PDA

View Full Version : Solid Gold Recall

Freedom
12-31-2008, 02:23 PM
Found this post on dogster, and have confirmed it here:

http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/news/

Voluntary Product Withdrawal - Turkey Canned Food

December 15, 2008

Solid Gold Voluntary Product Withdrawal - Turkey, Ocean Fish, Carrot, & Sweet Potatoes Formula

Turkey, Ocean Fish, Carrot, & Sweet Potatoes Formula Canned Dog Food
13.2 oz
Cans – POP-TOP CANS ONLY WITH A 'USE BY DATE 01/02/2010' located on the bottom of can

A limited production of this Turkey canned food was made with the POP-TOP, and none of the product was distributed in any of the following states:
Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Hawaii, or Alaska.

Solid Gold has received several complaints regarding mold found in a batch of 13.2 oz canned Turkey, Ocean Fish, Carrot, & Sweet Potatoes Formula, with Pop-Tops. As a precautionary measure, they ask that you return any of this product with the 'Use By Date 01/02/2010'; you will find these numbers on the bottom of the cans.

* 13.2 oz Turkey and Ocean Fish Canned Dog Food.
* Purple label with a POP –TOP (Pull top) only..
* Date on bottom of can 01/02/2010
* Turkey and Ocean Fish cans without a Pop-Top are not affected.

dreamparkingspace
12-31-2008, 06:01 PM
THANKS FOR THE NEWS!

I've actually fed that Solid Gold canned food to my dogs several times. Hector was eating Solid Gold brand food (including the canned flavor you mentioned) during the time I was feeding Tatum and Shawnee their Honest Kitchen stuff just a few months ago. I feed all of them Orijen now! Honest Kitchen was great but really expensive. Still give 'em the HK supplements though.

Freedom
12-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Oh gosh, don't want to scare you, but DO keep up with the Origen web site, ok?

There are problems with their cat food, in both USA and Australia. Australia has already begun a recall, but not here in USA as yet. There are many cat deaths and cats paralyzed due to something wrong in the processing. So, do keep an eye out.

Catlady711
12-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Wow. Just goes to show that given enough time EVERYTHING we feed ourselves and our pets, will be on a recall list someday. *sigh*

dreamparkingspace
01-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the information about the Orijen cat food in Australia and how it got recalled due to making cats sick/paralyzed/whatever. I've already cancelled the order for Orijen dog food I made yesterday through PFD and am ready to switch to Wellness CORE. I've fed that in the past and have had no problems with it. What do you all feed your dog? It seems like practically every brand has been recalled at some point or other these days...

Freedom
01-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Oh no, I didn't mean for you to cancel an order!

I feed Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul, their dry kibble. It is all human grade ingredients.

http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/