PDA

View Full Version : Practically a mechanic

Sirrahsim
01-05-2009, 12:33 PM
I just changed out the battery on my husband's truck all by myself!!:D Thanks to leaving a door ajar for the nearly 2 weeks that we were on vacation, the battery was dead as a doornail. We tried to charge it up but it was dead and gone. I took the old one in, bought the new one, took it home, installed it, and cranked it up!! So besides a very funny smell every time I start it up it appears to be in working order:D Maybe next time I'll tackle a flat tire.

lvpets2002
01-05-2009, 12:38 PM
:) Well you go girl.. Now have you bragged to hubby yet?? See you tell him this calls for supper out..:D

Sirrahsim
01-05-2009, 12:42 PM
ohhhh we DID get a gift card to Olive Garden for Christmas :D

lvpets2002
01-05-2009, 12:44 PM
:) Well that will work just fine.. Oh I so love their salads & bread sticks.. yum yum
ohhhh we DID get a gift card to Olive Garden for Christmas :D

CountryWolf07
01-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Congratulations! :)

My boyfriend would probably faint if I even learned or taught myself anything about cars, especially changing a flat tire or whatnot related to cars.. haha. Although I really should learn..

Karen
01-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Gosh, in our family, before Dad would drive you to take your license exam with the Registry of Motor Vehicles, you had to prove to him you knew how to pop the hood, check the oil, transmission fluid, radiator and windshield washer fluid, knew what random engine parts were, and change a tire.

He never wanted any child of his to helpless on the side of the road somewhere, and vulnerable to predators.

lvpets2002
01-05-2009, 03:35 PM
:) Well I grew up on a farm & a ranch && that was how my dad was.. Heck I could change tires at a young age.. Also I helped plow of driving tractors so you learned the oil & grease & basic taking care of stuff..
Gosh, in our family, before Dad would drive you to take your license exam with the Registry of Motor Vehicles, you had to prove to him you knew how to pop the hood, check the oil, transmission fluid, radiator and windshield washer fluid, knew what random engine parts were, and change a tire.

He never wanted any child of his to helpless on the side of the road somewhere, and vulnerable to predators.

Taz_Zoee
01-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I know how to check oil and coolant. And I might be able to change a tire if I had to. But it's hard enough to get me to pop the hood to even check the coolant!!! I've been having a coolant issue with my car recently.
I could maybe change a battery. But in my VW it's very difficult to get to the battery. Oh well, one less thing I need to worry about learning. :)

Way to go, Missy!! Just don't let Bruce know because he'll expect me to learn too. ;)