PDA

View Full Version : Funny Pets Contest

wolf_Q
09-17-2002, 11:44 PM
Ok I'm starting the contest. Karen, I hope that you don't mind, if you have any problems, just let me know! :) Here's the details:

*So far we have prizes donated by me and Sammi, feel free to chip in for a third place prize. My prize is a pet portrait cartoon of your funny photo. Winners will also receive a graphic award.

*You may enter one pic of each pet you have. NO MORE THAN ONE PER PET! Please keep each pic under 200k! I will crop/rotate/resize/adjust your pic as I feel is neccessary. Clear photos are best!

*Send your pics to [email protected] Please name your pic the name of your pet. Example: Your dogs name is Smokey, so the name of your file is Smokey.jpg Please limit the files to only jpeg (prefered), gif or bmp. Also please include a caption with your photo (be clear on which photo it belongs to) such as "Hey, that's not what was supposed to happen!" or whatever.

*This is not a contest of whose pet is the cutest, it is a contest of which human was able to take the funniest pic! Please don't feel bad if your pet doesn't win. When voting, you may make comments about what pics you think are cute, etc. Do NOT post who you voted for, and no negative comments, please!

*This is open to ANY pet, whether it be dog, cat, bird, ferret, etc.

*I will choose 10 pics at random and post new ones every Sunday. The winner of each 10 will be posted in a Winner thread. After all of the pics are voted on, we will vote again on the pics in the Winner thread.

*Voting will be on Pet Talk, and you can only vote once for each 10, so vote wisely, and please don't try to cheat. This is all for fun!

So go ahead and start sending your photos! :D I hope I covered everything, lol. :rolleyes:

wolf_Q
09-18-2002, 10:51 AM
Well....we have no replies........but there are 4 entries (very funny ones too!). Please keep them coming!

p.s. no prizes unless we get at least 30 entries! With all the members here, it can't be *that* hard

krazyaboutkatz
09-18-2002, 11:05 PM
Can I enter a picture that has two of my cats in it or do the photos have to be of an individual pet?

wolf_Q
09-18-2002, 11:21 PM
Oops, yes sorry for not making that clear. That's fine with me! Just don't have more then one pic that has the same pet in it, but your pic can have more then one pet.

wolf_Q
09-19-2002, 01:22 AM
If you have sent your pics, please check back to this thread (make sure it is the one under GENERAL) to see your confirmation. I'm not sending confirmation emails. Oh, and I'm not keeping track of what pet belongs to what person. If you want to know if your pet won, you have to come here to see. :D
So far I have pics of the following pets:

Max (dog)
Minion (cat)
Graham (dog)
Kia (dog)
Storm and Pepper (cats)
Sunny (cat)

Oh, and as far as the deadline....well I'm definitely not posting the first bunch until I get 10 pics. And I'd rather have quite a bit more then 10, so the same person's pets don't have to compete against eachother. In other words, if you are going to enter, please start sending your pics in soon so we can start! And good job on the pics so far, VERY funny! This is going to be so hard to choose, they are all great! :D Oh, and yes you can vote for your own pet! I'm trying to answer all of the questions that I can remember that I've received by email, let me know if you have any more questions.

wolf_Q
09-19-2002, 10:27 AM
Received pics of:

PJ (dog)
Angus (dog)
Huney (dog)
Roxey (dog)

anna_66
09-19-2002, 02:09 PM
Just checking to see if you got my pics, guess you did!
This seems like it's going to be fun, thanks Amy!

wolf_Q
09-19-2002, 04:06 PM
Yep I did, Anna. Every one that I have received so far is too funny! You guys are going to crack up looking at all of them! :D

Recieved:

Perry (dog)
Daisy (dog)

lovemymaltese
09-19-2002, 04:21 PM
Thanks for sharing, I'll have to look into it.

krazyaboutkatz
09-19-2002, 11:33 PM
I can't wait to see the first 10 funny pics. :) This is going to be such a fun contest. :D

wolf_Q
09-19-2002, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I can't wait to show them to you either, lol. :D I need more entries though! Somebody help me out here and bug people! I don't want to start it now because then the same people's pets would be competing against eachother, which isn't really fair. I need over 20 before I can start!

wolf_Q
09-21-2002, 10:33 AM
Received:

Mr. Malone (dog)
Mike, Sam, & Grey (rats)
Rat (rat)
Y (rat)

jcdbz
09-21-2002, 12:41 PM
Hi!! This is Rottieluver45 I`m just on as my brother! I didn`t want to log him off,log me on then log him on again! I`m so lazy!!

N E ways Did you get that picture of PJ?

wolf_Q
09-21-2002, 03:50 PM
Yes I did, scroll up and you should find it in one of the posts.

Received:

Teddy and Melony (dog and rat)
Buddy (cat)

wolf_Q
09-22-2002, 02:51 AM
Received:

Anna and Rosie (dogs)
Smokey (dog)
Nebo (dog)

lol yes I decided I can enter my own pets, I just won't give them 1st place if they win lol

Rottieluver45
09-22-2002, 10:49 AM
Wolf Q if somebody wins,are they gonna be allowed to host the next contest? If they wanna?

wolf_Q
09-22-2002, 11:27 AM
If you are meaning to host the next 10 contestants for the Funny Pets Contest, then it is no. I've already collected them all, cropped, added text, created an email and imagestation account...lol. In short, I'm already keeping track, and it would be hard to pass this on to another person.

If you are meaning a completely different contest after this one is over...go ahead. Anyone, can start a new contest, it doesn't matter to me! :) Just have fun trying to get enough people to enter....:rolleyes:

Rottieluver45
09-22-2002, 12:01 PM
OHHHHHHH!! I meant the first one! WOW you are well prepared! :D

wolf_Q
09-22-2002, 01:17 PM
Received:

Reece and Lolly (dogs) .......that one really cracked me up!!
Floppsy (bunny)
Lady (dog)
Sally (cat)

Andie
09-22-2002, 09:03 PM
wolf_Q :

Are you still taking pics?

wolf_Q
09-22-2002, 10:56 PM
Yes, yes, and YES! lol. I really need more pics to continue this, please keep sending entries to [email protected]

Andie
09-24-2002, 10:30 PM
I sent all three of my babies but I don't know how well they'll look.

wolf_Q
09-25-2002, 10:50 AM
Sorry for the delayed reaction, but here's the pics received:

Sadie (dog)
Chance and Maximus (cat and hamster)
Peppurr (cat)
Bull (dog)
Fluffy (cat)
Katie (dog)

wolf_Q
09-30-2002, 12:53 AM
Received: