PDA

View Full Version : Malcom the cat, a famous cat in ontario

catmandu
01-02-2009, 09:39 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1805.jpg
WILLIAM THOMaS WROTE THIS TOUCHING BOOK ABOUT HIS FRIEND MALCOM :love::love:, WHO WAS INJURED AS A KITTEN BY AN ERRANT SCREEN DOOR AND WAS MOTION CHALLENGED.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1804.jpg
MALCOMS:):) STORIES APPEArED IN OUR LOCAL PAPER, THE HAMILTON SPECTATOR, AND I AM SURE THAT MALCOM:D:D WHO PASSED ON IN 1992 STILL HAS MANY FANS.
HE TRULY WAS A ONE OF A KIND CAT, AND WAS A GOOD DEAR CAT FRIEND TO MR THOMAS.:love::love:

Laura's Babies
01-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Sounds like a good book! Bet is would be easy to read...

lvpets2002
01-02-2009, 10:54 AM
:) Looks to be a Great Book.. thanks Uncle Gary.. I will have to try to find it..

phesina
01-02-2009, 11:11 AM
I would love to see that book too. I am, uh, fostering another "motion-challenged" cat right now.. not a CH baby but one whose back legs were both severely injured.

Pay

lvpets2002
01-02-2009, 11:13 AM
:love: So thats your new baby.. Name & pics please.. I will look on e-bay for the book..
I would love to see that book too. I am, uh, fostering another "motion-challenged" cat right now.. not a CH baby but one whose back legs were both severely injured.

Pay

catmandu
01-02-2009, 02:53 PM
IF IT HELPD THE ISBN NUMBER IS 0-7737-2741-8
FROM STODDART PRESS IN TORONTO.
ITS A FAIRLY OLD BOOK, PUBLISHED IN 1993, AND PROBABLY THERE WERE NOT ALL THE MANY COPIES.
ITS NO LONGER IN OUR LIBRARAY SYSTEM SAD TO SAY.
I WILL LOOK AT EBAY CANADA TO SEE IF ITS AROUND.
GOOD LUCK, ITS WELL WORTH THE LOOKING:love::love::love:

catmandu
01-02-2009, 03:18 PM
And the books title is Life in the Litterbox , not Malcom and Me.
If you look under williamjthomas.ca you can find it, but its 20 dollars plus postage.
I would check your library, especially if you live in Catada!!!:love::love:

lvpets2002
01-03-2009, 08:50 AM
:) Yes I found it on E-Bay from a book store.. Now its $6.99 pluss $3.99 shipping.. I am going to get it..
And the books title is Life in the Litterbox , not Malcom and Me.
If you look under williamjthomas.ca you can find it, but its 20 dollars plus postage.
I would check your library, especially if you live in Catada!!!:love::love:

catmandu
01-03-2009, 03:11 PM
And the good news Aunt Helene is that the follow up book about Weggie , The Cat rules everything even the Dog is coming to my reserve shelf very soon!!!
I will let you know how that is, but I am betting its GOOOOOOOOD!!!:love::love:

phesina
01-03-2009, 07:31 PM
I ordered it from Amazon.com, "used; good condition" for 12 CENTS plus $3.98 shipping!

lvpets2002
01-04-2009, 09:51 AM
:eek: What 12 cents.. Hey Pat did they have two by anyways?? I will hold off of the e-bay one.. I think that one was used as well & was from a book store in Canada..
I ordered it from Amazon.com, "used; good condition" for 12 CENTS plus $3.98 shipping!

catmandu
01-04-2009, 10:46 AM
As a cat, he dug more than his share of holes in his life.
But no hole is bigger than the one he left in mine.
They take up so little room in your house, pets do.
They leave such a huge and hollow gap when theyre gone.
Part of Mr Thomases eulogy for his friend Malcolm, who he will meet years from now in Paradise.
One Fine Day.

lvpets2002
01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
:love: WoW what a very nice touching saying.. Thanks..
As a cat, he dug more than his share of holes in his life.
But no hole is bigger than the one he left in mine.
They take up so little room in your house, pets do.
They leave such a huge and hollow gap when theyre gone.
Part of Mr Thomases eulogy for his friend Malcolm, who he will meet years from now in Paradise.
One Fine Day.

catmandu
01-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Malcom started out as a scrawny little runt too shy and too skittery to come out of a garage apartment I lived in Fonthill.
Here at the lake he blossomed into the King of Sunset Bay ]atrolling a seven-cottage territory with authority an uninvited regular at neighborhood barbeques.
And we bet that hes still there Mr Thomas looking for tidbits from the people who grew to love thier visitor, and taking all his Animal Angel friends on the beach where they can relax with takeout from the local restauarants.
I hope I meet Malcom
One Fine Day.

phesina
01-04-2009, 06:55 PM
:eek: What 12 cents.. Hey Pat did they have two by anyways?? I will hold off of the e-bay one.. I think that one was used as well & was from a book store in Canada..

Check your PMs, Helene.