PDA

View Full Version : He did it AGAIN!

Gin
01-01-2009, 03:12 PM
This morning, I woke up and instantly knew something was wrong. It was 5:00 AM, and there was no cat standing on my stomach. Striker always gets me up around 4:30 to get his breakfast.

I've been sick with a bad cold, and I thought, "Is it possible Striker knows I'm not feeling well and decided to let me sleep?" Hah. I found the real reason when I went downstairs.

I had cleverly hidden a package of kitty treats in the kitchen cupboard. During the night, Striker had gotten into the cupboard, found the package, ripped it open, woofed down the treats, and left the empty package on the floor.

This is the THIRD time he's staged a raid on the cupboards. I've long since transferred all the cat food to a sturdy plastic pail with a screw-on lid. Even Striker couldn't chew through PVC. But the kitty treats are fair game. Thank God he hasn't learned how to open the refrigerator door.

Freedom
01-01-2009, 05:31 PM
:D

My Sparkle loves to open the kitchen cupboards. Long ago (she has lived with me 12 years) I had to move all the food from the lower cabinets to the upper ones.

I also have a closet in my kitchen where I keep the treats on the shelf. She hasn't learned to open knobs; YET!

Hope you ate slowly enough to TASTE them, Striker!

catmandu
01-02-2009, 03:30 PM
I PUT SOME ANIMAL WELFARE MICE :love:ASIDE FOR GIFTS, WHEN I HEARD THUDS AND CRASHES , AND THERE WSA THE KITTEN TRIO AND HANDSOME JOHN HANCOCK PLAYING AWAY, EVEN THOUGH I LRFT MICE OUT FOR THEM.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I GUESS THAT WAS TOO EASY, THEY WANTED THE HIDDEN TOYS!!!
CATS!!!!:eek::eek:

Anikaca77
01-04-2009, 08:05 AM
That's funny...only one of our cats have learned how to open our cupboard...

kb2yjx
01-04-2009, 08:17 AM
That is one smart cat!!!! We have childproof locks on our 'fridge and the freezer on top!!! And on one cabinet in the kitchen!!! We have 8 smart cats!!!

Laura's Babies
01-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Giz gets in the cabinet looking for treats and catnip. She use to get the catnip until I put it in a tin. When I say she gets into everything.... I mean everything! I had some samples of some cat food im those little sample packs in one of the top cabinets.. Want to guess WHO got them down and ate them?

momcat
01-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Thank God he hasn't learned how to open the refrigerator door.

Striker is one sharp kitty! Is it possible that sweet Striker hasn't learned to open the fridge door "yet"?

One thing that Groucho has taught me well, never underestimate what a kitty can do!

Sending tons of scritchies and lovies for sweet Striker. I hope your cold clears up ultra soon :love: :love: :love: