PDA

View Full Version : Funny Pets Contest

wolf_Q
09-17-2002, 11:49 PM
Ok I'm starting the contest. Karen, I hope that you don't mind, if you have any problems, just let me know! :) Here's the details:

*So far we have prizes donated by me and Sammi, feel free to chip in for a third place prize. My prize is a pet portrait cartoon of your funny photo. Winners will also receive a graphic award.

*You may enter one pic of each pet you have. NO MORE THAN ONE PER PET! Please keep each pic under 200k! I will crop/rotate/resize/adjust your pic as I feel is neccessary. Clear photos are best!

*Send your pics to [email protected] Please name your pic the name of your pet. Example: Your dogs name is Smokey, so the name of your file is Smokey.jpg Please limit the files to only jpeg (prefered), gif or bmp. Also please include a caption with your photo (be clear on which photo it belongs to) such as "Hey, that's not what was supposed to happen!" or whatever.

*This is not a contest of whose pet is the cutest, it is a contest of which human was able to take the funniest pic! Please don't feel bad if your pet doesn't win. When voting, you may make comments about what pics you think are cute, etc. Do NOT post who you voted for, and no negative comments, please!

*This is open to ANY pet, whether it be dog, cat, bird, ferret, etc.

*I will choose 10 pics at random and post new ones every Sunday. The winner of each 10 will be posted in a Winner thread. After all of the pics are voted on, we will vote again on the pics in the Winner thread.

*Voting will be on Pet Talk, and you can only vote once for each 10, so vote wisely, and please don't try to cheat. This is all for fun!

So go ahead and start sending your photos! :D I hope I covered everything, lol. :rolleyes:

Cookiebaker
09-18-2002, 06:48 AM
Yikes Now I really have to go through all the pictures we have taken of Mr. Malone. :D Contest is a great idea & sounds like fun!

anna_66
09-18-2002, 08:53 AM
Good idea Amy, this sounds like fun! I know I have at least a couple of good one:rolleyes:

ramanth
09-18-2002, 09:09 AM
What a cute idea! I think I have a pic....

:)

wolf_Q
09-18-2002, 11:01 AM
Yay, 4 entries! :D Keep them coming, because I'm not going to do a prize unless I get at least 30 entries. With as many members as there are here, that should be easy!

Aspen and Misty
09-18-2002, 07:51 PM
I'm going to send in a picture of someone...sometime..I don't know when as I am still really sick and only come out of bed to check pet talk :D Yea I'm addicted! So next time I drag myself out I will send you an email with a picture! I love the idea by the way! I was acctually just going to ask you how much your portraits cost..I want one done of Chewy.

Ash

Rottieluver45
09-18-2002, 07:59 PM
I`m sending mine right...n..o..w..!

Kfamr
09-18-2002, 08:23 PM
Ahhhh... It's going to take me a while to choose which to submit!

AdoreMyDogs
09-18-2002, 10:21 PM
You should have gotten an email from me with my entry :)

wolf_Q
09-19-2002, 01:08 AM
I will post in the Funny Pets Contest thread under GENERAL of what pets I have received photos of. If you do not see your pets name, then I must not have received the pic. It might take me a bit to post, so if you don't see it like the minute after you send it, don't worry. I'm just not going to be sending confimation emails, so check back on that thread.

Ash, I didn't know you were sick. What is wrong?? I hope you get well soon! I'd love to draw Chewy, he is so cute! I think I might have to start making some sort of discount to Pet Talk members! lol. Here's the pricelist

*Realistic*
9x12 pencil/pen and ink ($45) colored pencil ($50) watercolor ($55) acrylic ($100)
11x14 pencil/pen and ink ($55) colored pencil ($60) watercolor ($65) acrylic ($125)

*Cartoon*
9x12 colored pencil ($35)
11x14 colored pencil ($45)

$10 extra for every extra pet in watercolor/colored pencil. $20 extra for every
extra pet in acrylic.

Plus shipping, $2 regular, $5 acrylic

CountryWolf07
09-22-2002, 09:30 AM
Where is the the thread..? I can't find it..

anna_66
09-22-2002, 09:34 AM
Rachel it's HERE (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14959)

CountryWolf07
09-22-2002, 01:40 PM
Thanks Anna! :)

anna_66
09-22-2002, 05:42 PM
Your welcome:)