PDA

View Full Version : Um...

Soledad
09-18-2002, 12:34 AM
Talk about generalisations. Please refrain from stating that all groups of certain kinds of people all do the same thing. This may not have been your intention, but there is a vague racist tone to this.

Nomilynn
09-18-2002, 12:55 AM
May I please ask what this refers to?

zippy-kat
09-18-2002, 01:08 AM
I am a little lost too. Although not certain, I think I have a vague idea of what this is in regards too. And knowing that member well, I can assure that, though it may have come across as racist, it was not intentional. Far from it.

But then again, I'm not even sure we're talking/thinking about the same post, so I could be way off base.

Soledad, I'm a fan of your postings & know you are trying to be fair/nice by not naming names, but perhaps this should be addressed as a pm? or maybe addressed to a moderator? Not because it isn't appropriate but just b/c we are a little lost...

lynnestankard
09-18-2002, 03:56 AM
Eeeerrr - did I miss something?

Lynne

Soledad
09-18-2002, 04:17 AM
This comment was intended for the Dog Attack thread, wherein Gini said that Koreans do not follow "our" laws. I'm not sure why it posted as its own thread, either my computer or I messed up. Sorry about the confusion.

Regardless of intention, the message is the same and I do not think it's acceptable to make a huge generalisation about a group of people. It's rude, especially considering that we are in cyberspace, unaware of each other's cultures and races.

Ann
09-18-2002, 11:02 AM
Whooops then, I already posted in that "dog attack" thread and said basically the same thing BEFORE I read this thread... Sorry!