PDA

View Full Version : 3 children under 2 years old found in a squalorous home in Chicago

cassiesmom
01-04-2009, 08:47 PM
This makes me really angry. How could anyone knowingly allow babies to be brought into such an environment.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/01/3-babies-found-in-filthy-west-side.html

shepgirl
01-04-2009, 09:02 PM
I looked at the news article. Wasn't that disturbing cause this happens on a daily basis anywhere and not just Chicago. We live with stuff like this under our noses, many prefer to ignore it but it's there just the same. Sad but unfortunately sometimes the system fails some of these poor kids.

caseysmom
01-04-2009, 09:33 PM
I looked at the news article. Wasn't that disturbing cause this happens on a daily basis anywhere and not just Chicago. We live with stuff like this under our noses, many prefer to ignore it but it's there just the same. Sad but unfortunately sometimes the system fails some of these poor kids.

Your profile says you are a cps worker, where are you a cps worker at?

Catty1
01-05-2009, 03:55 PM
If memory serves, shepgirl had cps on her profile at one time...I asked her about her work, and she said that no way could she stand the stress of the work.

Then a couple of people noticed it wasn't there any more. Now it's back?

Maybe for Nicole's "benefit"?

It was my sense that sg is a PCA, which does have enough stress of its own. I can't see one person doing both jobs.

caseysmom
01-05-2009, 04:02 PM
catty, yes I believe it was for nicole, I would use the word benefit though:eek:

Catty1
01-05-2009, 06:16 PM
That's why the word had ' ' around it. ;) I was being sarcastic. :p:D

caseysmom
01-05-2009, 07:54 PM
That's why the word had ' ' around it. ;) I was being sarcastic. :p:D

Yeah I got it;)

sumbirdy
01-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Even though it does happen daily, it is still disturbing. :(

jennielynn1970
01-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I looked at the news article. Wasn't that disturbing cause this happens on a daily basis anywhere and not just Chicago.

So, because it happens anywhere, it shouldn't be disturbing???

That's messed up.

Is that what you say if you go into a home like that? "oh, this happens all the time, every day. Let's go, they're fine."

Ugh.