PDA

View Full Version : Could this be related?

jazzcat
01-06-2009, 12:11 AM
I had to unplug the Feliway Plug-ins because after I changed the refill last time Rumor peed on the floor below it about an hour later and then again the next day. It obviously was bothering her so I unplugged it and the other one. Shortly after that is when Decker began peeing blood and having problem urinating. After tests the vet said he didn't have an infection or crystals that it is FLUTD and put him on Cosequin and said to try to keep him stress free. This was all right before Christmas so no chance of stress free but now that things have gotten back to normal Decker is still trying to urinate frequently. There is no blood but he goes constantly and now he's hanging off the side of the box and peeing little puddles down the side. He's constantly licking himself and he's reverted back to being very timid and scared. He's been that way every since the ordeal of taking him to the vet and having to leave him overnight the week before Christmas. I've had to feed the poor boy under the bed a few times because he was spooked from company. He used to always come for food and never been that bad before.

Anyway, could unplugging the Feliway Plug-ins be the change that started all this for him? I've noticed everyone in the house is fighting more but that was kind of going on before I unplugged them. I don't know what to do because I'm afraid Rumor will pee everywhere if I plug them in but what if it's the thing keeping Decker stress free. What do you think?

I thought about trying Catty's Feliway collar but Decker has never worn a collar and I'm afraid that would be entirely too stress for him - and probably me.

Laura's Babies
01-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Hummmm... no idea.. Isn't that they stuff where you could rub a little in his ear if he won't wear a collar?

Taz_Zoee
01-06-2009, 09:58 AM
I got a collar for Taz (who has never worn a collar either) and it's a very light weight material and it fastens with velcro. It's also stretchy but not so stretchy he could take it off easily. Here is a link (http://www.thecatconnection.com/page/TCC/PROD/BEST/BEASTIEBANDS&AFFIL=60pP7f3K?gclid=CNi78LKn-pcCFRlRagodkEOCDA). Taz didn't seem to even notice it was on him.

jazzcat
01-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Hummmm... no idea.. Isn't that they stuff where you could rub a little in his ear if he won't wear a collar?
No, Feliway is just that room spray or wall diffuser. It's not a drug. I've been using it for years to try to keep the peace and curb any inappropriate peeing but that one time I changed the refill on the plug-in and it started Rumor peeing. Go figure! My vet says she's never had any luck with Feliway and it even had bad results with her six cats.

Laura's Babies
01-06-2009, 01:09 PM
HU..., those collars sound llike they would be easy to make.. I think it is Rescue Remedy I was thinking about maybe..?

Freedom
01-06-2009, 05:34 PM
I've used Catty1's method successfully with my Vita for several months now. Give it a go! With luck, the calming effect of the pheronomes will overcome the stress of wearing a collar, for Decker.

Maybe get a collar with NO bell for him!

moosmom
01-07-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't know if this IS related. But my friend had an electric potpourri burner. She had just unplugged it, so the wax was still a liquid. The smell appealed to the cats and a couple sipped from it. Turns out it's toxic to cats.

If this stuff is as strong as the other stuff my friends cats ingested, I'd get the kitty to the vet and FAST.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.