PDA

View Full Version : Tweet! Twitter ... have you heard of it?

Karen
12-31-2008, 03:42 PM
We have an account on Twitter.com (http://Twitter.com) for each - dogofthedaycom , petoftheday and catoftheday . So if you "follow" them on twitter, you'll get a "tweet" every day when the new Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day go up. Twitter posts are called "tweets" and they have a limited number of characters. Many people get "tweets" sent as text messages to their cell phones.

It's free, just wanted to let people know, especially if they are already Twitter members.

Grace
12-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Is that the same Twitter that Rick Sanchez uses on CNN?

Karen
12-31-2008, 11:09 PM
Yes, it's all Twitter.com

todd
01-01-2009, 10:25 PM
yes I have

ChrisH
02-06-2009, 06:33 AM
Thanks Karen. I'll go and add right now!

Karen
02-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks, the Twitter for CatotheDay is feeling particularly neglected, as it only has 4 followers, but dog has almost 20 times that much!

Pinot's Mom
02-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Well, we can't have the dogs think they're superior, can we?:)

lvpets2002
02-12-2009, 12:02 PM
:) Well I just went & joined.. I found the Cat of the Day & posted a reply.. Now how do I become a follower??

Karen
02-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Yes, I saw you! You'd click on the icon for catoftheday, and then hit the little button underneath is that says "follow" :) It's that easy!

lvpets2002
02-12-2009, 12:37 PM
:) Oh yes Da Da = I am there now.. thanks

captain
02-12-2009, 07:57 PM
I tried to "follow" you today, and they have a "technical issue"

On Twitter I am downloadgirl :D

Karen
02-12-2009, 08:39 PM
I tried to "follow" you today, and they have a "technical issue"

On Twitter I am downloadgirl :D

Twitter often has "technical issues" but often they only last a minute or two. :) Pretty fun "problem" graphics when they happen - they've gotta have animal lovers on staff!

DJFyrewolf36
02-12-2009, 10:30 PM
I now have a twitter and am following cat of the day! If anyone cares to follow me they can, its like a mini blog lol.

I'm FyrewolfSeahawk :D

todd
02-12-2009, 10:31 PM
all chack it out

Karen
02-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks! :)

snowbelle15
03-14-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm following. :D

I am omgxerinx3.

Karen
03-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks!

BitsyNaceyDog
03-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Just saw this. I'm off to follow them too.

RedHedd
03-17-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm not on Twitter yet, but I have a feeling I soon will be :D

sparks19
03-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Gotta add that to my twitter.

Mine is www.twitter.com/Hannahs_hands

CountryWolf07
03-17-2009, 11:32 PM
I don't have twitter, but I think facebook is enough to have.. considering the major changes it just had lately. :)

ramanth
04-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Finally jumped on the Twitter bandwagon.

cutest_sandgirl

:)

Hellow
04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh, I have nearly every social networking platform there is to have.

sparks19
04-15-2009, 11:17 PM
I have added everyone who has posted their twitter names here :)

Add me

www.twitter.com/hannahs_hands

pomtzu
04-18-2009, 07:25 AM
I was watching Larry King last night, and Ashton Kutcher was on, and he and Larry were talking about Twitter. Boy, I really must be in the Dark Ages, since I didn't understand a darn thing about what they were discussing. I must have missed the point of this whole Twitter thing...........:confused::confused:

Grace
04-18-2009, 07:43 AM
I was watching Larry King last night, and Ashton Kutcher was on, and he and Larry were talking about Twitter. Boy, I really must be in the Dark Ages, since I didn't understand a darn thing about what they were discussing. I must have missed the point of this whole Twitter thing...........:confused::confused:

That makes two of us, Ellie!!

pomtzu
04-18-2009, 07:49 AM
That makes two of us, Ellie!!

