PDA

View Full Version : I finally got a new vacuum cleaner!!

Randi
01-07-2009, 11:06 AM
I've waiting for a long time to get one I wanted - on SALE of course. Yesterday, I got a Miele S4281. It was down DKR 700,- I managed to get it home on the back of my bike too! :cool:

Fister loves the box, of course! :D

lvpets2002
01-07-2009, 12:35 PM
:) Well thats a cute vacuum cleaner.. Never seen one like that over here in the USA.. Now you say bike = do you mean bicycle or motorcycle??

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-07-2009, 12:40 PM
That is one of the best vacuum cleaners!! We used to have a Miele too; but in our new house, we have a central vacuuming system:)

Aw Fister, your mommy got you a great new box!! Moms are the best!!

lvpets2002
01-07-2009, 12:41 PM
:) Lut may I ask what is a central vacuuming system??
That is one of the best vacuum cleaners!! We used to have a Miele too; but in our new house, we have a central vacuuming system:)

Randi
01-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Now you say bike = do you mean bicycle or motorcycle??
LOL! Could you picture me on a motorcycle! :eek: No, I have a bicycle, and I'm glad Copenhagen is quite flat. ;)

Lut, I wish I had a central vacuuming system - I have to drag it around, but then, it's not a huge vacuum cleaner - still very effective. :)

lvpets2002
01-07-2009, 12:47 PM
:) I am like you on flat land.. Wheee I cant do hills very good.. Now down hill I can zoom zoom..:D
LOL! Could you picture me on a motorcycle! :eek: No, I have a bicycle, and I'm, glad Copenhagen is quite flat. ;)

Lut, I wish I had a central vacuuming system - I have to drag it around, but then, it's not a huge vacuum cleaner - still very effective. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-07-2009, 12:54 PM
The motor (engine) is in the garage. Every room is connected with this by a tube! That is the reason why you can only install this system in a NEW house. The advantage of this system that you don't have to drag a vacuumer all around your house, to every place where you want to vacuum! The only thing you have to do is carry a light weight hose, and connect it to a lid in the wall; there are 3 lids in every room. So you can reach every possible corner of your house!! VERY handy!! AND very good for someone with a painful back!!

Oh my, I hope you understand the system; my English seems to be insufficient here....:o:rolleyes:

Barbara
01-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Congrats on your Miele, Randi (it's the BMW of vacuum cleaners ;))
And thanks for explaining the central vacuum system- never heard about that. It sounds like something out of a SF novel ;)

lvpets2002
01-07-2009, 12:58 PM
:) Oh WoW I sure wish I had that.. I have never heard of that overhere in the USA.. But you know I will check into it.. Now did you install it just like you would central heating & cooling right?? Now does it make alot of noise?? Does the cats get freaked with it??

The motor (engine) is in the garage. Every room is connected with this by a tube! That is the reason why you can only install this system in a NEW house. The advantage of this system that you don't have to drag a vacuumer all around your house, to every place where you want to vacuum! The only thing you have to do is carry a light weight hose, and connect it to a lid in the wall; there are 3 lids in every room. So you can reach every possible corner of your house!! VERY handy!! AND very good for someone with a painful back!!

Oh my, I hope you understand the system; my English seems to be insufficient here....:o:rolleyes:

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-07-2009, 12:59 PM
I will try to make pics of the system tomorrow!! Come back to look!!

Edwina's Secretary
01-07-2009, 01:10 PM
:) Oh WoW I sure wish I had that.. I have never heard of that overhere in the USA.. But you know I will check into it.. Now did you install it just like you would central heating & cooling right?? Now does it make alot of noise?? Does the cats get freaked with it??

When I was in high school (and that was a long time ago!:rolleyes:) a family for which I babysat had one of these systems installed when they built their house. It was the first one I ever saw and I can't say I've seen one since.

Congrats on your new Cadillac (or BMW;);)) of Vacuums Randi! One thing I have learned in life is the importance of a GOOD vacuum!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-08-2009, 03:48 AM
:)
Now did you install it just like you would central heating & cooling right?? Now does it make alot of noise?? Does the cats get freaked with it??

Yup!
No, the noise is limited to the garage, because that is where the motor is. The cats are not scared at all, because of this! VERY comfortable!
this is the hose:
http://users.telenet.be/bernardgabriels/images/inka%20en%20stofzuiger2.jpg

the motor in the garage (sorry, I didn't turn the pic..). The brown part is where all the dust is collected in. We have to empty it 4 times per year.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/001-1.jpg

and one of the "connection" openings
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/002.jpg

lvpets2002
01-08-2009, 08:19 AM
:eek: WoW thats just all too neat.. I wonder how come no-one has ever had this over here in the USA.. Lets me be doing some research.. Many Thanks for the info & pics Lut..
Yup!
No, the noise is limited to the garage, because that is where the motor is. The cats are not scared at all, because of this! VERY comfortable!
this is the hose:
http://users.telenet.be/bernardgabriels/images/inka%20en%20stofzuiger2.jpg

the motor in the garage (sorry, I didn't turn the pic..). The brown part is where all the dust is collected in. We have to empty it 4 times per year.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/001-1.jpg

and one of the "connection" openings
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/002.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-08-2009, 09:02 AM
I forgat to add that the dust doesn't only just goes to the dustcollector in the garage. That is the way the "heavier" stuff goes to! The really fine dust goes into a pipe that brings it all up to the roof, into the air!
I also didn't tell that this system is so much healthier for persons with a allergy against dust!! Both our kids have that, and they feel much better since we live here!!

I am so amazed that this system is unknown to so many!! It is a big succes here in Belgium and in the Netherlands!
It is rather pricy though....

prechrswife
01-08-2009, 09:06 AM
We just got a new vacuum, too--so much better than the old, worn-out one. (The old one was hubby's back when he was a bachelor, so it has been around for quite awhile.)

As for central vacuums in the US, we lived in a parsonage that had one installed, and that was in metro-Atlanta, GA. My mother-in-law has one in her house, too, also in Georgia. I don't know that they are that unusual.

Lillycat
01-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Randi.....for some reason couldnt send a reply out, so doing so now.....Thanks for all your kind thoughts. Lilly