PDA

View Full Version : Pictured: Dog owner risks his life by ...

ChrisH
01-06-2009, 08:57 AM
... plunging into icy pond to rescue his pet (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1105445/Pictured-Dog-owner-risks-life-plunging-icy-pond-rescue-pet.html)

Taz_Zoee
01-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Wow! I'm sure I would have done the same thing if I were in that situation. As would most of us here on PT.
That is sure one lucky and loved dog! :D

Lori Jordan
01-06-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm happy to hear the dog is alright,I agree with taz..i would do the same.Im so nervous of things like that happening,my sister used to live right on the redeau her back yard was a lake,and her dog Reese would always adventure out onto the ice.Nothing ever happend thank god but it always sits in the back of your mind"What If"

pomtzu
01-06-2009, 09:56 AM
I am also in agreement. I would have done the same thing!

lvpets2002
01-06-2009, 10:38 AM
:love: Of course would have done the same thing.. Thats what we would do for our children.. Such a brave loving man with a brave loving puppy..

shepgirl
01-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Reminds me of our polar bear swim we have every year - this year it was -22 C and very icy but everyone jumped in to do it. Great way to make extra money for the homeless.
But I have to agree, I think we all would forget the cold and jump in to rescue one of our pets if we saw it fall into icy waters.

scrain2329
01-06-2009, 01:49 PM
100% i would be in there! no doubt about it. One of my dads friend has a lab who is a hunter as well and when she was a pup he has trained her to get out of ice shelfs like that. Obviously its not like it will work in certain situations but she hasn't needed to be pulled out yet. When she was a pup he would put waders on and put her in the water with an ice shelf. He has taught her to put her front paws up and swing her back leg around instead of clinging and getting her back feet under the ice! It is so cool to watch she sits completely still and you can see her little bum float to the top her tail smacks the water and her back right leg goes back and swings up and forward and shes out. it is so cool! I wish every puppy new this! :p

Louie and me
01-06-2009, 03:42 PM
That reminds me of one of my worst frights. Walking in the park with a bunch of other dog owners. Five dogs go sniffing in the bush, four come out. Where's Louie? And there he was fallen through the ice and wimpering because he couldn't get out. A wonderful hero, another dog owner was on the ice before I could even react, slid over towards Louie before actually going through the ice himself. Eventually they both got out. The man just put his coat back on and went home for a hot shower, Louie went to the vets to check for hypothermia which he didn't have thank heavens. Did he learn his lesson - of course not. Next morning he was trying to go back into the same area of bush but this time he had a leash on.

lute
01-07-2009, 02:33 PM
I agree with everyone else. I would have been in that lake too...even if it weren't my dog. Great pics of the situation.