PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE on Yang 1-2-09

doolittleky
01-02-2009, 07:47 PM
I haven't been able to get to a computer lately due to being on my Christmas break for work/school. So I haven't been able to update you on Yang. He is eating better and acting like he feels better but still hasn't gained any weight back. He eats whenever he wants to and I give him fluids evey other day. He is still on the appetite stimulant and the antibiotics. It was soo cute a few vets trips ago I was driving to the vet and I knew it would be a very long wait so I went to McDonalds drive through and got a coke and french fries since I hadn't eaten yet. The minute those fries came in the window and he caught a whif of them he was up on his feet and meowing his head off! It was soo funny. When I got to the vet I had to go in and get him a can of ad so he could eat while I ate my fries. He has to go back next Friday again for a check up. Hopefully he will start gaining his weight back. Also the last time I was there and he got his bloodwork redone it was back to normal which shocked the vet so much she even asked the tech if she was sure it was his. Hopefully it will stay normal. I love that boy soooo much!
Thanks for all of your prayers for him. I really do appreciate each and everyone and I am sure that is what pulled him through.

Catty1
01-02-2009, 07:50 PM
What great news! A divine Christmas present for sure!

Love heals - his love for you and yours for him!:D:love:

krazyaboutkatz
01-03-2009, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that he's doing much better and I hope that he'll start gaining some weight back.:)

Laura's Babies
01-03-2009, 07:50 AM
So he likes Fries?? LOL! Now you know what to do to stimulate his appitite when he won't eat.. Great to hear he is doing better. May he continue to improve.

catmandu
01-03-2009, 05:23 PM
THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH MICHAEL THE DREAM WHEN I BROUGHT BACK SNACKS FROM THE KING BUFFET FOR HIMTO TEMPT HIM TO EAT , AND LIKE YANG PUT SOME WEIGHT BACK ON.
WHAT DIS HE EAT FIRST , THE TURKEY , HAM OR CHICKEN?
NOPE, IT WAS THE BIT OF MASHED POATATOES WITH GARLIC BUTTER AND CHEESE THAT WAS STUCK TO THE HAM
WHEN I WENT NEW YERAS DAY, HE GOT MORE.
YOU KNOW THATS NOT EASY SNEAKING MASHED POTATOES :):)FROM A BUFFET, BUT MR PURRS PURRRS WERE WORTH IT!!!:love::love::love:

momcat
01-03-2009, 05:29 PM
This is great news! Ying must have been absolutely adorable going after your fries. Many prayers will continue to be prayed for your sweetie to gain weight and for good health to return. Could I ask you to give Ying lots of lovies from me? Please let us know how things are going?

phesina
01-03-2009, 07:29 PM
That's wonderful! Such good news.

Prayers continue for your beloved Yang and you.

Anikaca77
01-04-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm so glad Yang is feeling better!

Melissa

momcat
01-04-2009, 09:53 PM
How is Ying feeling today?

doolittleky
01-05-2009, 01:47 PM
I gave Yang his fluids last night when I got home for work. He ate some today before I went to work and I gave him all his meds. Sometimes I think he looks like he has gained a tiny bit of weight and somedays he looks the same. he looks the same today and his fur is ruffled like when they don't feel good. I gave him a big hug and kiss when I left for work. Thanks so much for asking.
Melissa