PDA

View Full Version : Brandon, the latest...Update 1/5 post 8

Laura's Babies
01-02-2009, 10:24 AM
This is weird. Pathlogy has never seen a tumor like the one Brandon has, they said the cells keep changing in it. They have sent samples to 3 to 4 labs and nobody has seen one like it and can't figure out what it is exaclty. They are hoping that Monday when he goes back to Seattle to get his stitches out, that they will know something!

Now, this is unbelievable... On the way home a car ran a stop sign and HIT them! :eek: So on his way home he was in a wreck! A ambulance was called but he refused to go to the hospital.. his new step Dad told him not going was not a option, put him in the car and took him to ER where he ended up having to spend the day while the doctors there conferred with the doctors in Seattle. Sis said that is why she didn't pass on the word that he was home... because he was back in the ER again and she was going crazy with worry.

He IS home now but not able to get up and move around much, when he moves around to much, he starts getting nauseated again but it sounds like he is his old self again.

Keep him in your prayers please!

Taz_Zoee
01-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Oh my goodness!!! I am glad there weren't serious injuries from the accident. Wow, that is unbelievable. Poor Brandon! He's been through enough.

I am glad he is FINALLY home and seems to be in good spirits. I hope the doctors can figure out what is going on so he can get on the road to recovery for good!!

I am still holding your family in my thoughts each day.

lvpets2002
01-02-2009, 11:05 AM
:( OMG Laura that is so horrible.. I feel so sad for Brandon.. Bless his heart for the strenght he needs in every moment of his life.. Sending lots of Huggss & Prayers to all.. Such a jerk for running the stop sign.. I hope he got a good talking too & a ticket to boot with a stiff fine..

Kirsten
01-02-2009, 11:20 AM
How scary, Laura!! I'm glad that nothing bad happened in that accident! Poor Brandon! It's weird that he has such a mysterious tumor! :(

Kirsten

Karen
01-02-2009, 11:40 AM
He will be in our prayers, poor thing! I know many cancer survivors, and hope Brandon becomes another!

Laura's Babies
01-02-2009, 12:52 PM
I tell you what from all the bad weather that delayed them getting to Seattle to the hospital and the urgency that he had to get there in, to this strange tumor and then the wreck... I would have a really hard time believing all that actually happened to someone were it not in my own family.. It is just all so strange to me that all this could happen to someone.

Sis said that, that tumor went from small to spreading to his brain stem almost overnight and rupturing. They have never seen one grow that fast either.. I would imagine that the patholigist and doctors are frantic trying to figure it out and what all it means.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? Cells changing in it, faster growing than they have ever seen? Even a tumor that ruptured?

cassiesmom
01-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Prayers for Brandon's recovery and for an accurate diagnosis.

Laura's Babies
01-05-2009, 07:46 PM
TODAY~

He had his appointment in Seattle with the doctors this morning and was there all day. His doctor conferred with about 15 other doctors and here is what they think... They think the tumor on his brain stem was a shoot off from the one on his frontol lobe, cells or something created the brain brain stem tumor. This tumor could spread in the fluid from the rupture so they will watch that close (that has been my concern every since I heard the word "ruptured"). They said it will go to his spine if it spreads so they will be watching that. They didn't say that tumor was cancer but "cancer like".. Treatment will be radiation for 6 weeks then oral chemo for a year and close watching.

His doctor is going to assign him a case worker and see if they can get him on SSI!

Catty1
01-05-2009, 08:00 PM
HUGS and prayers for Brandon! It sounds like his medical team is on top of things.

I hope he gets SSI. It isn't a fortune, but would sure be great to have some money coming in while he is going through treatment and recuperating from it too.

Praying for quick and permanent healing.

Medusa
01-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I was so glad to see an update about Brandon and then my heart sank when I read about the accident. However, I'm glad that he's ok and that he has a good team of doctors. Good grief, this boy has been through it! An extra special prayer is going up for him tonight, Laura. Keep the faythe. :love: