PDA

View Full Version : Somebody take me HOME!

gfm454
01-03-2009, 11:25 AM
This is the story of a Cat named Jimbo.
My neighbors moved away and left Jimbo abandoned to his own devices.
I tried taking him to our local Human Society but they had no room for him. I took him to animal services where they discovered he had an I.D. implant identifying his owner. Unfortunately the info was of little use since the owners moved away and did not update it. He is a domestic American short hair blue Russian Siamese mix.
He is about 3 1/2 yrs old and should be a movie star. The way he carries himself and that chiseled face...well you see his picture doesn't do him justice. When I first found him or should I say he found me he was skinny and upset over being abandoned...I also believe that this dysfunctional family didn't treat him well as a kitten. Over the time I cared for Jimbo he has become more than a stray....he has become my friend..and has filled out with a very muscular physique.....I would keep him myself but alas I already have a King Tabby and they can't share the roost. I'm afraid for my friend and wish him a kingdom of his own with lot of Purina One Chicken Flavor and head butts forever. Jimbo has 4 days left before they put him down.....sad very sad.....someone save me and take Jimbo home?

http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?ID=A1122066&LOCATION=MIAD&searchtype=ALL&start=3&friends=0&samaritans=0&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_miad&text=000000&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&col_bg=99b5c9&col_bg2=e7eec4&SBG=026BA9&zip=33183&miles=10&shelterlist='MIAD'&atype=&where=type_CAT,gender_m

Karen
01-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Awww, where do you live? What area?

iluvjack813
01-03-2009, 11:35 AM
:):( You're a good person to do that:)
Poor Jimbo! But a lovely breed.

Catty1
01-03-2009, 12:52 PM
From link on pic - he's in Miami.

Miami-Dade Animal Services

7401 NW 74th Street
Miami, FL 33166
Voice: (305) 884-1101 Fax: (305) 805-1619

catmandu
01-03-2009, 05:12 PM
IF THERE IS ANYTHING MORE HEART WRENCHING FOR AN ANIMAL LOVER THAN TO SEE AN ANIMAL. ANY ANIMAL A D0G , A CAT AND KNOW THAT IN YOUR HEART OF HEARTS THAT THAT ANIMAL WOULD MAKE A GREAT FRIEND, BUT THAT YOU CANT DO A THING ABOUT IT, I DONT KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD BE.:(
WE CAN SUCH PRAY THAT SOMEONE IN MIAMI NEEDS A BIG HANDSOME SIAMESE CAT , AND WILL TAKE THIS FELLOW HOME WITH THEM.
IT WILL BE THE WISEST AND MOST HUMANE THING THAT THEY WILL EVER DO.:love::love:

jennielynn1970
01-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Is there a No Kill shelter that you could move him to?? Poor cat. Wish I lived closer.

Could you put him in one room, out of the way of your "king" tabby, just till you can find him a home? At least he wouldn't be PTS.

momcat
01-03-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm looking at the picture of beautiful Jimbo with big time LES. Thank you and bless you for caring enough to help. Unfortunately I can't help other than offer many, many prayers for this sweetheart to find the loving home he deserves.

gfm454
01-06-2009, 11:07 PM
I have fretted for days that his time was running out.....I called today to see if there was any luck in finding his owners....no luck.

They told me an organization called "rescue" was interested in picking him up if I or the owners didn't return to get him. As the the owners abandoned Jimbo and I already have a male cat that doesn't get along well with Jimbo, I told them I release all claim to Jimbo and wish him well with this Pet Rescue organization. I will check this afternoon to see if they got him out. I will miss Jimbo but will feel better that he is with people that care and may find him a permanent home. Good luck my friend....I miss you.
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes....Jimbo would give you all head butts if he could.