:D :D Thank you my archaic friend!!! Glad I'm not all alone! :D :D

Karen
04-18-2009, 10:27 PM
:D :D Thank you my archaic friend!!! Glad I'm not all alone! :D :D

Twitter is just a little messaging service - you can post a 140-character message, and it appears in the Twitter account of anyone who is "following" you. You can also get the "tweets" as they are called as text messages on your phone if you so choose. It is free as well

I tweet every day to update all the "followers' on who each day's dog, cat and pet of the day are. That way they get a little reminder and say for example it is a bunny and they love bunnies, they can click over to http://PetoftheDay.com sooner!

Does that help?

pomtzu
04-19-2009, 06:08 AM
Twitter is just a little messaging service - you can post a 140-character message, and it appears in the Twitter account of anyone who is "following" you. You can also get the "tweets" as they are called as text messages on your phone if you so choose. It is free as well

I tweet every day to update all the "followers' on who each day's dog, cat and pet of the day are. That way they get a little reminder and say for example it is a bunny and they love bunnies, they can click over to http://PetoftheDay.com sooner!

Does that help?

I "get" that, but I'm still wondering about other things I have heard. Seems it's just a contest to see how many followers some people can get, and some of the "tweets" are worthless: "I just took a shower - the baby threw up - it's cloudy outside - etc, etc." So if I had a following - all of them will get this message????????? DUH - why?? :confused: Maybe the original concept was a good idea, but then it got "modified"????? OK - I'm just too old to appreciate it I guess! :D :D :D

sasvermont
04-19-2009, 10:21 AM
And..... I have way too much on my plate to begin with, and need another item to attend to like I need a hole in the head.

The other problem I have with all of the Facebook, Myspace, Twitter public display - I love my privacy and do not want the entire world knowing what I am doing and with whom. The thought of knowing every little detail about a co-worker or relative makes me ill.

I will let all those folks needing to be needed, have fun with their toys and information displays.

I don't have too much time on my hands. So have at it if you do have the time and interest.

There is nothing like a good book, a long walk (sans the cell phone) and a quiet nite at home, cuddling with your loved one or good friend, talking face to face.:)..... and maybe a good glass of wine....or a hot cup of tea!

pomtzu
04-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Sas - we are in agreement!!!! I have an old school friend who was bugging me to sign up on Facebook - so I registered - took a look around - shook my head and tried to figure out the purpose - and then never went back. I personally think it's a waste, and I don't want to put myself on public display either! It's just not my cup of tea - thanks anyway!!!!

sasvermont
04-19-2009, 10:57 AM
I agree with the general concept, but the privacy (lack thereof) issue bothers me so. I count on the "don't ask, don't tell" part of life to keep my personal life just that.

I do understand that it is a great way to find old school mates, lovers, friends, blah, blah, blah, but are the details, moment by moment updates, really necessary. Not for me.

One of my concerns about cell phones (and I have one) is that your quiet time is not your own when you have your phone with you, unless you configure it differently (i.e. not to ring). I love it when some goofball is at the grocery store trying to buy food and has to ring home to make sure the brand is correct. Hey, live life with a little danger and buy the brand you THINK you should buy and not call home to get some confirmation on your decision.

I can see that we need one more distraction in life like we need .... well, we just don't need anymore distractions, especially while driving! Now you can be TWEETED while driving! Yes?

Karen
04-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Like any other text message, it can come in while you are driving, but you don't have to pay any attention to it! I don't have tweets come to my cell phone, just see them on the computer.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-04-2009, 04:25 PM
The idea of someone following me, even on the internet, freaks me out!!! :love::D

Karen
07-04-2009, 07:07 PM
The idea of someone following me, even on the internet, freaks me out!!! :love::D

The good part is you only have to tell your followers what you feel like telling them! I just use the accounts I listed for each day's Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day. I don't bother to "tweet" things like "posting on Pet Talk" or where I am and what I am doing!

Cincy'sMom
07-05-2009, 08:16 AM
I have a Twitter account, and I like to get on during hte races and read what Kyle Petty and Kenny Wallace are saying as they are at the track and watching the race. I don't folow them on my phone, and I don't update my status myself. I have not figure out how to reply to things. So, mostly I don't get it, but I will add pet talk to follow!