PDA

View Full Version : Silver Spring Kennel owner faces charges. Anyone want to join me for a Protest?

Anikaca77
01-05-2009, 01:59 PM
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2008/12/silver_spring_kennel_owner_fac.html

I'm going to start researching how I can get the media involved and radio stations to cover this story as to why it's still up and running.

Don Juan's mom
01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Looks like it's gotten the attention of the Patriot-News, at least.

I've e-mailed the story to my brother Jim (catdad to Missy), who lives and works in the area.

Liz

catmandu
01-05-2009, 03:43 PM
And yet another example of people who advertise and charge for services, then are negligent.
And when it comes to living Creatures of Our Lord God, thats unforgivable!!:mad:I hope these creeps :mad::mad:get everything thats coming to them.:mad:

Medusa
01-05-2009, 04:30 PM
I was shocked at this statement: "...witnesses said Dare placed a sick kitten in a plastic bag and put in in a freezer. When that did not kill it, Dare bashed it against the side of a Dumpster." How do they know that he did this? Did he tell them? Did they witness it, since they're called "witnesses"? How does someone like this come to have any connection whatsoever w/a pet store??? :mad:

momcat
01-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Oh Annika, I'm so sick and so disguted over this that I simply could not read the entire article. What this #%$$! deserves can't be said here, I have way too much respect for you and our fellow PTers to say what's on my mind. Go ahead and insert your own expletives!!!

PLEASE keep us updated on this despicable situation. If a petition can be signed or letters written be sure to let us know.

Anikaca77
01-05-2009, 07:31 PM
I just sent you a PM back....I'm going to look up some newspapers and radio stations to see they can publicize this story. I really feel he should not be able to work with animals ever again.

Melissa

momcat
01-05-2009, 10:22 PM
I really feel he should not be able to work with animals ever again.Melissa

Amen to that, Melissa. I won't be in the office tomorrow but I'll check the statutes on pet shop standards, background checks on pet shop owners, sanctions for animal abuse and anything else that might be out there when I get back. We definitely will be in touch. Now to sharpen up my ultra sharp pick axe!!!

For the animals :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Medusa
01-06-2009, 06:38 AM
I really feel he should not be able to work with animals ever again.

Work w/animals? He should be prosecuted for animal abuse, not just prohibited from working w/animals!

Anikaca77
01-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Work w/animals? He should be prosecuted for animal abuse, not just prohibited from working w/animals!

I agree as well. I'd like to go there every weekend and protest against this store even being open. It's just unfair to all those poor animals who have to live in those conditions. Sometimes I hate living in this state due to the fact that we are known for the puppy mills and this is just so wrong that this even happened.

I'm going to start e-mailing newspapers today and spread this story. It's not right and someone needs to fight for that poor kitten.

Anikaca77
01-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Melissa,

Thanks for taking the time to contact me. My dogs Rosie and Lucy are like family members and I take these issues very seriously. That's why I voted to strengthen laws that protect our pets and will continue to advocate for stronger ones. I will take your comments into consideration and thank you again for the email. Happy New Year.

Scott
Representative