PDA

View Full Version : I saw a dog run over and am so upset!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-05-2009, 06:36 PM
:( I was outside my house a few hours ago and saw a car run over and kill a dog. Poor dog never had a chance. I have no idea whose dog it was. There were two of them chasing each other.

I know they had no business in the street but the driver never even slowed down. He didn't even look in his mirror. He did look at me while I was screaming at him: "you hit that dog! You Jerk!!!" Did he stop? NO!

I was pretty sure the dog was dead specially since another car hit it after that. With no car, I couldn't get it to the vet even if I could have gotten to it. My arthritis is so bad right now, I can hardly walk.

The only thing I could do was call the police. They sent the animal control officer over to take care of the poor thing.

That car did not need to hit the dog. There were two cars ahead of it that slowed down and missed it. It looked like he went right for it. I hope maybe he was trying to avoid it but it didn't look like it.

I came in and threw up after I called the police. Now I can't stop shaking. Poor poor dog.

One good thing, I know it's not my neighbor boy's dog. He was walking his between out houses and his was on a leash. Luckily, he didn't see that other dog get killed.

Sorry for ranting. It just haunts me. :(

lizbud
01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
I am so sorry this happened & very sorry that you had to witness it.:(:(

(((Hugs)))

KYS
01-05-2009, 06:52 PM
I agree,
In fact just thinking of you I am starting to get upset.
How uncaring and cruel of the driver if done on purpose and not to stop.
My heart goes out to you for having to see it.

Karen
01-05-2009, 06:54 PM
I am sorry you had to witness this and sorry for the poor dog. Hopefully one of the other drivers will come forward with the idiot's license plate number or something.

Know, dear one, that there is nothing you could have done to prevent it. Maybe write a letter to the local paper or call them, to guilt the driver into confessing.

Sending you hugs, and a shoulder to cry on.

Daisy and Delilah
01-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I am also very sorry this happened and you had to see it. Few things could upset me more than that. Especially when someone doesn't even try to stop, no matter what. I am a big fan of karma.:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Medusa
01-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Sure you're upset; I would be, too. I'm sorry that it happened and that you had to see it. The only words of comfort that I can offer are that the dog is now free. :love:

TamanduaGirl
01-05-2009, 08:59 PM
I totally freaked when a car ran over a chihuahua who crossed the street to see mine. I had waved at them to try to get them to see it and stop. Was just as shocked he got back up and ran back across the street. I cornered him till his owner and AC showed up. He had a bloody mouth but got lucky ans was fine. Nope driver did not stop either. Another driver stopped and said he knew who they were but suddenly said he didn't once AC showed up and left. I was looking at the dog ad my mom didn't remember anything about them either. I just remember one of the ladies in the car had poofy hair.

zippy-kat
01-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Know, dear one, that there is nothing you could have done to prevent it. Maybe write a letter to the local paper or call them, to guilt the driver into confessing.

:( Oh how sad! Poor dog! Poor you!!!

I really like Karen's idea of writing the paper. Even if they don't step forward, maybe they'll hesitate before they mow down someone else's animal. An accident is one thing but to intentionally do it is just absolutely CRUEL.

{{hugs, hugs, & more hugs}}

momoffuzzyfaces
01-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks everyone. It means a lot to me that you care.

I just keep thinking, "what if that had been a child?" :(

The animal control officer came and took the poor thing away. He's running and playing at the Bridge now. I'm hoping he has a little human friend who needs a pal too, to play with. :love:

Scooter's Mom
01-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks everyone. It means a lot to me that you care.

I just keep thinking, "what if that had been a child?" :(

The animal control officer came and took the poor thing away. He's running and playing at the Bridge now. I'm hoping he has a little human friend who needs a pal too, to play with. :love:

My cousin Wade passed away at 10 from Leukemia. He loved each and every animal so much! I bet he's already found this doggie and made it one of his own now. I'm sure the dog and Wade were fast friends. ((Hugs)) for you for having seen the accident.

carole
01-06-2009, 02:30 PM
what a lovely thing to write and think, scooters mom I am sure this wee doggie is with your cousin too.

I am sorry you had to see this, how awful, it is illegal to hit and animal and not stop in my country, but of course not many people ever get taken up for it, is it over there, if you had got his licence plate number, then he would be charged maybe, yes /no, still it all happens so fast eh? i only ever once saw a dog hit, but the driver stopped and heaps of people helped, but it really distressed me seeing it in pain,so i know how you must be feeling.

Very sad indeed, big gentle hug to you,and try not to think about it too much, as it will just continue to haunt you.:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
01-06-2009, 05:38 PM
what a lovely thing to write and think, scooters mom I am sure this wee doggie is with your cousin too.

I am sorry you had to see this, how awful, it is illegal to hit and animal and not stop in my country, but of course not many people ever get taken up for it, is it over there, if you had got his licence plate number, then he would be charged maybe, yes /no, still it all happens so fast eh? i only ever once saw a dog hit, but the driver stopped and heaps of people helped, but it really distressed me seeing it in pain,so i know how you must be feeling.

Very sad indeed, big gentle hug to you,and try not to think about it too much, as it will just continue to haunt you.:love:

I so agree!!! Scooter's Mom really made me feel better thinking the dog already has a best pal with Wade.

You all have helped me so much.

I did try and see the licence plate number but the truck was pulling a trailer thingy and I couldn't see it. :(

Giselle
01-06-2009, 08:07 PM
We had an incident over here recently where two cars knowingly hit a bicyclist and left her to die. It was very gruesome. I remember hearing that the first car slowed after they hit her and the second car dragged her several feet. Most of the witnesses weren't even able to comply with the police because they were in too much shock.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/12/30/state/n060004S84.DTL

I don't know whether it is deliberate cruelty or fear or both. Whatever it is, it's deplorable.

shepgirl
01-06-2009, 08:09 PM
I think all of us would feel exactly the way you do had we witnessed the same thing you had to. Sorry you had to see the whole sordid mess but I think a letter to your local paper is a geat idea. Wouldn't hurt if you could remember some details of the car, like colour, model etc. The guilty party will recognize himself and if your description of the vehicle is good so will many of his aquaintances.

elizabethann
01-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Some people just suck. What a miserable person to not stop. I can't imagine doing that. I'm sorry you witnessed that. I would be as upset as you. I'd probably have to hospitalized if I ever saw something like that. Here's a hug ().

P.S. I like Karen's idea of writing to the newspaper.

MoonandBean
01-07-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm sure the little guy never knew what hit him and passed quickly. Thanks for making sure he was taken care of! Sometimes the only thing we can do when we see an animal that has been hit is to make sure it's not suffering. I will think of the dog playing with Wade up in heaven :)

wolflady
01-07-2009, 04:36 PM
We had an incident over here recently where two cars knowingly hit a bicyclist and left her to die. It was very gruesome. I remember hearing that the first car slowed after they hit her and the second car dragged her several feet. Most of the witnesses weren't even able to comply with the police because they were in too much shock.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/12/30/state/n060004S84.DTL

I don't know whether it is deliberate cruelty or fear or both. Whatever it is, it's deplorable.

That is just horrible! I seriously don't understand people at all sometimes. How can anyone do something like this an NOT feel bad? I hope they catch the second person that hit the poor woman. :mad:

MOFF, I'm sorry you had to witness such a thing. :(
**hugs**