PDA

View Full Version : Where, oh where is Mz Klo?

K9karen
01-02-2009, 10:07 PM
I had an awful scare this afternoon. My heart is still racing from the after effects.

I let Logan outside while I went to the basement to throw in a load of wash. When I came back upstairs, the back door was shut. I didn't think much of it because I thought John let her in.

I then went to the garage to put trash out, locked the door and went back upstairs. Fiddled around some. I hear Logan barking at the other side of the house. Weird. So I went outside, thinking maybe John locked the door and didn't know she was out. Then HE starts telling me Logan is outside. No she isn't. She's not on the big bed, the livingroom, anywhere. Could she have actually crawled under the fence? Panic!!

It's hard to hear when you're crying, but I heard her bark again, and then some scratching. Light bulb goes off. I opened the inside garage door and out jumps my sweetie. Mz Velcro dog apparently followed me inside the garage and I never heard her. She must had been snooping around.

Anyway, a gazillion hugs and kisses and treats later, we're both fine. I felt worse because apparently, her previous family kept her in their garage at night in the dark.

Pam
01-03-2009, 05:28 AM
Well I bet that episode increased your heart rate!!! Honestly, I don't know how dogs do it, but they sure can pull "fast ones" on us. I am so glad you found her before she got too upset. I remember you mentioning that she used to be locked in a dark garage. Poor widdle girl. Logan don't scare your mommy like that anymore! ;)

Ginger's Mom
01-03-2009, 06:52 AM
Our little ones really can throw a scare into us, can't they? I understand how you may feel bad about the garage, but I bet that old life has no place in Logan's memory any more. She has been in her happy and safe home for several years now, and she has no connection to her previous life anymore.

Karen
01-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Nothing like a dawg to keep your blood pressure going! Poor KLo, but poor mommy!

Freedom
01-03-2009, 09:17 AM
whew! My heart started beating faster just reading this. Hearing her bark and not knowing WHERE?? I am so glad that you found her and that, in the end, she really WAS safe, just not where SHE wanted to be -- right next to her humom! :D

iluvjack813
01-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Awww how scary!
It shows how much a dog loves you to not go under the fence:love::love:

Cinder & Smoke
01-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I had an awful scare this afternoon.
My heart is still racing from the after effects.

I let Logan outside ...

Wish I had a dollar for every time I've "LOST" a dawg ...

Example >>>
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showpost.php?p=2008511&postcount=1

And then along came Heidi (Mini~Mutt) :rolleyes: :cool:

Heidi Tails - a combo of 2005 and 2008 (2008 starts at Post #32) >>>
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=81353

Now it's 2009 ... and Mini~Mutt is STILL here! :) :love:
:D

K9karen
01-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Our little ones really can throw a scare into us, can't they? I understand how you may feel bad about the garage, but I bet that old life has no place in Logan's memory any more. She has been in her happy and safe home for several years now, and she has no connection to her previous life anymore.

Hmmmm. I wouldn't bet on a lapsed memory...
Her 1st name was *Rocky* and if I say that...well, her reaction, facial expressions etc....full of fear. She remembers something, that's for sure. I made 3 trips to the garage today, (on purpose) and didn't have 4 skinny legs following me! Lesson learned, I think!

After a 2 month absence, Mz K had a lovely few hours at the dog park today. She deserved it.

chocolatepuppy
01-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Good to hear Logan wasn't really missing after all!:)

boomersooner
01-03-2009, 06:47 PM
So glad she's safe!! I remember not being able to find Cassie once when she was about 7 weeks old! I looked everywhere for her....well, the little stinker was back in the corner of the small laundry room behind the washing machine....I'm glad America's Funniest Home Videos wasn't around as I climbed up on top of the washing machine to try and get her. I grabbed whatever I could grab and rescued her....her little claw/gnaw marks are still in the corner!! They definately keep our lives hopping!!! I haven't "misplaced" Boomer yet, but I'm sure it is coming!!!

lizbud
01-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Oh wow, No wonder you were shaken up. My first thought was
Klo got out of the yard.:eek: I'll bet that was a great cardio work out.:)

The only thing similar happened when my cat Joey was inadvertly closed
in between the outside storm door & the inside front door.:D I didn't hear
a peep out of him, but the other cats all gathered & stared at the door until
I opened it again.:D

MoonandBean
01-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I love the name! Sunny is Ms. Velcro too :) Bean has been locked in the gargage on numerous occasions. I have to remember to look there first as one time it took me 20 minutes to find him. I always have to go say goodnight to him to make sure I know where he is, lest he not spend the whole night in the ceiling or garage :) Sunny has yet to go missing but if she ever does and I survive the heart failure, I'll report in :)

pitc9
01-05-2009, 01:38 PM
SO happy to hear all is well!

{{{HUGS}}}}

Rachel
01-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Oh, Karen. I wonder if my Tucker's *escape* from our fenced in yard crossed your mind. Glad that it was a false alarm for you but even those *misplaced* dogs are enough to stop the heart. Hannah is notorious for getting shut up in the basement when I didn't even know she was down there with me (the little sneak:rolleyes:). Then we hear this faint bark and have no idea from whence it comes and the subsequent opening of closed doors to search.

anna_66
01-05-2009, 09:22 PM
I've had a couple of those moments myself and I tell you, it's enough to give you a heart attack isn't it?!
I'm glad to hear it was a false alarm and Mz Klo has learned her lesson...and got some time at the park to boot:D

Logan
01-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Gosh Karen, that is scary! Mack has done it a time or two, but he is just bossy and is trying to escape when he gets trapped in the garage. :p Thank goodness the garage door has been down most of the times it has happened! Butter disappeared for almost 24 hours one time and I was so worried and when I went to ask my neighbor if he had seen him, I heard Butter crying nearby. Turned out he was locked in the neighbor's garage after being nosy and investigating when the door was open. :eek: