PDA

View Full Version : From Freecycle in a city that shall remain anonymous...

Catty1
01-03-2009, 08:20 PM
I have a covered Cat's litterbox that was given to me to use for my dog. I tired to teach my dog to use it but she never got the idea. It
has a filter that can be changed. If you wish to get more info/photo
email me. I live in ********. Pickup.

This person is also giving away a pet drinking fountain...and asking for supplies for a friend who is starting up an exotics rescue (reptiles, etc).

Just this one post struck me as....oh, I dunno....:)

Karen
01-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Hey, at least the person is giving away the box, not the dog!

Catty1
01-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Lol! Just that she tried to train the dog to use it...!

wolf_Q
01-03-2009, 10:07 PM
They make litterboxes and litter specifically for dogs. People train their small dogs to use them. www.doglitter.com So it really doesn't seem that odd to me.

CathyBogart
01-03-2009, 10:42 PM
I used to have a regular customer at my old job who was not very mobile, so her two chihuahuas used a litterbox so she didn't have to take them downstairs several times a day to pee.

shais_mom
01-03-2009, 11:55 PM
They make litterboxes and litter specifically for dogs. People train their small dogs to use them. www.doglitter.com So it really doesn't seem that odd to me.

me either!

BitsyNaceyDog
01-04-2009, 08:52 AM
I used to have a regular customer at my old job who was not very mobile, so her two chihuahuas used a litterbox so she didn't have to take them downstairs several times a day to pee.
Same here. At the pet boarding facility I worked at we had a few littler trained dogs who were regular costumers and several dogs who used pee pads. Usually like Cathy said, small dogs with older humans.

kuhio98
01-04-2009, 09:19 AM
I once saw 2 bags of ice on Freecycle in our area. Bags of ice? Why would I drive across town to get bags of ice? I live in Alaska for Goodness sake! I've got all the ice I can handle!

shais_mom
01-04-2009, 09:52 AM
everyone is right of course it isn't uncommon for people to train their smaller dogs to pee pads or litter boxes. Not sure I'd use regular litter for a dog but whatever.
Learn something new everyday don't you Catty?

jennielynn1970
01-04-2009, 03:13 PM
In response to Kuhio's Ice comment...
You can always find someone that wants something you have on freecycle.

I could offer bags of cat poop, and I swear, someone out there would want it. :rolleyes::p

I offer a lot of things that I don't want on Freecycle. Bags of flour that won't be used in a timely manner, cans of veggies that I have too many of. Lentils. Mustard seed (too much of that from dad's mustards, lol). I usually offer up veggies that my dad gives me too much of on there as well. There are many hungry families out there, and I'm always happy to help someone else out.

aig1234
01-04-2009, 06:52 PM
A for effort on the part of the person giving the litterbox away. Maybe she or he has a "toy" dog, and thought it would work.

Twisterdog
01-04-2009, 09:22 PM
My friend had a litter box trained dachshund. I don't think that dog ever went outside, literally.

I tried to register for freecycle, but I just couldn't get it to work. I've posted things on craigslist, though. In fact, just last week I gave away a lawn mower that won't start and an old snowblower.

shais_mom
01-04-2009, 11:15 PM
My friend had a litter box trained dachshund. I don't think that dog ever went outside, literally.

I tried to register for freecycle, but I just couldn't get it to work. I've posted things on craigslist, though. In fact, just last week I gave away a lawn mower that won't start and an old snowblower.

I don't belong the Freecycle.com I joined the yahoo groups that are for Freecycle - I get a daily digest for them in my area.

catnapper
01-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Hey, at least the person is giving away the box, not the dog!

Hey, thats how we got Callie... she was a freecycle offer. I wonder if she knows how lucky she got ;)

smokey the elder
01-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Will they take pre-owned kitty litter?:p:D