Let's have a double screwdriver!!:D

Do you have some macadamia nuts? I love those, but they are very hard to find here!

davidpizzica
01-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Morning everyone! I guess I'll get the coffee, tea and whatever going. I think we need a nice big breakfast buffet to get those of us who are dealing with cold through the morning. I've also made sure there is hot cocoa and chai for those who don't indulge in the nectar of the Gods (if you're wondering that would be coffee).
Orc now that all the chips are cleaned up let's get the fire going too. It'll be nice and toastie in here in no time. Lady come over here by the fire and warm up those joints.

Thanks for opening up the bar, LOH. I can use a BIG cup of the "Nectar of the Gods" right now to warm up with and whatever munchies that are there. Tomorrow I'll be watching a lot of snow come down (did you ever see it go up?!).

lvpets2002
01-09-2009, 09:24 AM
:) For sure seen snow go up = depends on how many LIT you have.. :p And just think Richard was worried about us.. :D
Thanks for opening up the bar, LOH. I can use a BIG cup of the "Nectar of the Gods" right now to warm up with and whatever munchies that are there. Tomorrow I'll be watching a lot of snow come down (did you ever see it go up?!).

Karen
01-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Oh, David, of course I've see the snow go up! Up, down, and sideways at varying angles ... the fun of Massachusetts weather! Snow going up is particularly present in the city with the winds between tall buildings, but also happens in just plain hilly paces, too!

Mmm, nice mug of chai, please. Lady, old girl, I'll give you a good bellyrub, okay? I'll make some omelets with cheese or what-have-you, enough to share.

slick
01-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Barney is crossing over the Bridge right about now.
Maybe we could dim the lights and say a little prayer for a smooth trip.

RICHARD
01-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Godspeed Barney.

:(

---------
Let me refill your cups!

LOH,

Thursday's has never been closed, I have missed about 5 weeks due to comp problems and such. Someone has always opened the bar when that happened.

300 is HUGE, and another right after that one!;)

Let me think about the theme....suggestions welcome!

Chai, macadamia nuts, LIITs, coffee and a double screwdriver?

DONE!

wolflady
01-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Gosh, I swear you could see a glow of all the candles burning for Barney from space! ;)
Rest in peace Barn. I'm glad you got to know love, warmth and happiness.

Wow, I can't believe we're going to be hitting the 300th Thursdays. Hmmm...300 should be the theme, you know, like the movie? *grins*

RICHARD
01-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Gosh, I swear you could see a glow of all the candles burning for Barney from space! ;)
Rest in peace Barn. I'm glad you got to know love, warmth and happiness.

Wow, I can't believe we're going to be hitting the 300th Thursdays. Hmmm...300 should be the theme, you know, like the movie? *grins*

Point taken!

:D

Drink?

wolflady
01-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Point taken!

:D

Drink?

Absolutely! How about an Irish Whiskey! ;) Cheers!

DJFyrewolf36
01-09-2009, 09:48 PM
WE ARE SPARTA! Funny thing, I'm in the Spartan tribe on this game called Tribal Wars (http://www.tribalwars.net) check it out if you would like, I have a feeling some of you would enjoy it. Join world 30 and go to the southwest area and look me up. My screename there is fyrewolfseahawk :)

I'll drink to 300 Thursdays and to 300 more after that! :D

RICHARD
01-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Absolutely! How about an Irish Whiskey! ;) Cheers!

DONE!!!!!

LOL, I see a theme in the making!

-------------

DJ,

LOL,
300 drinks?

I'll be busy for a while filling that order!

DONE!

slick
01-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Went to the doctor today......

She told me I had to quit drinking.......:(:(:(

....but this is a virtual bar.:D

Round 'em up partna. Slide those doubles my way if you please and don't forget the "beer for my horses."

Good to see you back Wolflady. Prayers that husband finds a job real soon.:love:

RICHARD
01-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Went to the doctor today......

She told me I had to quit drinking.......:(:(:(

....but this is a virtual bar.:D

Round 'em up partna. Slide those doubles my way if you please and don't forget the "beer for my horses."

Good to see you back Wolflady. Prayers that husband finds a job real soon.:love:

And Whiskey for YOU!

I think the Doc meant don't over do the drinking....

Karen
01-09-2009, 11:33 PM
But in the Movie "300" everyone dies - I don't wanna emulate that here! Those Spartans were a truly odd society, though admirable in courage, at least.

No battle to death for us, please!

But I'll mix up some good hot chocolate with cinnamon and marshmallows for those that want 'em and marshmallow fluff for those who want that.

Sure, Lady, you can clean the marshmallow fluff spoon when I'm done, just don't tell Daddy, okay?

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Mmmmm, Karen,
That sounds good I'll take one of those. Lady, why are you all sticky and what is this white stuff around your mouth?

I made some French toast with cinnamon and a bit of vanilla, any takers. There's bacon too and of course coffee.

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Well Orc it looks like we're here by ourselves today. Let's get this fire going maybe that will bring folks in. I think I'll make myself some hot cocoa with marshmallows and some pumpkin bread.:D

RICHARD
01-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Well Orc it looks like we're here by ourselves today. Let's get this fire going maybe that will bring folks in. I think I'll make myself some hot cocoa with marshmallows and some pumpkin bread.:D

Not so fast there!:D

I'll fire? You pour?

Ohh,

Just thought of a killer cookie.

Peanut butter, Nutella and fluff?:eek:

WHISKERS!

I will make a BBQ later on. I just discovered a marinate that the local store does. I have tried the pork, I have some chicken in the freezer and plan on scooting out to get some beef!

I'll make some red and green salsa too! MILD of course!

IT is a football day today-it's too much of a lazy day to do any work!

Thanks for Brekkie!

Not quite DONE! Yet!:D

davidpizzica
01-10-2009, 01:40 PM

LOH & Orc, thanks for the roaring fire! Pittsburgh is being hit with every form of precip from snow to rain, and it's cold here, too. French toast and big mug of coffee will do the trick. After that, a lounge chair by the fire.

DJFyrewolf36
01-10-2009, 09:28 PM
I'll help you guys with the fire! Sorry if Im a bit slow, you ever try to tell cats to haul wood? :D

Lets make a big pot of soup, its still pretty chilly out I think!

davidpizzica
01-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I'll help you guys with the fire! Sorry if Im a bit slow, you ever try to tell cats to haul wood? :D

It's understandable, DJF! You have to
go into it in detail with them so they catch on!

DJFyrewolf36
01-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Somehow I think cats get a lot more than we give them credit...they just choose not to listen :rolleyes:

They train us pretty easily!

RICHARD
01-11-2009, 04:13 PM

Pea, lima bean, white bean or 15 bean soup?

WIth BACON!

DONE!

David and DJ,

The cats stop to scratch the bark I bet!:D

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah, with them scratching the wood it burns to fast when it's reduced to shavings.

Well I know LH likes split pea, I like cream of mushroom myself or some good old chicken noodle.

Davidp,
I hope you're staying warm in all that icky weather and be careful in that freezing rain.

How about some cheese samiches to go with the soup. And don't forget the crackers.

Medusa
01-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey, I've got lots of homemade ham and bean soup w/dumplings, a big pot of it. How about that and some warm corn bread? There's plenty for everybody. I've had a fire going for two straight days now. :)

RICHARD
01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Hey, I've got lots of homemade ham and bean soup w/dumplings, a big pot of it. How about that and some warm corn bread? There's plenty for everybody. I've had a fire going for two straight days now. :)

LOL, I have to buy a new grate for my fireplace. The back end had melted!

Ham and bean? DONE!:D

LOH,

I think that David doesn't care, His Steelers are won today!:D

davidpizzica
01-12-2009, 06:16 AM

LOH,

You're right, RICHARD! The Steelers and those terrible towels were out in full force to defeat San Diego! C'mon Ravens!

Medusa
01-12-2009, 06:44 AM

LOH,

My son will be celebrating, too. He's for the Steelers. I guess I should be, too, since I'm from Pgh. but all I can honestly say I know about football is that the ball is shaped funny.

pomtzu
01-12-2009, 07:37 AM
And I'm a happy camper - the EAGLES won!

RICHARD
01-12-2009, 10:46 AM
I think we can have a cup of coffee to celebrate.

Glad that SD lost! I heard about the feud the SD QB he had with the Broncos QB and I found myself disliking San Diego even more!:eek:

Coffee for the house!

DONE!

M,

The ball isn't the only thing shaped funny! Look at the guys that play on the line!;)

smokey the elder
01-12-2009, 10:49 AM
It's going to get REALLY cold here this week! I'll have some hot chocolate with some whipped cream, please.

RICHARD
01-12-2009, 10:51 AM
It's going to get REALLY cold here this week! I'll have some hot chocolate with some whipped cream, please.

Not to be a smartarse.....

IT'S HOT out here and windy!

One hot choco......stay warm!

DONE!

lvpets2002
01-12-2009, 10:52 AM
:) Same here.. The way I see it they will make the superbowl.. I dont see the next game a problem for them.. They are some go getters for sure.. Of course our Dallas Cowboys were out of the loop early in the season..:rolleyes:

davidpizzica
01-12-2009, 12:19 PM

How does an all Pennsylvania super bowl sound?

pomtzu
01-12-2009, 02:14 PM

They were talking about that on the Phila news this morning. I think it would be awesome!!! And if the Eagles won - Phila would go wild. First the Phillies and then the Eagles in the same year - almost impossible to imagine!

I'm still in shock that the Eagles have made it this far - considering how bad they looked just a few weeks ago! :eek:

RICHARD
01-12-2009, 02:20 PM
All you Pennsylvania sports nuts....

Please don't tell PAM...I still have to live down the World Series....:eek:;)

pomtzu
01-12-2009, 02:21 PM
:) Same here.. The way I see it they will make the superbowl.. I dont see the next game a problem for them.. They are some go getters for sure.. Of course our Dallas Cowboys were out of the loop early in the season..:rolleyes:

OMG - be careful that somebody doesn't hear you say that. A Texan hoping the Eagles win? Your fellow Texans will run you out of the state!!! :eek::D

The Eagles are known too well for losing the games that they should win, and vise-versa. I'm just crossing my fingers that they can pull it off.

pomtzu
01-12-2009, 02:24 PM
All you Pennsylvania sports nuts....

Please don't tell PAM...I still have to live down the World Series....:eek:;)

I'm sure it's too late. She probably heard the city going wild all the way to her house. She's not all that far from Phila! :D

DJFyrewolf36
01-12-2009, 02:54 PM
I won't bore you with my thoughts on the Steelers lol. Lets just say I am STILL a bitter Seahawks fan...

Yeah yeah I know, let it go. Right? ;)

I guess I can't be too upset considering how LOUSY Seattle has looked lately. *hides in a corner*

I myself am rooting for Arizona to win it all...but I've always been a champion for the underdog ;) that and John says if they win its a sure sign of the end of the world :rolleyes: :D

pomtzu
01-12-2009, 03:38 PM
I myself am rooting for Arizona to win it all...but I've always been a champion for the underdog ;) that and John says if they win its a sure sign of the end of the world :rolleyes: :D

OMG - Nostradamus didn't predict that too, did he? :D:D:D

Killearn Kitties
01-12-2009, 03:46 PM
OMG - Nostradamus didn't predict that too, did he? :D:D:D
No he didn't, but there will be someone out there willing to try to convince you that he did.

pomtzu
01-12-2009, 03:55 PM
No he didn't, but there will be someone out there willing to try to convince you that he did.

I don't doubt that! :D

DJFyrewolf36
01-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Ye, in the land with no rain a group of birds shall become champions of their realm and all in the realm shall celebrate...

for it will never happen again ;)

jennielynn1970
01-12-2009, 09:42 PM

I think it sounds great!!! I want to see the Steelers beat the Eagles' butts!!!

davidpizzica
01-13-2009, 06:02 AM
I think it sounds great!!! I want to see the Steelers beat the Eagles' butts!!!

Amen to that, Jenn! Never underestimate the power of the Terrible Towel or Big Ben!

pomtzu
01-13-2009, 06:49 AM
Amen to that, Jenn! Never underestimate the power of the Terrible Towel or Big Ben!

Party-poopers! :eek::D